Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' HOT TOYS 1/4 IRON MAN MK43 + CUSTOM B

Haha I did have my eyes on the mk1 you had :) all about timing unfortunately .

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' HOT TOYS 1/4 IRON MAN MK43 + CUSTOM B

Great new stuff you have Andy. Hope to see more.

Thanks for the in-depth reply, you have helped a lot mate :)

Anytime buddy :)

Haha I did have my eyes on the mk1 you had :) all about timing unfortunately .

Yea, sadly it sold pretty much as soon as i listed it on the Facebook statue groups :(

Great new stuff you have Andy. Hope to see more.

Thanks for the kind words Yoga :hi5:

since your one of the king of statue mods, I have a question for you. I'm completely done with figures, but do you think the stark sculpt on the 1/4 HT figure could be modified to fit any of the 1/4 IM statues out there? If it's in scale, I was thinking of buying the 1/4 IA battle damaged Mark 42 and having the HT Stark sculpt modded to fit it. What do you think, could it work?

since your one of the king of statue mods, I have a question for you. I'm completely done with figures, but do you think the stark sculpt on the 1/4 HT figure could be modified to fit any of the 1/4 IM statues out there? If it's in scale, I was thinking of buying the 1/4 IA battle damaged Mark 42 and having the HT Stark sculpt modded to fit it. What do you think, could it work?

Hey buddy, ive often said the same thing when deciding to end it with figures :lol but since companies like Enterbay and Hot Toys can achieve such realistic likenesses to certain actors then i find myself always getting dragged back in :( with that said, companies such as Blitzway (with their Bruce Lee statues) and of late we've seen Iron Studios (with their incredible likeness to the movie Captain America) so good signs that statue companies are stepping up their game :)

To answer your question, its certainly possible to have the RDJ portrait placed onto the body of the MK42 Maquette but you'd have a tricky time doing i'd imagine not to mention quite pricey to have someone do it too. I know the Sideshow RDJ portrait on the MK42 leaves a lot to be desired but my opinion is just to stick with what youve got on that one and not to change it.

I've got a suspicion that Hot Toys will release a few more of the older original armours in the first 2 movies as part of their new 1/4 scale line so if that does become reality then i'll certainly be selling off most of my statues cos their level of detail and movie accuracy really is second to none :)

Andy you have a hugh collection men you go and go and go ! :clap

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' HOT TOYS 1/4 IRON MAN MK43 + CUS...

Finally got back to my routes and the character that probably means the most to me in the Marvel universe :lol Yep, i love Iron Man! :yess: and the new 1/4 Scale MK43 Figure by Hot Toys was one collectible that i was so looking forward to. Infact, i rated this new figure so highly from day 1 saying that it would arguably be the best ever Iron Man collectible (and that's including all the Sideshow Maquettes or even the new MK43 Cinemaquette!)

Now that i finally have it inhand, i'm happy to say that i wasn't wrong! The figure is INCREDIBLE! From the paint apps, to the awesome light up features, to the insane RDJ unmasked portrait...it's simply awesome! I've pretty much owned at one time all the Iron Man movie statues and i can safely say that i'd pick this Hot Toys 1/4 Scale figure over any of them...

There are heaps of reviews on Youtube aswell as on various forums and pretty much all the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive...with that said, the only area in which i had to score it down was the actual base. Now the base is actually pretty well detailed...including the dismembered body of one of Ultrons drones mixed in with some cool looking rocks, etc...but where i feel the base is a flawed design is due to the lack of positions that you are able to display the figure when placing it on top of it :( The area in which you have to place the feet of the figure kind of limits your choice of pose for the Iron Man and can really become fustrating. So much so that i smashed mine up and decided to display the figure my way! Lol! With that, i give you my 1/4 Scale Iron Man MK43 Figure by Hot Toys...quite simply the best Iron Man collectible i've owned to date! :)

b555b0d1570b69b49b1c2d358e83fe57.jpg

fdcbc66f0fc8e293a7a73cc38ba503f1.jpg

f5e047739115855d8f090f211c25cc77.jpg

8d3eb22fb47841c0e1438b5f1bdec617.jpg

Congrats!
Mine is waiting for me at home. I cant wait to see it!
Did you get the other armor?

