Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SIDESHOW IRON PATRIOT LIFESIZE BUST P

Big congrats my friend Andy ;)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' SIDESHOW IRON PATRIOT LIFESIZE BUST

Okay so the Iron Patriot Lifesize Bust arrived last week from Sideshow Collectibles but unfortunately upon unpacking this huge beast of a bust, my excitement had swiftly changed to disappointment in a matter of minutes :(

There's no denying that this this IP bust is an awesome sculpt...its pretty much having the real guy at home in your living room and once you've attached the shoulder cannon, you begin to feel its presence and realise just how massive this collectible is! However, that is where the fascination ends because the paint apps are really poor, dull, matte, flat...it just doesn't stand out or pop like its supposed to. Whilst I realise that IP wasn't incredibly shiny looking in the movie, the paint apps that have been applied make it look more navy dark blue - which is far too dark!

Infact, as you move your eyes around the bust and concentrate on the back, you notice that the paints gradually become more faded (almost as if the factory had concentrated less on making an impression on the back because its part of the bust that wont be seen when on display). Add to the mix that there are a number of scratches and air bubbles around the bust aswell as a dent on the actual faceplate :slap you can begin to understand the frustration when you consider that this bust has costs just $999.99 :horror

It just simply wont do! Now, Iron Man is my pleasure and I'd be willing to overlook small issues such as a few marks and scratches (which are more than often part and parcel when it comes to the larger collectibles such as half scales or lifesize busts) but even I cant tolerate this piece and especially not one which comes with such a hefty price tag at the end of it :( I was really expecting more I must admit but I'm left feeling totally underwhelmed...at least with the MKVII bust it actually grew on me after a few days of having it in my collection despite initially feeling a little underwhelmed due to the lack of any metallic effects on the faceplate but i've now had IP with me for nearly a week and I just don't feel any love for it at all :(

In my opinion, War Machine totally annihilates this IP bust in every way! Infact, I can say the same about the MKIII bust vs the MKVII bust too. It seems that these latest releases by Sideshow from their Iron Man Lifesize Bust line seem to have completely flopped compared to their other earlier releases of 4-5 years ago...so how can that be? :dunno and what's even more ironic is that the price of these new releases have just gotten higher and higher! This IP bust in my eyes is definitely not worth the $1K pricetag....at best I'd have probably kept it or at least got a replacement (due to all the flaws it has) if the price was more around the $400-500 mark...but $1K!!! :horror No way! So Sideshow have already been contacted and received my email requesting a full refund so just waiting for them to get back to me due to their backlog of complaints from their Captain America and Alien Big Chap releases :(

Anyway, here are my pics...bare in mind that the bust actually looks worse inhand than it does in the pictures :lol :lol

36e45ec3cffdb0003f9e127c07d4fd81.jpg

f779d349077a18c28f95d4ead0395caf.jpg

1c0215c5210f32cc00c33986b26352d4.jpg

673c46bb53721aec324da1880b6434da.jpg

1b839c1f883b84e97b35b35d8ed82bfb.jpg

holy crap bubbles?? wow ur right it does have a matt finish but i dont have any bubbles on it, you should send this back and refund or replacement, im actually liking the piece

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SIDESHOW IRON PATRIOT LIFESIZE BUST P

Sorry to hear about this bro. Problem is we Internationals get the short end of the stick. What Sideshow don't realize is we still take a hit on import fees. Personally I try to overlook small stuff here and there but sometimes it just won't do. Unfortunately that looks like the case here. Let us know on how it goes.

I am pretty sure they realize but they just don't care, I mean they have European distributors so I am pretty sure they would know by now that customers that they send stuff to will have to pay VAT fees etc.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' SIDESHOW IRON PATRIOT LIFESIZE BUST

Thanks Sean :hi5: surprised you haven't ordered this one yet buddy :dunno

This piece is great but I have the XM Cap and the Ultimate Cap custom on the way, just started in Feb this year and with all the PO's I have now and stuff I already own, I have close to 25 PFs and just updated my list of must have characters for X-Men and Spidey and that comes to 25 alone! LOL (50+ total :horror) For me it is all about X-Men/Spidey, will cancel a whole lot to get those two lines (had to cancel my the PCS He-Man line too :( too many XM PO's). Got a sickness buddy :wink1:

Sorry to hear about your IP bust bro, that sucks especially since you are the biggest IM fan I know. Good call on sending it back, for that price, you can get 2.5 PFs :yess: Unfortunately, SS is not what it is anymore. The new Boba Fett reg PF is open ES, not sure why they would do that unless they want to deter the secondary markets down the road. Oh well, more money to PO XM and customs.

