Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW LOOK SIDESHOW BATMAN PREMIUM...

Hey all, really excited about this update as it's based on one of my favourite themes in collecting and that is 80's cartoons and once again its G1 Transformers :rock So you all know that I currently have the 2 very large statues of Optimus Prime and Megatron...

5526e2eff9c9547c7ac8dbf65387d440.jpg

8c5b8bd4b1d2d6c502de31e20cf95a0f.jpg

Standing a whopping 50.5" tall, this new Prime is over 8" taller than my original Prime statue :horror Pre Orders are now underway for this beast so by all means if anyone is interested or wanting more details then feel free to shoot me a PM. All going well, this statue will be shipping in the first QTR of 2015 (approx. February) :)

Thanks for looking guys :wave
Andy first off, you got one killer piece right there! It definitely looks great! :hi5:

As for the new one, man that would be one hell of a piece to own :thud:

I don't know much about Transformers, but I'm glad because that piece would push me over the edge :lol

Awesome catch, can't wait to see IHP! :rock:rock

Finally got to take some pics of my completed Batman Premium Format Cape Modification :) As you know from a few weeks back, Daniel Paulin from the Statue Forum, kindly made me one of his fantastic custom leather capes as an alternate display option for my PF and after adding some wire and a few hours worth of futzing :lol I finally got the look I was hoping for :)
8f7bf92407859d10aa314980dc724a72.jpg

def0c775189c3b900ea6d3f80f1ad394.jpg

c1545f1ff3b0749df6408b138f1abdb8.jpg

As you can see, this new cape mod completely transforms the overall look of the statue in my opinion and I'm just loving how smoothly the cape blends in with the pose. After posting the pics on facebook last night I was really overwhelmed by the feedback as most of them were actually in favour of this mod rather than the original Sideshow sculpted cape which was really pleasing to hear. Only trouble now is that I like it so much, I know it's gonna be difficult to go back to the original sculpted cape now :lol

Other factors which also puts this mixed media cape in favour of the Sideshow one is that fact that it relieves the statue of so much weight so that any leaning issues would become a thing of the past...I know from when placing the Sideshow cape onto the statue that a certain amount of stress was being applied to one particular direction....and that was forward! :horror I'm not saying mine was about to topple over but then again, I've never displayed my Bats PF for more than say a week in total so I'm unsure as to what the consequences would've been if I had displayed it for a long period? :dunno

Anyway, hope you like the new look and thanks as ever for looking :) I've also got the custom mixed media cape for the Sideshow Comic Superman PF so i'll be working on that one next ;)

e49ccf28f8a36353b1316af3a9a91bd0.jpg
:horror:horror:horror

That is one sexy ass cape! :rock:rock

It looks fantastic, easily adds more to the piece! I love the positioning, and I can only imagine doing that to mine once I get it, it'll easily look fantastic with Batgirl :drool

I can imagine the relief of weight will help, my superman doesn't really lean but I do plan to change that for a mix cape; which your's looks great by the way :thud:

Love those capes brother! Keep it up! :rock:rock:rock

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' NEW LOOK SIDESHOW BATMAN PREMIUM FORM

Damn that batman cape looks good, you got a good eye man!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' NEW LOOK SIDESHOW BATMAN PREMIUM FORM

Wow Andy looking nice men! What a awesome collection! Nice addition to your collection :clap

Thanks so much Brian for the kind words my friend :)

The new capes look great!

Thanks buddy and for taking the time to view my thread :wave

Andy, those cloth capes look really good! I really like the sculpted capes (minus the weight distribution concern), but these cloth counterparts look just as good. Congrats! :clap

Thanks Mikey :hi5: yea, I've still got the sideshow cape buddy and will certainly still be using it :) these custom mixed media capes are purely to use an alternate displays to mix things up a bit ;)

Andy, that bat cape is phenomenal! It's a dream come true.

