Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *CUSTOM WAR MACHINE LSF! PICS ARE IN! PAGE 356

From 1/4 Maquette to 1/2 LSF...the day my dream became reality :)

nysavapy.jpg

Damn, still miss my War Machine Maquette :(

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *CUSTOM WAR MACHINE LSF! PICS ARE IN! PAGE 356

Don't forget I love booty too :lecture:lol[/quote]

:lol:lol:lol:lol Oh I know all to well, Andy, so here you go

For the love of God!!:horror:horror:horror I would trade all my Iron Man Collectibles for one pinch of that booty!! :exactly:

nysavapy.jpg

Great pic! :clap Is that the War Machine Maquette that you customised Andy? Looks great:clap I really wish I had started out this hobby sooner cos the 2 Maquettes of War Machine and Iron Man would have been easy purchases. I've ordered the upcoming IP maquette from Sideshows new Iron Man 3 line so I hope that line is a success plus I've heard rumours over on the Marvel threads that Sideshow may also bring out a MKVII maquette at some point which will be cool :pray:

Hey,

Are ...you...serious ?

Ok, I think I'm gonna have heart attack or something just right now... Your Mark III (if I'm right?) and of course WM are just freaaaaaking awesome. :horror

I just can't see the rest of your collection right now or I'll stay in bed and cry all the rest of the day.

When I see your avatar I was like ''maybe he muqt have some cool IM stuff'' but damn I was far away to these masterpieces !

Seriously amazing Roberto, I'll check the rest of your shelve later but I'm sure it'll be awesome. Hope we can have more pics of the ''big guys'' soon. :)

Congrats. Cheers. :)

Hi Jeremy :wave thanks for your PM bro :1-1: great to know new collectors. Thanks so much for the very kind words, i am most grateful and can only promise you more awesomeness for 2014 :yess:

Bro u have amazing collection. I seen you were collecting figures. seen one of your post T800 Arnie on Harley n when you move towards collecting statues ................here u gO congrats on owning awesome collection. btw really curious about display bro. please do share some display pics..........

Thanks for the kind words Dhaval and for your facebook comments:1-1: had such a brilliant time over the Christmas break chatting to so many cool collectors and putting faces to the names :hi5:

Congratulations again Andy! it's the best war machine that i see....

Thanks my friend, glad you like it bro :hi5:

wow simply wow honestly im amazed with some of these customs Roberto you got a sick collection I love it peace big bro little bro

Hey Shabs, again, great to meet you over on Facebook bro :1-1: I've seen so many of your cool YT vids and didn't even realise you were on the freaks forum :rotfl anyway dude, thanks so much for the kind words and hope you stay tuned for some new pieces winging their way to me in the next few weeks :wave

nysavapy.jpg

I understand you, but what extraordinary statue that your war machine 1/2 :clap

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *CUSTOM WAR MACHINE LSF! PICS ARE IN! PAGE 356

Great pic! :clap Is that the War Machine Maquette that you customised Andy? Looks great:clap I really wish I had started out this hobby sooner cos the 2 Maquettes of War Machine and Iron Man would have been easy purchases. I've ordered the upcoming IP maquette from Sideshows new Iron Man 3 line so I hope that line is a success plus I've heard rumours over on the Marvel threads that Sideshow may also bring out a MKVII maquette at some point which will be cool :pray:

Yes it is bro :wink1: don't have it anymore though :( I sold it along with my MKVI Maquette last year. Ironically, I caught up with the guy who bought them from me on Facebook and he still loves them as much as he did when he first recieved which is nice to know :) infact, here are the pics he sent me :)

zutumyde.jpg

ygugyte6.jpg

Looking forward to the upcoming Iron Man Maquettes/PF's :rock

I understand you, but what extraordinary statue that your war machine 1/2 :clap

Thanks Darth...it's a beast isn't it lol! :yess:

Epic update dude! And the jealous streak continues :lol :clap

They look great and nice to add your own special touches to it with the custom battle damage. My brain is racking as to why you ever sold these 2 statues in the first place:dunno I mean, your the biggest Iron Man fan I know :lol

