Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVI MAQUETTE EXCLUSIVE

:lol No that's how you roll. I saw it on FB.

:lol :lol

Jay, your so rich that when you cash in a cheque, the bank bounces! :lol :lol

your so rich that you had to google image a pound coin cos you forgot what it looked like! :lol :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVI MAQUETTE EXCLUSIVE

:lol Love those 2 :clap

Indeed it is Marc :yess: Glad to have it back :) When you say upcoming SS maquette i assume your referring to the MKII right? :dunno Looking forward to that one but dont think we'll see the same kinda quality in that piece that we saw for their MKVI...
I should have said maquetteS as they teased several. 3 and 7 are my most awaited... For 2, I highly doubt it will have the metal finish as it's suppose to be so will mostly look like crap (I hope I will be proved wrong)

Congrats Andy. This is one of my favourite IM. What's the sideshow cube behind IM M6?

I should have said maquetteS as they teased several. 3 and 7 are my most awaited... For 2, I highly doubt it will have the metal finish as it's suppose to be so will mostly look like crap (I hope I will be proved wrong)

Yea, I totally agree Marc :) I'm also really excited abt a possible MKIIi, V and MKVII but from what I heard, these are a long way away :( MKII is our only hope next and like you'd said, it's very doubtful that sideshow will nail the brushed metal silver finish :(

Congrats Andy. This is one of my favourite IM. What's the sideshow cube behind IM M6?

Thanks Yoga :) much appreciated buddy. The Sideshow plaque was kindly sent to me from a fellow collector as gift :) he also sent me one for Marvel and DC too. They are like 3D plaques and they look pretty cool when photographed alongside a statue :)

Yea, I totally agree Marc :) I'm also really excited abt a possible MKIIi, V and MKVII but from what I heard, these are a long way away :( MKII is our only hope next and like you'd said, it's very doubtful that sideshow will nail the brushed metal silver finish :(

Thanks Yoga :) much appreciated buddy. The Sideshow plaque was kindly sent to me from a fellow collector as gift :) he also sent me one for Marvel and DC too. They are like 3D plaques and they look pretty cool when photographed alongside a statue :)

b49ce603d271ef892619578b52af1d66.jpg

very cool display my friend Andy ;)

Awesome statue Andy. I come close to getting this a few times... One of the best imo

very cool display my friend Andy ;)

Thanks Adam :) much appreciated my friend

Awesome statue Andy. I come close to getting this a few times... One of the best imo

Hey Matt, thanks buddy :) yea, i ended up selling mine nearly 2 years ago and it wasnt until recently that my love for it re-kindled and i began to miss it in my collection :lol Let's hope my love for the original War Machine Maquette doesnt re-kindle anytime soon as i sold that one a while back aswell! ;) :lol

Congrats...just re-picked up this guy myself! He is amazing!

Wow I missed this one big times well when I saw it at my Lcs for 400.00. It looks awesome! Enjoy it and your collection is always mind blowing with so much customs and various cool statues.

Congrats...just re-picked up this guy myself! He is amazing!

Hey Chris, thanks bro :hi5: and many congrats to you too on your re-acquainted addition! :rock

Wow I missed this one big times well when I saw it at my Lcs for 400.00. It looks awesome! Enjoy it and your collection is always mind blowing with so much customs and various cool statues.

Thanks so much for your kind support and comments my friend :) it is most appreciated...

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' REPAINTED SSC COMIC VERSION THING PF

Hi andy

Did you see all the new pieces of the comic-con? Which are your P.O's?

Last edited:
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' REPAINTED SSC COMIC VERSION THIN...

Massive congrats on re-purchasing one of my favourite Iron Man statues Andy :clap The Mark 6 is by far one of Sideshows better Iron Man releases, if not the best. Make sure you don't let him go again! :lecture :lol

Thanks buddy :hi5: glad to have him back ;)

Hi andy

Did you see all the new pieces of the comic-con? Which are your P.O's?

Good question :) well for me there were a number of pieces that definately took my liking and so here's my list of what I'll definately be pre ordering from this years SDCC15' :yess:

Okay, so to start off with I'd have to say that my favourite piece of the Con would have to be the Loki PF. I collect movie pieces too and Loki will fit right in with my other 1/4 Scale PFs. The likeness is fantastic and the mixed media is Sideshows trademark as they can produce some fantastic mixed media statues such as the OG Red Skull PF, the Cobra Commander PF, Gandalf and Saruman PF's to name but a few :)

399f6cb1bb67a9681295f94a756f8bc4.jpg

Next would be the amazing Red Sonja PF :love how amazing does she look eh! Most certainly on of the best female sculpts I've ever seen and the base is just killer! Most certainly a day 1 pre order for me!

