Robocop by Neca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf873

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I've been looking around for a Robocop figure within reasonable price range and so far have found only 18" figure by Neca. So my question is, is it worth it? how's the quality? I read somewhere that there is no leg compartment for the gun, true? can anyone post any shots of him?

Thanks.

no leg compartment. really, the coolest thing about it is the sound feature.
it's an inexpensive figure, but it's huge and you get enough bang for your buck.
i like the mcfarlane 12" figure too. it's dirt cheap and fits well with my 1/6 collection.

the only robocop figures i know of with the leg compartment are the hot toys 12" figures and the toy island 15" figure which has one on both legs.
the leg compartment was the main reason i got them.

The question is what scale do you want a Robocop in? 1/4 or 1/6. After that what type of quality do you want, high or mediocre?

Mediocre:

1/6 McFarlane
1/4 Neca

High end:

1/6 Hot Toys
1/4 Sideshow Premium Format

I have 2 different versions of the 1/6 Hot Toys and imo nothing tops its quality regardless of scale.

I have 2 different versions of the 1/6 Hot Toys and imo nothing tops its quality regardless of scale.
agreed. the ht figures are as good as it gets. until you take the helmet off, anyway. but it's still my favorite robocop fig.
the sideshow pf isn't even as accurate as the neca one, though. at that scale you're better off with neca.

agreed. the ht figures are as good as it gets. until you take the helmet off, anyway. but it's still my favorite robocop fig.
the sideshow pf isn't even as accurate as the neca one, though. at that scale you're better off with neca.

Yes, theres that and the price difference between the 2. $50 or $250, you decide. I do love the base of the PF though, its REALLY nice. I've seen the PF in person and its not that bad but nothing I would spend over $100 on.

Seriously? Aside from these few years, McF's paint has been nothing but great. Its NECA who has the bad paints. Go find a pic of the McF Robo....he's quite great.

Well scale doesn't concern me as much as the detail to accuracy and, being nitpicky here, the gun compartment. What about this PF figure? I would like to know more about it. Hot Toys figure is running for quiet a high price, so I don't think I'll go for that one.

Seriously? Aside from these few years, McF's paint has been nothing but great. Its NECA who has the bad paints. Go find a pic of the McF Robo....he's quite great.

No need i've seen several in hand and the paint just seems to have one too many blotches on the armor. Then again its about $35 so you get what you pay for. Hey if you like it thats all that matters.

Well scale doesn't concern me as much as the detail to accuracy and, being nitpicky here, the gun compartment. What about this PF figure? I would like to know more about it. Hot Toys figure is running for quiet a high price, so I don't think I'll go for that one.
as expensive as the Hot Toys figure is, it's still cheaper than the SSC PF.
the PF does have the leg compartment, but isn't even close to accuracy as the Hot Toys fig.

here's the SSC page for the PF if you want to judge for yourself.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=7149

Crawford review of the Hot Toys figure.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082106a.htm
No need i've seen several in hand and the paint just seems to have one too many blotches on the armor. Then again its about $35 so you get what you pay for. Hey if you like it thats all that matters.
nah, i own it and the paint is fine. mine was $17, though.

McF did a fine job on their Robo, heavy solid piece, nice base too. Mine has a good paint job as well. The material the paint is applied to is different. It gives the Hot Toys paint a smoother and shinier, more metallic look, visually. It's not as fine or refined as Hot Toys, but it's not a huge drop in quality, by comparison. For the price it's amazing. Doesn't have the leg compartment though.

I really like the 12" Mc's figure, but it's battle damaged, was there no regular version made? So, it's really between Hot Toys or PF, and none of you guys recommend Neca figure?

See above. prefused recommended the Neca over the PF.

In the end you can't go wrong with the Hot Toys version.

The neca Robocop is the best robocop figure out there. It has the best sculpt and is the most authentic. Although it isn't produced as refined as the hot Toys figure it still beats Hot Toys. The sideshow PF is the most horrible figure i ever saw, be ashamed Sideshow.

The neca Robocop is the best robocop figure out there. It has the best sculpt and is the most authentic. Although it isn't produced as refined as the hot Toys figure it still beats Hot Toys. The sideshow PF is the most horrible figure i ever saw, be ashamed Sideshow.

Bullsh it!!! I bought two of the NECA Robo's because they we're so cheap. One had a massive paint run down one leg and the overall paint job on both was dull, but I guess that's what you pay for! So I gave 'em away.
Having owned all four variants(Mcfarlane,Hot Toys,Neca:sick And Sideshow) I can say that the Hot Toys version is by far and away the best your money can buy.
The only one I own now is the Sideshow PF version which I think is still quite an impressive statue, granted not the best.
For this turkey to say the PF is the most horrible figure he'd ever seen, get up in the morning and take a good look at yourself in the mirror dude, you may think twice!

i'm gonna go ahead and guess you don't have the Hot Toys figure.

Actually from my research, I have found almost all of the available figures to be worth having. I don't know if it the looks as good in person than it does in pictures, but Neca, Mc's, and Hot Toys all look very accurate, with HT and Neca being more so. On the other hand PF looks the best to me among them, but I can't afford to pay for those since I just spent $400+ on Terminator Endo and TDK Bats. I'm looking to spend no more than $100 right now, so I think Neca is the way to go, but I'm still having doubts since many here are offering varying opinions :).

Back