Thanks so much Ty :hi5:

I am so impressed with the sculpted cape, however this cape looks amazing as well!! Nice job sir!

Thanks Chris :) yea, it's certainly like having the best of both worlds buddy :)

:lecture
All MM statues should have fabric capes. These look great Andy, congrats on getting them, I feel these capes make the statues pop a bit more! :clap

Glad you like it Stevie :) the custom cape for Batman certainly adds a little edge to the piece in my opinion, almost like a totally different look if you like. As for Superman, that's just the pic that Daniel took for me before he sent it to me so I still have to get to work on putting some wire in that also :)

Wow!!! That's how it should have been done all along!!! Mixed media bring all the :thud: into those PF!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words Marc :clap

The new cape brought me here, Andy. It looks terrific. Did the wire come installed, or did you have to install that yourself? If the wire was your idea, then it was definitely a good one and I think DM should start making them with the wire included.

Even though I don't own Bats (for my own reasons), I prefer the cape to be sculpted. Not just for Batman, but any superhero that dons one. This particular one; however, is a mind changer for sure....especially my mind.

The only thing I ask is that you take pics with the utility belt on as well as some backside shots. I'd love to see what this new cape looks like from the back. Love it, dude!

Great custom my friend Andy ;)

nice to see that everything worked :wink1:

Congrats Andy :clap

This thread and Andy's collection is my dream. Such an awesome collection to see.

Wow, a lot has happened here since my last visit! ;)

The new Optimus looks great although I prefer the pose from the first one you got. However the details and execution looks better on the second release.
You can't go wrong with either one!

And the capes, OMG. Batmans cape looks so much better in fabric and blowing in the wind :)
Also prefer the fabric cape on Supes! Nothing short of amazing.

Congrats!

tumblr_msl6wbE50N1stv8tqo1_400.gif

Looks amazing bro, really takes it to the next three levels or so :horror

loving that superman rb, looks like a giant 1/6 hot toys version lol.....i saw a guy on SF that had the long cape, but this is so much better...terrific choice.

Thanks for getting in touch buddy :) Well I'm not sure if it was the same guy on SF but I actually purchased this and the Batman fabric capes from DynamicMenace so it could well be the same guy? :dunno The pic you see of Superman was taken by Dan himself as I actually haven't had a chance to put it on mine plus I still need to fit a wire inside (similar to that of Batman) so that I can achieve some cool poses :)

Congrats, Andy, the leather bat cape is impressive and looks fantastic! :hi5: :duff

Thanks for the kind words Mark :hi5: much appreciated :)

Dude that new cape looks phenomenal on the Batman PF

Thanks man I love G1 stuff so any thing amazing is always in my line of sight.
I know what you mean about space. I have a pretty decently sized home and the wife is okay with statues in the living room (but we already have 8 there now and a 1/6) but I'm not keen on keeping them all there. I'm waiting til my house settles son I can renovate the basement and move majority of my setup downstairs. However with the money I spend on these things I don't see me saving any money for that lol

Yeah Jerry has in many occasions mentioned that if there is 1 license he'd love to do it'd be G1 Transformers. Would love some PCS statues as they do a great job bringing our childhoods to life.

Dude that ECC piece is remarkable and I'd love to have it cause like you said its going to be a serious conversation starter and the detail is ridiculous

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Hey bro, been busy all weekend so finally getting back to all the kind posts hence the late reply ;) Yea, fingers crossed Jerry can get his hands dirty with some cool G1 statues :yess: that license is long overdue for someone to bring alove and I'm fully confident that Jerry will do it justice! :)

In regards to the ECC Ambassador Rosenberg bust, although many people have said how its such a lot of money to spend on a collectible based on a mediocre movie or the fact that its not from one of the movie's main characters, I just fell in love with the actual design and concept of the piece and regardless of it being from a movie or not, I would still feel the same way about it. I think the details are so sick and realistic and totally the sort of piece that blows my mind! Havent pre ordered just due to the hefty $350 deposit but I'm trying to talk my wife around to helping me along with the pre order :lol :lol of course, as with all my other LSFs, the official price tag of this piece will remain a secret from her as I will remove a digit to help the transaction go down more smoothly with her...for example, the official price is $2350 and I will just minus the zero leaving $235 (obviously that price is far too cheap so i'll multiply that total by 4 which gives me the more respectable price of $936) which is more believable :lol:lol Game on bro! :yess:

That is a definite improvement but I have no idea of how you removed the sculpted cape.