Iron Man is an awesome edition. Congrats buddy!

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' HOT TOYS 1/4 IRON MAN MK43 + CUS...

Andy you have a hugh collection men you go and go and go ! :clap

Hey Brian, great to hear from you buddy :) :lol i know bro :lol one day i will eventually slow down ;)

Congrats!
Mine is waiting for me at home. I cant wait to see it!
Did you get the other armor?

Thanks buddy :hi5: I think you'll be blown away by the detail thats gone into Hot Toys' first 1/4 scale Iron Man figure :) and just love how vertaile the piece is in that there are many ways to display him and loads of accessories too!

Other armour as in the 1/4 scale MK45? I still havent PO'd that one as i'm not overly keen on that suit...instead i'd rather save my money and wait for the new Captain America 3 suit (which must be MK46? lol) i really like the look of that one ;)

Iron Man is an awesome edition. Congrats buddy!

Thanks Alex :) Much appreciated buddy :hi5:

Hey Brian, great to hear from you buddy :) :lol i know bro :lol one day i will eventually slow down ;)

Thanks buddy :hi5: I think you'll be blown away by the detail thats gone into Hot Toys' first 1/4 scale Iron Man figure :) and just love how vertaile the piece is in that there are many ways to display him and loads of accessories too!

Other armour as in the 1/4 scale MK45? I still havent PO'd that one as i'm not overly keen on that suit...instead i'd rather save my money and wait for the new Captain America 3 suit (which must be MK46? lol) i really like the look of that one ;)

Thanks Alex :) Much appreciated buddy :hi5:

Yes your right way too many armors! LOL
@ $500 a pop that adds up quick

Finally got back to my routes and the character that probably means the most to me in the Marvel universe :lol Yep, i love Iron Man! :yess: and the new 1/4 Scale MK43 Figure by Hot Toys was one collectible that i was so looking forward to. Infact, i rated this new figure so highly from day 1 saying that it would arguably be the best ever Iron Man collectible (and that's including all the Sideshow Maquettes or even the new MK43 Cinemaquette!)

Now that i finally have it inhand, i'm happy to say that i wasn't wrong! The figure is INCREDIBLE! From the paint apps, to the awesome light up features, to the insane RDJ unmasked portrait...it's simply awesome! I've pretty much owned at one time all the Iron Man movie statues and i can safely say that i'd pick this Hot Toys 1/4 Scale figure over any of them...

There are heaps of reviews on Youtube aswell as on various forums and pretty much all the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive...with that said, the only area in which i had to score it down was the actual base. Now the base is actually pretty well detailed...including the dismembered body of one of Ultrons drones mixed in with some cool looking rocks, etc...but where i feel the base is a flawed design is due to the lack of positions that you are able to display the figure when placing it on top of it :( The area in which you have to place the feet of the figure kind of limits your choice of pose for the Iron Man and can really become fustrating. So much so that i smashed mine up and decided to display the figure my way! Lol! With that, i give you my 1/4 Scale Iron Man MK43 Figure by Hot Toys...quite simply the best Iron Man collectible i've owned to date! :)

b555b0d1570b69b49b1c2d358e83fe57.jpg

Grats on this 1/4 piece man. I have the 1/6 and I love it! Can only imagine seeing it in its 1/4 glory.

