Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' PRIME 1 STUDIO OPTIMUS PRIME STATUE

AMAZING acquisition my friend Andy ;)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' PRIME 1 STUDIO OPTIMUS PRIME STATUE

Congrats bud!
That is seriously the best statue ive ever seen,which is why it was really hard for me to cancel this.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' SS CAPTAIN AMERICA PF CUSTOM PRO...

b98a3f3db582b32d543c5648bdc14400.jpg

Man, you're absolutely right, in that in terms of detail...its ridiculously insane!
I'm looking at every areas, and everywhere you look, the detail is astounding! Paint looks amazing!
Prime1 is just on another level.
Grats buddy!

Don't get me wrong, but those Prime1 TF statue are purely AMAZING!!! Prime & Megatron are out of this world when looking at the sculpt, paint & détails, but unfortunately I'm not a fan of those movies.

Congrats Andy on those MUSEUM pièces, those truly deserve their grail status. They are PERFECT in every way and deserve all the praise they are getting!

Awesome Andy!!!! I hope to pick one up at some point, looks amazing. Have you managed to pair him with megatron yet or is he back in storage for now?

that's simply incredible! Wow! Congrats on that, Andy!

That is amazing and a great addition to your collection

:clap Great pics and congrats! That statue is out of control awesome. Does it seem fragile to you? It looks like it would be, but I haven't heard complaints of damage. Just wondering.

Thanks for the kind words buddy :) As you can imagine, a statue of this detail is always going to have parts of it that are very intricate and fragile such as the doors, the wing mirrors, etc...but as a whole the statue is pretty sturdy. Prime 1 also provided spare parts plus glue inside the box for which they felt might arrived damaged so that you can glue on a replacement :lol

Looks amazing Andy, I am guessing this one came in multiple boxes like Megatron?

Thanks Steve :) Yea, this one arrived in just 2 boxes (thank god!) :lol and Megatron was 3 :)

great addition andy.base looks awesome too...and yeah krull great 80's movie.

Hey Chris, thanks for the kind words :hi5: us oldies love the 80's mate! :rock

huge! massive! perfect statue!best Optimus statue, congrats Andy ^^

Thanks for the gerat comments my friend :)

Wow that really is insanely good. The detail is just crazy on this. Massive congrats buddy :)

Thanks Matt :hi5:

Thanks for the kind words buddy :) As you can imagine, a statue of this detail is always going to have parts of it that are very intricate and fragile such as the doors, the wing mirrors, etc...but as a whole the statue is pretty sturdy. Prime 1 also provided spare parts plus glue inside the box for which they felt might arrived damaged so that you can glue on a replacement :lol

Really? Wow that's a first! How realistic of them to do that. Great idea IMO to include extras and glue lol. Even better that yours showed up unscathed though. :)

Really? Wow that's a first! How realistic of them to do that. Great idea IMO to include extras and glue lol. Even better that yours showed up unscathed though. :)

Yea, its a great touch from a company on the up and up :) to show the nature of this company, i had some slight warping on my Megatron base which was causing the statue to wobble slightly...i messaged Sideshow and as expected, they were unable to help me and offered me a measly $150 credit. So i messaged Prime 1 with my issues and they were able to ship out a new base free of charge and covered my shipping cost AND covered all import charges to the UK! It really was service of the highest order. So refreshing :)

AMAZING acquisition my friend Andy ;)

Thanks my friend Adam :hi5:

Congrats bud!
That is seriously the best statue ive ever seen,which is why it was really hard for me to cancel this.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind words :) I can understand why so many cancelled their orders in the end, especially those living in Europe due to the strength of the Dollar...i really hope you can pick yours up later down the line as i'm sure it will be available for a while yet due to the high ES

Man, you're absolutely right, in that in terms of detail...its ridiculously insane!
I'm looking at every areas, and everywhere you look, the detail is astounding! Paint looks amazing!
Prime1 is just on another level.
Grats buddy!

Thanks so much Remy :hi5: agree on all of your points my friend :exactly: :)

Don't get me wrong, but those Prime1 TF statue are purely AMAZING!!! Prime & Megatron are out of this world when looking at the sculpt, paint & détails, but unfortunately I'm not a fan of those movies.

Congrats Andy on those MUSEUM pièces, those truly deserve their grail status. They are PERFECT in every way and deserve all the praise they are getting!

Hey Marc, yea i'm actually in agreement with you in that i too wasnt a big fan of the movies. I love Transformers dont get me wrong, but my love is with the G1 and in a week or two's time i'll post up some pics of my new 1/2 scale custom G1 Optimus Prime :) However, as a statue collector, i just could'nt pass up on these incredible pieces by Prime 1 and the complexity of the designs that has gone into making these iconic movie characters into statue form :)

Thanks for the kind words as ever my friend :)

Awesome Andy!!!! I hope to pick one up at some point, looks amazing. Have you managed to pair him with megatron yet or is he back in storage for now?