Thanks Dave :hi5: the sculpted cape is already removable ;) easy as pie!

Cape looks awesom on the Bats!:clap

Thanks buddy :hi5: glad you like it :)

Thanks for getting in touch buddy :) Well I'm not sure if it was the same guy on SF but I actually purchased this and the Batman fabric capes from DynamicMenace so it could well be the same guy? :dunno The pic you see of Superman was taken by Dan himself as I actually haven't had a chance to put it on mine plus I still need to fit a wire inside (similar to that of Batman) so that I can achieve some cool poses :)

Thanks for the kind words Mark :hi5: much appreciated :)

Hey bro, been busy all weekend so finally getting back to all the kind posts hence the late reply ;) Yea, fingers crossed Jerry can get his hands dirty with some cool G1 statues :yess: that license is long overdue for someone to bring alove and I'm fully confident that Jerry will do it justice! :)

In regards to the ECC Ambassador Rosenberg bust, although many people have said how its such a lot of money to spend on a collectible based on a mediocre movie or the fact that its not from one of the movie's main characters, I just fell in love with the actual design and concept of the piece and regardless of it being from a movie or not, I would still feel the same way about it. I think the details are so sick and realistic and totally the sort of piece that blows my mind! Havent pre ordered just due to the hefty $350 deposit but I'm trying to talk my wife around to helping me along with the pre order :lol :lol of course, as with all my other LSFs, the official price tag of this piece will remain a secret from her as I will remove a digit to help the transaction go down more smoothly with her...for example, the official price is $2350 and I will just minus the zero leaving $235 (obviously that price is far too cheap so i'll multiply that total by 4 which gives me the more respectable price of $936) which is more believable :lol:lol Game on bro! :yess:

Thanks Dave :hi5: the sculpted cape is already removable ;) easy as pie!

Thanks buddy :hi5: glad you like it :)
Dude I KNOW Jerry will Kill it!

Now about the bust, in love it. MIB was a pretty good movie for me in my teens and it still holds up for me. That character is one of the most interesting as well as visually mind blowing in the movie. I wish I could afford this guy just because it looks AMAZING. The only thing I would add would be to make the alien inside move like he did in the movie.

Bro you are an evil genius :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SSC CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLUSIVE

Everything looks fantastic!! Great collection! Always a pleasure seeing what you are working on!

Dude I KNOW Jerry will Kill it!

Now about the bust, in love it. MIB was a pretty good movie for me in my teens and it still holds up for me. That character is one of the most interesting as well as visually mind blowing in the movie. I wish I could afford this guy just because it looks AMAZING. The only thing I would add would be to make the alien inside move like he did in the movie.

Bro you are an evil genius :)

Yea, still haven't ordered that bust yet bro...way I see it is that due to it's high price tag, I donut too many people will jump on it right away and I've seriously got to calm down as I've got some potential pre orders that are pretty much imminent in the next month or so which include the likes of Prime 1's Megatron and the Doom LSF :horror

Everything looks fantastic!! Great collection! Always a pleasure seeing what you are working on!

Thanks you so much for your kind words my friend :hi5: standby for more cool updates which I'll think you'll really like :)

The capes look really good Andy. I especially like the Superman one and am sure it will help people that need space since the sculpted ones do take up a lot of room. Personally, I need to save my money for other projects and I am happy with the stock sculpted ones.
Congrats though!

