Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FIRST BUY OF 2014...AND YES, IT'S ANOTHER IRON MA

Awesome Roberto, as always.

I feel a little bit jealous right now. :p

Congrats, really beautiful MK42. :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FIRST BUY OF 2014...AND YES, IT'S ANOTHER IRON MA

really nice statue I do like it but it look abit small for 1/4 scale, even though it a nice statue I didn't enjoy iron man 3 so I don't have a like to the suit how in term of sculpt pose etc it does look great and if your happy with it then that all that counts

I don't even like IM andy:lol..but holy cow youve one hell of a collection mate:clap:clap:clap

Wow another great acquisition you should rename your nick to IronBagg10 :)

Another great piece to your collection. Congrats!

Really like the new piece Andy, no doubt you'll do a fantastic paint job too! :exactly:

Hey guys, well time for another update and like last year, Iron Man is the first purchase of the new year and its the MK42 from Iron Man 3 by Iron Studios :yess: Now originally I had this on pre order with a local retailer but decided to cancel the order due to the huge $670 price tag on it :horror so when a fellow freak sold me their one for literally less than half the retail price, I wasn't about to turn it down! By the way, thank you Rob for a great transaction :clap:hi5:

So the feedback from fellow freaks on this piece wasn't all that great and I did take all this onboard before deciding to own one for myself...for example the majority of complaints were to do with the paint application such as sloppy paint work or wonky lines in some cases. However, my concern was with how different the colour scheme was between the original prototype and the final production piece. It appeared that they had cut corners and opted for a weaker, more yellow-greenish gold rather than the more neutral metallic gold shown on their proto and also the red seemed to be more brighter rather than a darker metallic red which is more accurate. Below I will show some examples of what I mean and how I intend to custom paint mine to hopefully look a bit closer to the proto as I possibly can.

So back to the statue...as I opened the box I was delighted to see that everything was immaculate and brand new! I liked the little extras that were included like the cool IM3 decals and certificate (even though it's in Brazilian) :rotfl In my opinion, the base and statue for what it is, I'd say is definitely up there with Sideshow standards...the pose is fantastic and the base is just like an identical but samller replica of the one used at the beginning of the Iron Man 3 movie from where this pose was taken. The statue itself is a lot heavier that what I'd expected it to be and has a good feel to it but the best part of this piece is the light up features of both the statue and the base :exactly: included are light up eyes, arc reactor, hand repulsor, one in the right foot and then the base...it really does look killer!

As for the reported flaws on this piece, i was happy to report no dodgy lines and the sloppy paint work was minimal with one or two areas of paint overlapping but as a whole, mine was one of the reasonable ones as it appeared that no one statue was the same. Here are some pics of mine:

agunure6.jpg

5umy3eqa.jpg

qaqa2eny.jpg

zabegyny.jpg

ehu5usun.jpg

ege2yjyp.jpg

Great acquisition my friend!

Congratulations on MK42 my friend!

Can't wait to see what you can pull off with the MK42 repaint.

ry7e7y2u.jpg

Congrats,it's a great armor and cool pose,i want to see it repainted,

You must to meet Robert Downey Jr to show your awesome stuff

:duff

Excellent Score and Pic's on IM XLII, Andy, Impressive Posts my Friend and something to keep your brain turning :lol:lol:lol

OMG ! :horror

It's a Sideshow one Colossus ?

I want this masterpiece so hard. :pray: Love the details, amazing.

:offtopic: I'm out ... :D

Ironman galore :clap

Thanks Serg :clap :lol yea, was just having a joke with Averone on Facebook as to who had more Iron Man movie related Collectibles :lol:lol

Awesome update it is looking really good :)
Can't wait to see the new paint job on this one

Thanks Ant :clap hopefully get started on the Repaint next week :)

Awesome mate, congratulations ! You really love Iron Man :p

Thanks Carmelo :hi5:

OMG if the I don't even like Iron man but if the Maquette had the right color and shading as this I would of bought it! It looks like it is from right out of the movie!

If anyone can nail the color accuracy it's you Andy, and your Mark Vi Iron man Maquette is proof of that! ;)

Thanks for the kind words as ever Steve :1-1: Will really try to give it a good go buddy although it will be tricky due to all the intricate details :( may need to be hand painted rather than airbrushed as certain sections will be impossible to mask :exactly:

Awesome Roberto, as always.

I feel a little bit jealous right now. :p

Congrats, really beautiful MK42. :)

Thanks so much Jezza :clap really appreciate that my friend :)

really nice statue I do like it but it look abit small for 1/4 scale, even though it a nice statue I didn't enjoy iron man 3 so I don't have a like to the suit how in term of sculpt pose etc it does look great and if your happy with it then that all that counts

The movie did suck :exactly: but for me it was just the Mandarin storyline that let it down for me...other than that it was passable. Still the worse movie out of the trilogy. The MK42 suit has actually grown on me tbh...and the pose is killer :yess:

Some pics of the decals, MK42 art print and certificate that were included with the statue :)

4ubyqe9u.jpg

u4age9ut.jpg

You are right Roberto, the Iron Man 3 movie really sucks compared to the 2 first. It's too bad, I was very excited to see it and I was very sad to see what they have made...

But hey, we can see our favorite super-hero in his amazing suit, just for that it's still a must have movie. :D

Amazing piece of art you have, hope we can see more of this guy. :)

You are right Roberto, the Iron Man 3 movie really sucks compared to the 2 first. It's too bad, I was very excited to see it and I was very sad to see what they have made...

But hey, we can see our favorite super-hero in his amazing suit, just for that it's still a must have movie. :D

Amazing piece of art you have, hope we can see more of this guy. :)

Thanks Jeremy :hi5: yea, at the end of the day, its Iron Man so you gotta love all the suits right :wink:

Just think, after the movie Avengers 2, im sure we will see even more suits! :exactly:

Thanks for the kind words my friend and I hope to start repainting my MK42 from next week :yess:

GIVE ME YOUR COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

Back