Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SSC CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLUSIVE

I would kill for that Phoenix, Hulk and Optimus I tell you :lecture

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SSC CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLUSIVE

I would kill for that Phoenix, Hulk and Optimus I tell you :lecture
I'm most excited for the Phoenix and Balrog right now :) I'm excited for everything but you know...

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SSC CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLU...

tumblr_msl6wbE50N1stv8tqo1_400.gif

Looks amazing bro, really takes it to the next three levels or so :horror

Hey Andre, sorry for the late reply bro :( been hectic this week with the arrivals of the new Captain America PF and Iron Patriot lifesize bust :thud: Infact, I still haven't opened IP yet as last night I barely had time to open Captain America but boy did that come out really good!!! As you know yourself buddy, Sideshow most certainly knocked that one out the park!!! :exactly: and its true what they say sometimes in that when Sideshow get it right, they really do produce some fantastic pieces! Unfortunately of late, that hasn't been happening very often :(

Everything looks fantastic!! Great collection! Always a pleasure seeing what you are working on!

Thanks so much for your kind words my friend :) Always appreciated and great to have your support :hi5:

Dude I know what you mean, you have some crazy **** coming and I'm pretty sure you have more than a few on PO too lol

:lol :lol and its all coming to a head now bro :gah: Captain America PF and Iron Patriot lifesize bust arrived last night and barely did I get to open the Captain America box did I get another processing email from Sideshow to tell me that the Prime 1 Megatron will be shipping on the 17th December!!! :horror

fa011448281b77a9969647f11817d454.jpg

looks like he'll be arriving just in time to put under the Christmas tree :yess: :lol

Fantastic!!! ... And expensive :lol

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SSC CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLU...

Hey Andre, sorry for the late reply bro :( been hectic this week with the arrivals of the new Captain America PF and Iron Patriot lifesize bust :thud: Infact, I still haven't opened IP yet as last night I barely had time to open Captain America but boy did that come out really good!!! As you know yourself buddy, Sideshow most certainly knocked that one out the park!!! :exactly: and its true what they say sometimes in that when Sideshow get it right, they really do produce some fantastic pieces! Unfortunately of late, that hasn't been happening very often :(

Thanks so much for your kind words my friend :) Always appreciated and great to have your support :hi5:

:lol :lol and its all coming to a head now bro :gah: Captain America PF and Iron Patriot lifesize bust arrived last night and barely did I get to open the Captain America box did I get another processing email from Sideshow to tell me that the Prime 1 Megatron will be shipping on the 17th December!!! :horror

fa011448281b77a9969647f11817d454.jpg

looks like he'll be arriving just in time to put under the Christmas tree :yess: :lol
Wow merry Christmas to you :)
Man I'm waiting for two special ladies to drop in early to mid next month!

And more like he could BE your Christmas tree

Oh my GOD!!! I just realised there was a Megatron Statue in that Pic Andy!!!! You are the master of illusion Sir. I shall call you Dynamo from now on :lecture

Yeah Cap turned out as I had always hoped, so I'm really excited to have him in my collection. Just that god awful shield decal annoys me. I've already placed it in permanent lockdown in the box and I still need to write to SS about my dissapointment at that shortcut.

Fantastic!!! ... And expensive :lol

:lol and don't I know it bro! :slap :thud: (but you only live once....unless your Bond of course in which case you only live twice!!! :lol :lol

Wow merry Christmas to you :)
Man I'm waiting for two special ladies to drop in early to mid next month!

And more like he could BE your Christmas tree

two special ladies?!!!?? :horror You don't know those 2 girls in that pic do you bro? :dunno DAMN!!! I like your style!! :rock :rock :lol :lol

I know which ladies you mean ;) and I have to say bro, they are two very special ladies indeed! Had the opportunity of ordering Phoenix yesterday myself but just couldn't do it :(

Oh my GOD!!! I just realised there was a Megatron Statue in that Pic Andy!!!! You are the master of illusion Sir. I shall call you Dynamo from now on :lecture

Yeah Cap turned out as I had always hoped, so I'm really excited to have him in my collection. Just that god awful shield decal annoys me. I've already placed it in permanent lockdown in the box and I still need to write to SS about my dissapointment at that shortcut.