Sorry to hear about your IP Andy, the Iron Man curse shows no sign of letting up on Sideshow's part of late.

Full refund sounds like the best decision, that's the only way this company is gonna learn that us collector's aren't gonna put up with substandard over priced products.

Damn, buddy...sucks about the IP, but at least you got a good Cap.

I've cancelled 4 or 5 SS orders in the last few months. Saving money for an ultra secret project...

Sory to hear about this. Maybe you can use the fund for upcoming bee.

:lol Its okay Yoga...when its a piece that leaves me underwhelmed then I don't mind losing out :( I think if it was Iron Man as opposed to Iron Patriot then I might have been a bit more disappointed :( As for Bee, yep, that baby is getting pre ordered on day 1!!!! :yess:

I think that is the first time I have ever head someone say a statue looks worse in hand than in the pics!

so sorry to hear about yet another iron man product from SS fail.

I have war machine and was hoping to pair him up with a new iron man bust, but I may just try and find the first one (assuming the paint isn't cracking!).

:lol trust me Sanj, the lights I put underneath the bust that you see in the pics, make the paint apps look reasonable...in real life they are extremely flat and dull looking not to mention the scratches and dent on the faceplate :horror

Man, I'm sorry to hear that bud. I agree your pics do look pretty good but that probably is because of your expert lighting and photo skills! I have seen other people's IP pics and the paint doesn't look metallic to me at all. That plus you had tons of QC issues. I've seen this for a while now and I have stopped buying SSC Ironman pieces altogether. I hope the IP PF is better but I think it will be even worse than the busts to be honest. Still, ur collection is awesome and you still have XM IM pieces coming in:rock:rock:rock

Hey Satosh, thanks for the kind words buddy and I'm still hopeful for the IP 1/4 Maquette :) :pray:

Well the simple reason is they want to make a huge profit by producing a product that is cheaply made and painted by underpaid Chinese workers who don't give a **** about painting it good. All Sideshow cares about is making profits pure and simple, and they know there are always people out there that will buy their stuff no matter how bad it looks.

:goodpost: your right Steve but on this occasion I just felt that despite the flaws mine has, it still wasn't worth getting a replacement because the dull paint apps would still be there and the price tag on this bad boy is totally mispriced in my opinion. I'd pay no more than say $400-450 for this bust...so for me there was no debating as to what to do...it was an instant decision :)

Looks ok in the pics but im sure it has its flaws. Such a shame. They really have let the qc go out the window of late. Id never personally order direct and wait for inhand pics and european stock. Just not worth the dramas.

Im sure I read somewhere that you might be able to claim the customs fees back through the tax and revenue ? might be worth a shot.

Thanks Matt :) yea, I actually like to order direct because of the bad QC :lol that way if it arrive damaged or faulty then Sideshow will replace it for me pretty much straight away...that option is pretty limited when ordering locally :( in regards to claiming back the customs charge, yes it's a pain in the neck and a long winded procedure but I did it last month and was pretty straight forward :)

Sorry to hear about this bro. Problem is we Internationals get the short end of the stick. What Sideshow don't realize is we still take a hit on import fees. Personally I try to overlook small stuff here and there but sometimes it just won't do. Unfortunately that looks like the case here. Let us know on how it goes.

Trust me Nabil, if it was the odd scuff then fair enough but this has some god awful paint apps on it for $999.99 collectible and then when you compare it to something of a similar cost such as the ECC busts then the is no comparison :(

That CA PF looks awesome

Thanks Dave :hi5:

Huge thing Andy! But very nice :love

Thanks Brian :) glad you like it bro :duff

Big congrats my friend Andy ;)

Thanks Adam :hi5:

holy crap bubbles?? wow ur right it does have a matt finish but i dont have any bubbles on it, you should send this back and refund or replacement, im actually liking the piece

Congrats in your piece brother :hi5: I just can't accept it's condition for the asking price :( I usually stick up for Sideshow in most cases but this piece is seriously 100% overpriced in my opinion??? It's no better than say the MKVII LIFESIZE bust which was cheaper and every that one was overpriced too :slap

I am pretty sure they realize but they just don't care, I mean they have European distributors so I am pretty sure they would know by now that customers that they send stuff to will have to pay VAT fees etc.