6d94dd285747339facb04b231dffb5bd.jpg

Then we have the Masters of the Universe line of He-Man and Skeletor :horror these guys really impressed me and despite being 1/5 scale, I'm still gonna be buying into this line :)

3abe811d5632f8c5cf7e79c44812f11c.jpg

Then of course the 2 Spidey PFs are no brainers as I'm a massive Spidey fan so looking forward to adding those :)

77adc092ec28f573f5c8e952bb9e3d5a.jpg

Finally, i made a decision last night that I think I'll be buying into the Hot Toys 1/4 Scale line up of Vader and one or two of their Stormtroopers. I'm a massive fan of Hot Toys and so I know that these characters will be totally movie accurate with tons of accessories....really looking forward to seeing more characters from this line :)

bd3faea15cfa3a98128622ff7fb3b78c.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' REPAINTED SSC COMIC VERSION THING PF

That's a good list,I'm thinking in prime1 studios joker but I need to see some videos of the piece

I saw today spidey pf video with Stan lee and the statue is HUGE!!!

I also have talked to people who have been in the comic, and they said that Loki is exquisitely finished

Sonja is beating the wallet again :lol

Nice update Andy. Not much time last months to folow you! But i am back :D

That's a good list,I'm thinking in prime1 studios joker but I need to see some videos of the piece

I saw today spidey pf video with Stan lee and the statue is HUGE!!!

I also have talked to people who have been in the comic, and they said that Loki is exquisitely finished

Sonja is beating the wallet again :lol

Yea, Loki was a big surprise for me as he does look great with super mixed media and a cool likeness too. As ever. with each Comic Con, it brings new statues to the forefront and another reason to start saving more money! :lol

Nice update Andy. Not much time last months to folow you! But i am back :D

Thanks Brian :) Hope your well buddy!

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' REPAINTED SSC COMIC VERSION THIN...

Hey guys, here's an update that i've been meaning to post for a while now...and an old school piece which has eluded me for a while which is The Thing premium Format Exclusive by Sideshow Collectibles. The long wait to purchase this guy wasn't just down to finding one at the right price but also because i specifically wanted the Exclusive version with the two heads plus the short pants version as opposed to the one with full pants and moon boots which isnt how i remembered him from the comics/cartoons.

So finally, i managed to get an EX for a great price (thanks once again to another fellow freak member Brett aka brettb) which arrived in great condition and of course had the 2 heads and shorts like i wanted :) Now, my only concern with this statue and something that has always bugged me, is the wierd darker orange shading across various parts of the statue - this apparently is to give off a shadow effect but for me personally, it really put me off in the pics that i saw and inhand it did'nt look any better :( So it was always my intention to get this huge piece repainted! With that said, the original paint apps were a little flat to say the least - as you can see here from these random pics which i found on google...

ec6dd9bebf126347dab0e45ee07ff060.jpg

d1b08144aaa3f7b9388630ed15de5789.jpg

441764b653f8b8a8aabcbdc72b2718dd.jpg

Within a few weeks after recieving the statue, i sent him anyway to get a fresh lick of paint whilst i worked on customising his belt by adding a Fantastic Four logo symbol - which Sideshow included on their long panted version but sadly not for the one with shorts :( This mod took me literally 5 mins worth of sculpting (to achieve the thickness of the badge and then a day to let it set and become rock hard. Then i printed off the logo from a laser printer and attached it onto the badge base and voila!) A small mod it may be but it really does make a big difference when you see it inhand :)

As for the final repaint...well i was totally blown away by the transformation :horror Its exactly how i imagined it to look, maybe even better!...here's a before after pic to show the differences :)

d4315b92d8429a23e5748c95a766f6c6.jpg

Its certainly become one of my customised pieces in my collection due to there not being too many Thing statues available in 1/4 scale. Its a real under-rated piece and i'm so happy to have him in the collection :)

Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics :wave

f61d5eef1f041e83af5e9092fa67e045.jpg

22f48d195f951af7195a166ff97c385b.jpg

713b640e7819263b89a6f28de98f0143.jpg

6b76ad21815adad1b48e8e7ee30b5081.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEWUPDATE' REPAINTED SSC COMIC VERSION THING PF E

Looks amazing! Great paint job my friend!

Back