:lol :lol Yea, according to Jedi's post above, has both of those girls arriving to his house mid next month! :horror :lol :lol Gonna post some pics of my Cap later today Andre so stay tuned :) Totally agree with the disappointment of the Heat Shield :( That decal is so noticeable and really shows how lazy Sideshow have become when you compare it to their last comic Captain America PF which had both shields painted!

Well I'm sticking two fingers up at that and having the heat shield repainted! No way I'm paying all that money to just leave a shield (that I'd actually like to use) in the box to rot....

Other than that, its an amazing piece which I'm so glad to have ordered. Congrats to you too bro :clap

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLUSIVE

Well I'm sure you've seen all the pics of him by now but here is my new arrival...the NEW Comic Captain America Premium Format Exclusive by Sideshow Collectibles :)

b9d233debc03676cada153021ebe3bbb.jpg

5bd25fe0f100e0ae2591e831ce738fed.jpg

So what are my thoughts on this? Well, to put it short and sweet, if your on the fence about ordering it cos you either have the existing Sideshow Comic Cap PF or your just in a few doubts over all the QC issues regarding various aspects of this piece...then I say...ORDER IT!!! :rock Its undoubtedly one of the PF's of the year so far along with the Superman PF and the Comic Hellboy PF.

Now yes, there are QC issues...none more so than the Exclusive interchangeable Rifle hand, which we've seen a vast amount of them arriving with the hand snapped off it :( Not great at all!!! I have to say that mine also came with a few tiny flaws in regards to sloppy paint apps here and there but this is what I'd call extremely insignificant issues that I can live with and wont bother wasting Sideshows time as they'll have their work cut out trying to sort out replacements for those broken rifles! :slap On a whole though, it really is an impressively painted headsculpt...one of the best I've seen in a while it has to be said. I have the original Comic Captain America PF and I'd easily put this new Allied Charge Cap portrait ahead of the original in terms of detail and paint apps...probably even ahead of the XM Cap too.

This piece is just so detailed from the portrait all the way down to his mixed media uniform and his weathered boots! Infact, so realistic is his look, that I'd be happy to display him alongside any of my Avengers movie characters despite him being based on the comics :lecture

So we've talked about the portrait, what about the uniform? Well, one of the first things to attract me to this piece when it got announced was the weathering of his uniform :love and upon inspection of his arrival yesterday, I wasn't disappointed! Its actually weathered really well including some impressive detail on the pants and boots. HOWEVER, yes...as others have pointed out already, the white parts of his arms are extremely clean compared to the rest of him so that kinda' looks out of sync a bit but its certainly not a deal breaker in my eyes.

The Base is pretty small but again highly detailed which certainly makes up for the size. No additional Sideshow black base added to this rocky diorama which was nice to see :) Usually Sideshow like to add an additional base to the actual base :lol like the Superman Reeve PF or the Batman Keaton PF :slap so this Cap base definitely delivers 100%

The accessories you receive with this PF are his utility belt comprising of a spade, a dagger/sword and a handgun....which I believe are all removable also. The belts is actually done really well in my opinion albeit you might have a little struggle trying to get it on! :lol :lol You also receive 3 lots of interchangeable right hands:

1) clenched fist
2) two finger gesture
3) the rifle (which is the Exclusive)

all hands work really well although I definitely feel the Exclusive hand definitely brings out the best of the pose in my opinion.

Finally, you get the 2 shields...you get the customary circle shield which is hand painted. Its nicely done, I think Sideshow still need to learn the arts of mastering how to paint accurate battle damaged effects on parts of statues cos they're brushstrokes do tend to get wild sometimes (as we saw on their Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust) :lol but on a whole it works well with the pose and is my personal favourite shield out of the two....and that is because the second (Heat) shield is an absolute disgrace!!!! :gah: Why Sideshow would resort to applying a decal to a shield thinking it would make it look good is a bloody joke! It looks hedious plain and simple! I've actually tried to accept it!!! :lol I've put in on the PF and tried to convince myself that its not a decal but I cant! It looks cheap, it totally ruins the whole outlook of the PF and just doesn't belong with this beautiful statue! Its just lazy work in my eyes...how you can paint one shield and not the other is beyond me :dunno now I'm starting to feel grateful that they actually painted one of them cos imagine the uproar if they had used decals for both!!!! :horror :horror

Anyway, I'm not content with just leaving the shield in the box to forget about...I paid good money to have all the accessories at my disposal and I love having the opportunity to alternate between different accessories so i'll definitely be getting mine painted! I was gonna say repainted but then realised it wasn't painted in the first place :lol :lol

So that's it...to summarise, its another fantastic piece by Sideshow (albeit they are still cutting corners in my opinion) and I just hope they can stick to this sort of standard with upcoming PF's such as Reeves Superman, Keaton Batman, Wonder Woman, etc...