Thanks Alan, glad you like 'em buddy :)

Looks great dude. A bit of a risky one to take on as iv heard the capes already look awesome but they compliment the statues really well. I also think its nice to switch bits around now and then just to change it up and confuse guests when they come over :)

Hey Matt, yea...that's exactly my train of thought buddy in that I like to change things up every now and then, not just to confuse guests but also to keep these statues fresh in my mind and not seeing the same display day in day out :)

Nice mod. Batman cape looks really good. I think much better than the original

That's a massive compliment Yoga :hi5: thanks so much bro :)

And here I was hoping I'm done with extra spending this year. Now I want these. Looks amazing. I understand what you mean about the weight issues. Congrats buddy. Another awesome mod.

Hey Nabil, thanks for the kind words buddy :hi5: and if your interested in buying these custom capes then just send over a PM ;)

Sick custom bro, love seeing what you're gonna do next with stuff.

I like Batmans Cape more than the original by a mile. Great work!

Chris

Thanks so much Chris :) that means a lot bro :hi5: looking to secure a front seat in your Lambo whenever I decide to take the plunge and cross the ocean to see you guys!! :lol :lol

Looks very great Andy. Mixed media all the way!

Thanks Nick :clap glad you like it buddy :)

Andy first off, you got one killer piece right there! It definitely looks great! :hi5:

As for the new one, man that would be one hell of a piece to own :thud:

I don't know much about Transformers, but I'm glad because that piece would push me over the edge :lol

Awesome catch, can't wait to see IHP! :rock:rock

:horror:horror:horror

That is one sexy ass cape! :rock:rock

It looks fantastic, easily adds more to the piece! I love the positioning, and I can only imagine doing that to mine once I get it, it'll easily look fantastic with Batgirl :drool

I can imagine the relief of weight will help, my superman doesn't really lean but I do plan to change that for a mix cape; which your's looks great by the way :thud:

Love those capes brother! Keep it up! :rock:rock:rock

Wow :horror epic post as usual Carlos :) thanks so much buddy :hi5: glad your liking the updates as I've got plenty more a coming! ;) Of course, as you know I've got the new Captain America PF supposedly arriving today and of course my eagerly awaited Iron Patriot Lifesize bust is also arriving this week plus loads more custom pieces arriving this week for my Deadpool and Punisher PF's :yess: so stay tuned my friend :)

Damn that batman cape looks good, you got a good eye man!

Thanks so much for the kind words Frank :hi5:

The new cape brought me here, Andy. It looks terrific. Did the wire come installed, or did you have to install that yourself? If the wire was your idea, then it was definitely a good one and I think DM should start making them with the wire included.

Even though I don't own Bats (for my own reasons), I prefer the cape to be sculpted. Not just for Batman, but any superhero that dons one. This particular one; however, is a mind changer for sure....especially my mind.

The only thing I ask is that you take pics with the utility belt on as well as some backside shots. I'd love to see what this new cape looks like from the back. Love it, dude!

Hey Steven, good to hear from you bro :hi5: No, the wire was installed by myself as it came as just the cape but adding the wire was always my intention. As for the utililty belt, I always forget to put that darn thing on until right at the end :slap making it more awkward to put on :( however, my Batman PF spends most of his time inside his shipper so I only took it out to apply the cape and see how I could make it look...its now back in the box again! :( but thanks so much for your great comments buddy :)

Great custom my friend Andy ;)

Thanks Adam my friend :)

nice to see that everything worked :wink1:

Congrats Andy :clap

Thanks for the kind words Oktay :clap

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' NEW SSC CAPTAIN AMERICA PF EXCLUSIVE

Dude I know what you mean, you have some crazy **** coming and I'm pretty sure you have more than a few on PO too lol

Sooooo Jedi, got much on pre-order???? :monkey3

Sooooo Jedi, got much on pre-order???? :monkey3
Lol yeah one or two. Can't wait for the P1 Turtles!

Back