I don't think things like that are taken into consideration Steve....at least if doesn't feel like it :( just recieved my confirmation email from Sideshow to smash this bust up for a full refund!! It's hammer time!!! :rock

just recieved my confirmation email from Sideshow to smash this bust up for a full refund!! It's hammer time!!! :rock

Just goes to show what a massive mark up there is on Sideshow's items. I can't think of many companies where they'd have you smash up a $1000 piece rather than return it.

I have a big new addition to the collection incoming Monday Andy, to say i'm super excited is an understatement.

Just goes to show what a massive mark up there is on Sideshow's items. I can't think of many companies where they'd have you smash up a $1000 piece rather than return it.

I have a big new addition to the collection incoming Monday Andy, to say i'm super excited is an understatement.

Exactly Simon :goodpost: probably costs about $100 to put together :lol

Your new piece sounds intriguing....can you give me a clue? ;)

How about 1/2 a clue. :wink1:

It's not the MKVII LSF is it Simon? I'm pretty sure it was you that was thinking of getting one? But then again my Soidey senses tell me that it could be the MKIII?! :horror

This piece is great but I have the XM Cap and the Ultimate Cap custom on the way, just started in Feb this year and with all the PO's I have now and stuff I already own, I have close to 25 PFs and just updated my list of must have characters for X-Men and Spidey and that comes to 25 alone! LOL (50+ total :horror) For me it is all about X-Men/Spidey, will cancel a whole lot to get those two lines (had to cancel my the PCS He-Man line too :( too many XM PO's). Got a sickness buddy :wink1:

Sorry to hear about your IP bust bro, that sucks especially since you are the biggest IM fan I know. Good call on sending it back, for that price, you can get 2.5 PFs :yess: Unfortunately, SS is not what it is anymore. The new Boba Fett reg PF is open ES, not sure why they would do that unless they want to deter the secondary markets down the road. Oh well, more money to PO XM and customs.

Hey Sean, thanks for your feedback buddy :) finally getting around to answering the last few posts now so I'm sorry its come so late bro :( You need to sort that display thread out man :) Sounds like you've got some killer pieces coming your way aswell as the ones you've already got and we need to see your pics :yess:

As for the IP, its all good buddy :) I don't feel too cut up about it. Fact of the matter is that no replacement would have looked better in my opinion as the paint apps were really flat and not what you expect on a $1K piece :huh I may be an Iron Man fan but there's no way I'm accepting something in that condition, and that's coming from someone who has all the IM busts so far...so you can imagine how poorly this piece was :(

Sorry to hear about your IP Andy, the Iron Man curse shows no sign of letting up on Sideshow's part of late.
Full refund sounds like the best decision, that's the only way this company is gonna learn that us collector's aren't gonna put up with substandard over priced products.

Thanks Simon, yea...as I was saying in the above post, there's no way I'm gonna accept a $1K piece which was painted so poorly. As you know, I've had to smash the bust up to get my refund back which I did yesterday...wasn't a pretty sight! :(

Damn, buddy...sucks about the IP, but at least you got a good Cap.

I've cancelled 4 or 5 SS orders in the last few months. Saving money for an ultra secret project...

hey Kris, great to hear from you buddy :) Sorry about the late reply...just so much going on at the moment...I mean, last week was crazy as I received about 4 statues and 3 lots of custom pieces for various PF's of mine (which i'll be posting shortly) ;) so I've got lots of updates still to come :)

Yea, really happy with Captain America buddy :) only the heat shield prevented it from being a 10/10 due to the cruddy heater shield...but I've now fixed that and had mine repainted :yess: just waiting for it to come in and i'll get some pics up shortly :)

P.S. Keen to hear more about this ULTRA secret project!!!! :horror

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW SPIDERMAN COMIQU

Can't wait to see.those customs Andy :) ready for Skeletor today or what?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Hey Sean, thanks for your feedback buddy :) finally getting around to answering the last few posts now so I'm sorry its come so late bro :( You need to sort that display thread out man :) Sounds like you've got some killer pieces coming your way aswell as the ones you've already got and we need to see your pics :yess:

As for the IP, its all good buddy :) I don't feel too cut up about it. Fact of the matter is that no replacement would have looked better in my opinion as the paint apps were really flat and not what you expect on a $1K piece :huh I may be an Iron Man fan but there's no way I'm accepting something in that condition, and that's coming from someone who has all the IM busts so far...so you can imagine how poorly this piece was :(

No worries bro, we all live busy lives :) I do hope to get a collection thread going someday :D

Totally agree on not accepting the IP bust, not worth settling. Yes, you have a good amount of stellar IM busts to compare to :hi5: Any idea of what you plan on spending the refund money on?