Thanks for looking and here are a few more pics :) :wave

3908ef33f6f2973e4ed82315f1a5c7cf.jpg

46f103f3a2b4b06f9065b250483f8777.jpg

b6c988e955bc5e2975f95dbf6aad1b53.jpg

d24345e892cf0312a02e02fd9c038bc5.jpg

e6f0144fe3706c465543bc8df3fe6dca.jpg

Look away!!! It's the ghastly Heat Shield with the decal print!!! :gah:

4b10bad19d0541952acfc53e1cc3e9e1.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add these ones I took of the unpackaging ;)

0d1430b06195bc98f378e66c69df0e04.jpg

7234a25ec3301ef64f9dfb31e3553612.jpg

b86350d3a9333feb8ba65d996b8cd184.jpg

5c74543893a6cbfe691a06e3f254b0fa.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLUSIVE

Well I'm sure you've seen all the pics of him by now but here is my new arrival...the NEW Comic Captain America Premium Format Exclusive by Sideshow Collectibles :)

So what are my thoughts on this? Well, to put it short and sweet, if your on the fence about ordering it cos you either have the existing Sideshow Comic Cap PF or your just in a few doubts over all the QC issues regarding various aspects of this piece...then I say...ORDER IT!!! :rock Its undoubtedly one of the PF's of the year so far along with the Superman PF and the Comic Hellboy PF.

Now yes, there are QC issues...none more so than the Exclusive interchangeable Rifle hand, which we've seen a vast amount of them arriving with the hand snapped off it :( Not great at all!!! I have to say that mine also came with a few tiny flaws in regards to sloppy paint apps here and there but this is what I'd call extremely insignificant issues that I can live with and wont bother wasting Sideshows time as they'll have their work cut out trying to sort out replacements for those broken rifles! :slap On a whole though, it really is an impressively painted headsculpt...one of the best I've seen in a while it has to be said. I have the original Comic Captain America PF and I'd easily put this new Allied Charge Cap portrait ahead of the original in terms of detail and paint apps...probably even ahead of the XM Cap too.

This piece is just so detailed from the portrait all the way down to his mixed media uniform and his weathered boots! Infact, so realistic is his look, that I'd be happy to display him alongside any of my Avengers movie characters despite him being based on the comics :lecture

So we've talked about the portrait, what about the uniform? Well, one of the first things to attract me to this piece when it got announced was the weathering of his uniform :love and upon inspection of his arrival yesterday, I wasn't disappointed! Its actually weathered really well including some impressive detail on the pants and boots. HOWEVER, yes...as others have pointed out already, the white parts of his arms are extremely clean compared to the rest of him so that kinda' looks out of sync a bit but its certainly not a deal breaker in my eyes.

The Base is pretty small but again highly detailed which certainly makes up for the size. No additional Sideshow black base added to this rocky diorama which was nice to see :) Usually Sideshow like to add an additional base to the actual base :lol like the Superman Reeve PF or the Batman Keaton PF :slap so this Cap base definitely delivers 100%

The accessories you receive with this PF are his utility belt comprising of a spade, a dagger/sword and a handgun....which I believe are all removable also. The belts is actually done really well in my opinion albeit you might have a little struggle trying to get it on! :lol :lol You also receive 3 lots of interchangeable right hands:

1) clenched fist
2) two finger gesture
3) the rifle (which is the Exclusive)

all hands work really well although I definitely feel the Exclusive hand definitely brings out the best of the pose in my opinion.

