Roc74's Customs Gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roc74

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello,

Thought I create thread of my customs just to keep them organized, but I dont really have many to show yet. Really Im just dabbling in customs at the moment but find it real fun to see how to create characters not done yet or to improve upon some that are already out there.

My latest Creation is the TDK Joker, I got a casted TDK Joker head from DarkArtist which I painted , and I had to make the Coat, Pants and Vest by scratch. Did a crash course in sewing , so they came out a bit crooked. The Shirt and tie I bought off a member here and will eventually replace them when I can find a color scheme more closer to the movie costume. Also this was all put together on a Sideshow Buck.

Overall Im happy with how he turned out but I will still be tweaking him here in there, especilally the face painting, I would eventually like to re do the face once I got more experience in it.

Well here are the pics, appreciate any comment to help me improve upon the figure.. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Re: Roc74's Customs Gallery - *NEW TDK JOKER*

Great work but where the hell did you find this purple suit ?
I'm building my own Joker but impossible to find the costume except waiting the 13" DC Direct Joker, I ask this to all of the customizer who will build there custom Joker.

This one is one of my first Custom figure, TPM Obi-Wan. I have posted these pics before in other threads but I guess I will re post them here again for organization sake.

The Headsculpt is from SunOHc which I painted. I mostly used Sideshow ROTS Obi-Wan for most of the costume. However I did bleech the pants to be closer to the TPM color, and I did have to sew up an inner shirt since the dark brown would not bleech up good.

ObiwanalonenoCloak.jpg

ObiandQuigon.jpg

facecloseup.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments.

Great work but where the hell did you find this purple suit ?
I'm building my own Joker but impossible to find the costume except waiting the 13" DC Direct Joker, I ask this to all of the customizer who will build there custom Joker.

C-Phan, I had to make them by scratch. I drew up a pattern and then bought the material, and cut it up and sewed it up.

Well for someone who had a crash course in sewing , that clothing looks bloody superb!

Well done mate !

Very well done. The jacket in particular looks fantastic. I fear that I too will have to make my own jacket. I think I can find a vest and pants if I look hard enough, but they would definately need some dying.

My biggest problem is the pattern on the shirt. I doubt I could do that myself.

This is some wonderful work!
The sewing and craft on those Joker clothes is terrific!

I am stoked! Great paintup too! :chew

Really amazing work on the Joker's clothing! You could probably make a decent amount of $$$ should you decide to reporduce it! I would suggest a bit of weathering be done too it though... it actually fits real well with the HT Bats as is. But I think could be a little more real-world with some distressing.

Very nice joker and obi-wan keep up the good work :rock

Thanks a lot for the comments guys.

Im thinking of changing a few things on the Joker but not anytime soon, for example Im trying to figure out how to put in lining in the coat, so I can line the overcoat with red material to make it look closer to the movies.

Also I need a good pair of gloved hands. And the pants I will re do, once I find the right material which has purple and black stripes.

The shirt and tie I will make if I can get that haneycomb pattern somehow printed on the material.

And lastly, try again to repaint the head as I feel it can be a lot better.

Thanks again for your comments, helps me keep motivated

Hello Guys,
Finally finished painting up a headsculpt I had recieved from Darren awhile back. This is the OUTSTANDING Reworked Sideshow ANAKIN Headsculpt by Darren. Well here is my crack at trying to paint it. Please let know what you think and I appreciate any and all constructive critism. Thanks for looking.

ANAKinPaintedHeadsulpt.jpg

AnakinSansGlove.jpg

AnakinSansTunic.jpg

Last edited:

Pretty good job painting him up Roc74! Did you use pastels or just paint to get the shadows and different shades of the skin tone in? Also what is it that you guys mount your heads on? I know its a stupid question but I always paint my heads while holding them and sometimes get a fingerprint on it :(

Pretty good job painting him up Roc74! Did you use pastels or just paint to get the shadows and different shades of the skin tone in? Also what is it that you guys mount your heads on? I know its a stupid question but I always paint my heads while holding them and sometimes get a fingerprint on it :(

Hello Chapuchi,
Thanks, I didnt use pastel this time around, I just used an Airbrush and washes. Ive used pastels once before, and from a distance they look good but sometimes when you get in close, they can look like dirt. Here is an example of a Batman kit I painted the face with pastels and washes:

Kilmerbatmanfull6.jpg

As for what I have the head mounted on when Im painting it, I used a piece of Dowel fitted onto a scrap piece of pine board and I wrap the top of the dowel where the head is fitted to with foam tape.

Last edited:
I finished dressing Anakin up in full Jedi Gear... Really digging the new sculpt...

DSC00324.jpg

Thank you mrhatrulez for your comments.
Im pretty happy with it but I guess its not nearly as good as others here gauging by the interest in this thread shown so far ;-)

Im pretty happy with it but I guess its not nearly as good as others here gauging by the interest in this thread shown so far ;-)

Trust me, your paintjob kicks the snot outta my paint of that awesome sculpt. But not to worry... I find people tend to be slow commenting in the new customs threads.
Keep it coming, don't stop. If you build it, they will come!
:)

Hello guys,

Well going down the list of Headsculpts sitting in my shelf that I still need to paint up, next is Keaton Batman By Sovreign Studios. I Bought a cast of the the V2 head unpainted and uncleaned, from Shawn to replace the Rubber one that came in his V3 Keaton batman.

So far this is what I have done to it... I need suggestions please on doing the eyes more lifelike and more help on shading techniques... Thanks.

KeatonBatman480kWIP.jpg

Last edited:
Back