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW SPIDERMAN CO...

Can't wait to see.those customs Andy :) ready for Skeletor today or what?

Thanks bro :hi5: Yep, Skeletor all ordered buddy so now the long wait starts until October 2015 - hopefully we'll see the full reveal of the mixed media He-Man by then :pray:

Totally agree on not accepting the IP bust, not worth settling. Yes, you have a good amount of stellar IM busts to compare to :hi5: Any idea of what you plan on spending the refund money on?

Good question Sean :) hmmmm...well I still want to get my half scale Endoskeleton from Sideshow but just waiting to see some inhand pics of their version since taking over the mantle from HCG. So I could put it towards that :dunno plus there are lots of custom projects I'm currently working on so I may use the funds to support some of those...I'm especially looking forward to working on my new Optimus Prime custom piece as I've been given carte blanche to choose my own personal colour scheme to get him how I want him to look ;)

0ee18a0dd7e561604f7ff519e67ecf76.jpg

272fa683bb52ae714d58fbee71676c99.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW SPIDERMAN CO...

Thanks bro :hi5: Yep, Skeletor all ordered buddy so now the long wait starts until October 2015 - hopefully we'll see the full reveal of the mixed media He-Man by then :pray:

0ee18a0dd7e561604f7ff519e67ecf76.jpg

272fa683bb52ae714d58fbee71676c99.jpg

Bro so glad we got him locked in. There's 10 left of the Ex so I see him being sold out today which is a good sign and like 20 times better than HeMans sales. Mixed Media HeMan should be revealed in early January as per Jerry and got up for PO soon after that.
And since we were talking about the HT Prime Ex the other day I brought you some pics courtesy of Momaw.

This guy looks amazing. Forgot how amazing he was in fact

a78671feb4cee6f602641d349825520c.jpg
19960e9016b3b0029ebc5c232ce2c929.jpg
bf67edcec4aeed6981c9755855f27bb2.jpg
b96197a80b1ca1dc826507b10c9a66cd.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' CUSTOMISED SIDESHOW SPIDERMAN CO...

Bro so glad we got him locked in. There's 10 left of the Ex so I see him being sold out today which is a good sign and like 20 times better than HeMans sales. Mixed Media HeMan should be revealed in early January as per Jerry and got up for PO soon after that.
And since we were talking about the HT Prime Ex the other day I brought you some pics courtesy of Momaw.

This guy looks amazing. Forgot how amazing he was in fact

a78671feb4cee6f602641d349825520c.jpg
19960e9016b3b0029ebc5c232ce2c929.jpg
bf67edcec4aeed6981c9755855f27bb2.jpg
b96197a80b1ca1dc826507b10c9a66cd.jpg

Great post bro :clap Yea, those pics are very cool indeed :) What I'd really like to see is Hot Toys or Jerry even, tackle not only the Transformers in their robot mode but also in their vehicle mode too :rock So for example, for Optimus Prime you'd get the fully transformed statue and then another statue of him in truck mode to display alongside each other!!!! :horror

Great post bro :clap Yea, those pics are very cool indeed :) What I'd really like to see is Hot Toys or Jerry even, tackle not only the Transformers in their robot mode but also in their vehicle mode too :rock So for example, for Optimus Prime you'd get the fully transformed statue and then another statue of him in truck mode to display alongside each other!!!! :horror
Thanks bro :) :hi5:

OR....HT could make a fully transforming, fully posable figure :) I'd spend $500-700 on that easy :)

Lol that aside, I like your idea too, but it's starting to get expensive. Unless PCS does it like the Exclusive and we could pay maybe like a difference in cost. Either way man I think we're a little too long overdue for something like what you just described.
So Andy can you please tell us or give us a hint as to what your next custom, or reveal project may be keep us fans in the know

Back