Finally, you get the 2 shields...you get the customary circle shield which is hand painted. Its nicely done, I think Sideshow still need to learn the arts of mastering how to paint accurate battle damaged effects on parts of statues cos they're brushstrokes do tend to get wild sometimes (as we saw on their Iron Man MKVI Legendary Scale Bust) :lol but on a whole it works well with the pose and is my personal favourite shield out of the two....and that is because the second (Heat) shield is an absolute disgrace!!!! :gah: Why Sideshow would resort to applying a decal to a shield thinking it would make it look good is a bloody joke! It looks hedious plain and simple! I've actually tried to accept it!!! :lol I've put in on the PF and tried to convince myself that its not a decal but I cant! It looks cheap, it totally ruins the whole outlook of the PF and just doesn't belong with this beautiful statue! Its just lazy work in my eyes...how you can paint one shield and not the other is beyond me :dunno now I'm starting to feel grateful that they actually painted one of them cos imagine the uproar if they had used decals for both!!!! :horror :horror

Anyway, I'm not content with just leaving the shield in the box to forget about...I paid good money to have all the accessories at my disposal and I love having the opportunity to alternate between different accessories so i'll definitely be getting mine painted! I was gonna say repainted but then realised it wasn't painted in the first place :lol :lol

So that's it...to summarise, its another fantastic piece by Sideshow (albeit they are still cutting corners in my opinion) and I just hope they can stick to this sort of standard with upcoming PF's such as Reeves Superman, Keaton Batman, Wonder Woman, etc...

Thanks for looking and here are a few more pics :) :wave

Congrats Andy, so by the looks of the things the top half is sculpted and the bottom part has fabric pants and belt. Am I right?

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLUSIVE

Congrats Andy, so by the looks of the things the top half is sculpted and the bottom part has fabric pants and belt. Am I right?

Thanks Steve :hi5: That's correct buddy but the red and white stripes around the waist and the white arms are also fabric :)

Thanks for this review buddy. Personally was on the fence after hearing all the Horror stories but now feel more confident. Great addition buddy. Congrats :)

BIG congrats my friend Andy ;)

Congrats on this AMAZING Caps AndY!!!

Wow :horror epic post as usual Carlos :) thanks so much buddy :hi5: glad your liking the updates as I've got plenty more a coming! ;) Of course, as you know I've got the new Captain America PF supposedly arriving today and of course my eagerly awaited Iron Patriot Lifesize bust is also arriving this week plus loads more custom pieces arriving this week for my Deadpool and Punisher PF's :yess: so stay tuned my friend :)
Can't wait to see your IP pics! :panic: and those Spazzy custom pieces! :horror

Glad to hear you like the feedback, it's a pleasure to see these sick and awesome pieces! :rock:rock:rock
Sooooo Jedi, got much on pre-order???? :monkey3
:lol:lol:lol

Look away!!! It's the ghastly Heat Shield with the decal print!!! :gah:

4b10bad19d0541952acfc53e1cc3e9e1.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add these ones I took of the unpackaging ;)

0d1430b06195bc98f378e66c69df0e04.jpg

7234a25ec3301ef64f9dfb31e3553612.jpg

b86350d3a9333feb8ba65d996b8cd184.jpg

5c74543893a6cbfe691a06e3f254b0fa.jpg
:horror:horror:horror

I certainly can't wait to eventually get this. He definitely is a great piece, and I couldn't agree more about the kite shield, it's such as shame to have to happen, and I now need to see how the Modern Cap shields will be.

I definitely laughed about the repaint thing :lol, I will be getting it painted as well, or figure something out, because it does cheapen the statue a lot. Hopefully we get to see a custom shield soon, ehh? :wink1::lol

I love the pics though, brother! :rock He looks stellar, and I can say that he certainly surpasses any Cap I've seen, and is what makes me want to go with this opposed to Modern Cap, but 2 Caps can never hurt :lol (You see what you've done, Andy? :gah::lol)

Can't wait to see Iron Patriot pics, and more! :clap

Nice! The cap looks great! Love all the. Switch out parts. It's awesome too bad I just don't have enough space or money for as much toys as I wanted the pass year. But if I did I would love to own this. Congrats on your awesome growing collection!

Just saw those updated capes and wow the batman cape looks way better than I expected! The superman I like but I prefer it to bend flowing in the air like the bats. Very nice!

Looks fantastic, Andy! If I had this I'd probably go with his Golden Age shield and his Tommy Gun, for an impeccable 40's look!

Andy, you're among the few people I blame for my slowly getting into PFs, replicas and 1:1 busts! :lol

Can I say it's a pleasure looking and reading through your thread at some of theses amazing pieces I could not afford or have the room to display. Keep those pieces coming.

Congrats on the Cap. It looks amazing and I agree with the heater shield. Get it repainted. I just received mine a few days ago and excited to display it already.

Back