Hey Ben, thanks buddy :) I would love to have been able to pair them together for that killer pic but as you probably guessed, Megs is now back in storage :( with that said, so is Optimus Prime aswell! :lol :lol

Look great Andy. Congrats.

Thanks for the kind words Yoga :)

that's simply incredible! Wow! Congrats on that, Andy!

Thanks Jeremy :) I appreciate the great feedback my friend

That is amazing and a great addition to your collection

Fantastic shots as always!

Thanks so much Dave and Chris :) always a pleasure to have your thoughts :hi5:

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SIDESHOW IRON MAN MK42 MAQUETTE P...

Here are some pics guys...happy to say that Sideshow delivered a solid Iron Man piece...at last! The paint colours are fab! Movie accurate golds and red and a pretty cool action pose too. Will try to get some shots together with Iron Patriot tonight as the two go great together (would've liked similar bases like we got for the Iron Man MKVI and War Machine Maquettes) but still a great pairing.

So is the Sideshow MK42 1/4 scale Maquette the best so far out of the three releases? Of course its a matter of opinion...but for me (having owned all 3) Sideshow take it. The Iron Studios version was a disaster in regards to paint apps...ironically, the pose is still my favourite of the 3 statues but that's where the positives end. In regards to the XM piece, i had that for about a month until i realised that i could'nt live without lights on my Iron Man statues and i know your gonna say 'but how often do you turn them on?!' :lol i actually turn them on probably when i have friends over or when i want to geek out to myself :yess: it just brings the statue to life....something extra if you like which brings out the viewing pleasure. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but had the XM MK42 had lights then there's a strong possibility that it would still be with me :(

Sideshow's MK42 has nailed the colours...whilst the gold on the XM version was more metallic looking, Sideshow's isnt too bad but no way as good as XM's, which is probably the best painted Iron Man piece i've seen to date. However, Sideshow offer a cool action pose and a fairly decent base. I actually thought the weathering on the scaffolding was pretty amateur to be honest....like a quick 15 second touch up with a paint brush :( and the rocks, whilst sculpted well, are painted a little bland...could so with more detail i think.

Again, i wont get into which RDJ head is better cos everyone's opinions are different...i can only speak for myself and say that the XM RDJ portrait would be more suited more for a classic Tony Stark look. Sideshows RDJ portrait isn't on par with say Hot Toys (who have the best likeness to Downey Jnr period) but it certainly looks more like RDJ than XM's version.

Here's some pics :)

a61d171b3b417d93e031392c49836a78.jpg

5c4d82e6a04eb417769fba98bbddc665.jpg

cef5ec3bc767497a375431fd535caa35.jpg

f5a8927a7c757948a496efdc81bf9e10.jpg

1385a58a59670da8a47cabdde8a45924.jpg

8e5e706d3fe2a278577ff15c7565a6fd.jpg

So to briefly summarise, here's how i scored the 3 Iron Man MK42 1/4 scale statues currently on the market:

Iron Studios 6/10

db09125c8662b97e93e47e61b84c3a59.jpg

*Great pose and bonus .5 for light features otherwise i would have given it a 5.5/10. Sadly let down by poor paint application :(

XM Studios 7/10

7d9ac37c695cd6fe05850354e3821965.jpg

*Solid statue with unbelievable paint apps and a great use of alternate switch out parts. Sadly missing any light features and a Pepper Potts portrait which i never removed from the box :(

Sideshow 7.5/10

290a48633a037b2813fd49d63700c993.jpg

*Movie accurate suit colours, action pose, reasonable RDJ portrait and superb light features. Sadly there are still some sloppy black lines here and there and the base is actually mega light in weight which i hate to see :(

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SIDESHOW IRON MAN MK42 MAQUETTE PG734

Very great acquisition my friend Andy!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SIDESHOW IRON MAN MK42 MAQUETTE PG734

great pose on the XM andy.but yeah overall the SS is the better.looks great lit up buddy.

I have heard some bad things about this, like you said the sloppy black lines here and there and some say that the color isn't metallic but matt or dull. Nevertheless, I look at your pics and think it looks amazing and I think people that think this sucks are just nit picking. Well done on getting such a great purchase. :clap

BTW how come you didn't post a pic of the RDJ portrait?

Those MK42 statues are really nice!

He looks great with the base lights. Congrats!

I really like this piece. My fave of the bunch. Pose looks decent and looks ace lit up :)

Back