Roc74's Customs Gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks paulcarson! Everyone, all of your encouragement helps me when Im contemplating "customizing" one of my statues or collectibles for fear of ruining them.

Your comments encouraged me SO much so I decided to move on to a PF.... This is what i got so far.... (HOPE i didnt ruining it...). Having trouble with eye color at the moment, I think it needs to be darker... Any suggestion on how to fix this (Or any other obvious flaws you see? ) Also I suck at painting eyebrows, any tips there also welcomed.

HanPFrepaintWIP.jpg

Last edited:
Your eyework on Han looks really nice, but I agree the color needs to be darker. They appear to be blue in the pic whereas Harrison's are a hazel/greenish brown color I believe. His eye color is very tricky. The eyework is really great though.

Thanks Theobsoleteman..

Greenish/brown you say? hmm maybe if i go over it with a brown wash it will not only darken it bout also tint it brown? I give a try... Also something about the eyebrows... I think in the pic of the Original paintjob (which is what I was shooting for) the eyebrows seem to be painted lower... might have to re do them...

I worked on the eyes and eyebrows a bit more....

HanPFrepaintWIP2.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! That Han looks great! Very nicely done with the eyes and skintone... he looks so real. Awesome work, Roc.
-Ryan

Thanks for the feedback... i think the brown wash over the eye helped a lot.

Well besides painting the arms I guess im done with it now here are some final pics

watermark.php

watermark.php

Here is a pic of the completed Keaton repaint. I tore the cape removing the other Latex rubber head, so I need to fix the cape somehow.

watermark.php

Been awhile...

But I decided to repaint Sideshow ANH Luke hair. Im having a hard time trying to get the colors right for Blonde hair like how Luke has it. Anyway this is my attempt I like better then that wierd green hair he had before. Any comments and advice is welcomed.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Hmmm I guess Luke gets no love... :lol.

Here some shots of a painted up ROTS Obi Wan head that paulcarson re sculpted off the SS AOTC Obiwan. Once again, any help in improving or critiques is appreciated.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

I think you've made a great job on both Luke and Obi Wan ! The only improvement I'd suggest is maybe lightening Obi's hair up a touch , it is closer to the same colour you used for Luke . Looking good though , you have some nice figures there !

Nice work on Obi-Wan, he came out great. I would suggest painting his chest to match though... make him look a bit more polished.

The only critique I would make on Obi-Wan is that the hair and beard should be a bit lighter, more of a reddish/strawberry blond color. The actual paint technique looks superb though.

Thanks guys for taking a look and commenting. ABout Obi's hair color, its tough figure out which color to go since his color hair is different between statues figures and other collectible. I opted to go with a more brown color this time around.

Back