Premium Format Rocket and Groot Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is definitely too much for the size of the piece. It might hit you harder if you are really from Aruba That being said, it feels like a deal compared to what sideshow is charging these days but these are the times we're living in. Pricing aside, I think it's a very well done piece. If you like what you see, I'd pounce on it. There's only 1k of them in total.

I wouldn't send that back... you may get a replacement with more issues... where there are unpainted spots I use a black sharpie and dab the spot, then use my finger to work it in and it blends in nicely. Those are easy fixes and if the rest of the statue doesn't have issues keep it IMO.

Great idea and I was wondering if a simply Sharpie might work. I contacted SS just to see my options, but I am very concerned a replacement might be worse. Will most likely keep it and try to doctor it up myself. Overall though I love this little guy and can't wait for Groot to ship.

Thanks for all of the good advice guys, I really appreciate it!

Got my Rocket today and being new to SS, I wanted some advice. It looks like some of his fur came broke or was simply not painted (see the white specks in the pictures). There is also a small paint chip where his tail goes into his body that is still visible when fully inserted. Am I being overly picky or should I see if SS will replace?

View attachment 350729
View attachment 350728
View attachment 350730
View attachment 350731

Just send it back if they won't replace it. Don't settle for bad quality control. It's still in stock right?

Ebay. You'll be able to get one for a decent price, if the WL doesn't convert.

I wasn't impressed that much with Gamora though. I ended up sending mine back.

I will probably do that anyway. Only for completest reasons. I might just cancel the waitlist and just flex Captain Marvel.

Groot EX is arriving tomorrow! That'll make all 3. I'd love to see all 3 together by someone if they have a picture. Do all 3 possibly fit in a Besta? Groot in the back right, then Gamora in the middle but off to the left side and then Rocket in the front. Seems possible. I'll see and take a pic of it tomorrow. Since photobucket's turned into an abomination I don't know how I'll post it though lol.

Groot EX is arriving tomorrow! That'll make all 3. I'd love to see all 3 together by someone if they have a picture. Do all 3 possibly fit in a Besta? Groot in the back right, then Gamora in the middle but off to the left side and then Rocket in the front. Seems possible. I'll see and take a pic of it tomorrow. Since photobucket's turned into an abomination I don't know how I'll post it though lol.

Please post pictures! I walked by my Besta that has Rocket in it, earlier and thought along the same lines. Curious if all 3 will fit. Mine will arrive on Monday and Gamora is set to convert on Tuesday.

199/350 Groot just arrived and its big! Very impressive, great paint. Good weight for its size not too light, not too heavy. Heavy always nice cause it gives you a good feeling that you have a quality made piece but with statues this big, I don't need a 50 pounder lol. But yeah this statue is like the old school Sideshow. Amazing! I hope everyone else's arrives the same.

And Gamora and Groot don't both fit inside a Besta. Groot and Rocket do perfectly. Groot with the EX arm doesn't fit.

199/350 Groot just arrived and its big! Very impressive, great paint. Good weight for its size not too light, not too heavy. Heavy always nice cause it gives you a good feeling that you have a quality made piece but with statues this big, I don't need a 50 pounder lol. But yeah this statue is like the old school Sideshow. Amazing! I hope everyone else's arrives the same.

And Gamora and Groot don't both fit inside a Besta. Groot and Rocket do perfectly. Groot with the EX arm doesn't fit.

Sucks about the arm, but glad to hear that piece is delivered. Another piece that I was REALLY tempted to get, but Gamora just turned me off to the whole line.

Oh no I meant the arm fits in the socket perfectly. I meant the statue doesn't fit inside a Besta with the EX arm on lol.

#iamgroot

AgBwzAi.jpg

nHWQhMX.jpg

9W4SWLv.jpg

AcA5tn5.jpg

aLuRXzw.jpg

I finally got a chance to open up my Rocket. I'm Very, Very happy with it. I was pleasantly surprised to see how big it was (compared to what I had in mind). I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Sideshow's apple must be a GMO fruit lol.
Here is my unboxing video. A bit on the short side, but it's Rocket we're talking about here. :p
Hope you guys enjoy it.

Great video Suited for gaming, the three pieces together at the end with the music playing (ver nice).
Rocket looks awesome, congrats to all who got him.

Regular viewer of Lou's show and enjoy hearing your input, etc.

Oh no I meant the arm fits in the socket perfectly. I meant the statue doesn't fit inside a Besta with the EX arm on lol.

Ah! Well that's much better than I thought. :lol

Pieces seem to be getting more elaborate nowadays that Bestas are becoming somewhat obsolete.

Great video Suited for gaming, the three pieces together at the end with the music playing (ver nice).
Rocket looks awesome, congrats to all who got him.

Regular viewer of Lou's show and enjoy hearing your input, etc.

Thanks for the kind words Ninja. Much appreciated =D

Back