I just found out this thread yesterday, and I'm in awe...
your collections are fantastic andy! certainly grow a lot since I saw your work from enterbay rambo thread🍻

Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' HOT TOYS 1/4 IRON MAN MK43 + CUSTOM BASE

Yes your right way too many armors! LOL
@ $500 a pop that adds up quick

:lol not to mention ive got a 1:3 Scale ECC Hulk on the way bro! :thud: :lol

Grats on this 1/4 piece man. I have the 1/6 and I love it! Can only imagine seeing it in its 1/4 glory.

Thanks Remy :) Yea, totally made up with this guy buddy :) I love my Iron Man statues but having it as a figure allows the collector to have such freedom to display how he/she wants...not to mention the incredible accuracy and attention to detail on the RDJ portrait. Best of both worlds i say ;)

I just found out this thread yesterday, and I'm in awe...
your collections are fantastic andy! certainly grow a lot since I saw your work from enterbay rambo thread��

Hey bro, thanks so much for stopping by and great to hear from you :) Thanks for the kind words....Yea, i remember the Rambo display really well buddy...definately one of the best Rambo collectibles on the market for sure!

29fb781fc30a0cd4bf571e67e8a02297.jpg

Robertobagg10collection Thread 'COMING SOON' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA

Okay, had a spare 5 minutes so had to get this update up. Here's a little project i was working on over the Easter Holidays just gone...basically i purcashed a professionally painted 30" Hasbro Hero Millenium Falcon Model (which is only 4" shorter than the official Master Replicas Studio Scale version) about 4 months ago or so...infact, it was literally the day i came out of the cinema from watching 'The Force Awakens' that i saw this Falcon for sale on Facebook and literally bought it instantly! :lol I've always been a sucker for the Falcon...ever since i was 5 years old it was the spaceship that fascinated me the most...aswell as it being the very first major toy that i had as a kid!

So not content with just having this Falcon on display, i wanted to build a diorama with maybe a couple of Tie Fighters! All these images inside my head of how i wanted things to look began to look clearer as i was introduced to Bandai's 1/72 scale Star Wars ships...basically they come as a pre pracked kit which needs assembling and then painting. So i purchased 2 Tie Fighters and an X Wing from eBay and gave it a shot! I started with the X Wing and have to say that i was totally gobsmacked at how well i had painted it cos i didnt look too bad at all...even for am amateur like me! :lol So i also built and painted the 2 Tie Fighters also and not sure if anyone has ever had the patience to build and paint kits but for a first time, i actually found it really therapuetic! :lol

So with the ships all done i just needed something to bring it all together...and for that i decided to use Polysterene/Styrofoam for a rocky backdrop setting as ive worked with that material for previous projects and worked really well (for example with my Hot Toys DX09 Keaton Batman Batcave Diorama which you can see on page 775).

So once i had sculpted the rocky backdrop, all that was left was to harden the polysterene using wall tile adhesive and then painting it in the desired colour. Once complete, i then used thin wired rods and attached one side to the Tie Fighters and X-Wing and this enabled me to position the ships onto the backdrop in any position i wanted...this worked out really well! As for the Falcon, that was displayed using a much thicker acrylic cylinder that was cut at an angle allowing the Falcon to look as though its flying through mid air....very cool inhand i must say!

So all in all, it took me literally 12 hours (spread over 3 days) to build everything you see in the pics below (apart from the Falcon) and i couldnt be happier with the end result! What always makes it more satisfying is knowing its your creation and that you built a display from nothing so that makes it even more rewarding when i sit back and enjoy the view :)

Hope you like the pics guys and thanks for looking :)

ac74bf5566bd35184bf9e12fe9adde5d.jpg

bf9c33b07404ef71a243bd665bd56118.jpg

1d74140cf44bdd1f9b75b9f789dba80e.jpg

6151dd3520dfb00558ea7831f4fdf4a1.jpg

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA

Sooo cool ;) first batman and now this, reall great idea:)

Re: Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' 30" CUSTOM MILLENIUM FALCON DIORAMA

heavens!! that is one impressive diorama!! keep it like this and, judging by this thread, your collection will be museum worth!!

Back