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *CUSTOM WAR MACHINE LSF! PICS ARE IN! PAGE 356

Epic update dude! And the jealous streak continues :lol :clap

Thanks so much Rob :hi5: hope you had a great new year :yess:

They look great and nice to add your own special touches to it with the custom battle damage. My brain is racking as to why you ever sold these 2 statues in the first place:dunno I mean, your the biggest Iron Man fan I know :lol

Yea, it was more of a thing out the blue to customise those Maquettes. I remember the end fight scene in Iron Man 2 where both the MKVI and War Machine armours get a beating and I wanted it to be a bit more accurate to that scene :wink1: why did sell them? Good question...well, I guess looking back in hindsight it was probably a mistake but they have gone to a good home plus I did make a killing on them :rock

na8y9epa.jpg

yqy2adud.jpg

Last edited:

Good Lord Roberto!! Really great buys there is nothing I can say that the others already haven't. Congrats bro and I love the inclusion of the Baggio apple in the pics. Is that just a seasonal thing?!?

Good Lord Roberto!! Really great buys there is nothing I can say that the others already haven't. Congrats bro and I love the inclusion of the Baggio apple in the pics. Is that just a seasonal thing?!?

Hey Ondi, thanks very much my friend :1-1: Appreciate the visit and the kind words.

:rotfl:rotfl @ the Baggio apple!!!:clap

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FIRST BUY OF 2014...AND YES, IT'S ANOTHER IRO...

Hey guys, well time for another update and like last year, Iron Man is the first purchase of the new year and its the MK42 from Iron Man 3 by Iron Studios :yess: Now originally I had this on pre order with a local retailer but decided to cancel the order due to the huge $670 price tag on it :horror so when a fellow freak sold me their one for literally less than half the retail price, I wasn't about to turn it down! By the way, thank you Rob for a great transaction :clap:hi5:

So the feedback from fellow freaks on this piece wasn't all that great and I did take all this onboard before deciding to own one for myself...for example the majority of complaints were to do with the paint application such as sloppy paint work or wonky lines in some cases. However, my concern was with how different the colour scheme was between the original prototype and the final production piece. It appeared that they had cut corners and opted for a weaker, more yellow-greenish gold rather than the more neutral metallic gold shown on their proto and also the red seemed to be more brighter rather than a darker metallic red which is more accurate. Below I will show some examples of what I mean and how I intend to custom paint mine to hopefully look a bit closer to the proto as I possibly can.

So back to the statue...as I opened the box I was delighted to see that everything was immaculate and brand new! I liked the little extras that were included like the cool IM3 decals and certificate (even though it's in Brazilian) :rotfl In my opinion, the base and statue for what it is, I'd say is definitely up there with Sideshow standards...the pose is fantastic and the base is just like an identical but samller replica of the one used at the beginning of the Iron Man 3 movie from where this pose was taken. The statue itself is a lot heavier that what I'd expected it to be and has a good feel to it but the best part of this piece is the light up features of both the statue and the base :exactly: included are light up eyes, arc reactor, hand repulsor, one in the right foot and then the base...it really does look killer!

As for the reported flaws on this piece, i was happy to report no dodgy lines and the sloppy paint work was minimal with one or two areas of paint overlapping but as a whole, mine was one of the reasonable ones as it appeared that no one statue was the same. Here are some pics of mine:

agunure6.jpg

5umy3eqa.jpg

qaqa2eny.jpg

zabegyny.jpg

ehu5usun.jpg

ege2yjyp.jpg

Last edited:
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FIRST BUY OF 2014...AND YES, IT'S ANOTHER IRO...

ry7e7y2u.jpg

a5uqy5a9.jpg

So going back to my original concerns of the colour scheme, I have decided to have a go at repainting mine and to try at least get it closer to the proto as I possibly can...as soon as I have some WIP pics then of course i'll post them up for you all to see...here are the comparison pics to show you the vast difference between the proto and the production piece...

yqypa6ah.jpg

tyzu2a5y.jpg

ve4y4yvy.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FIRST BUY OF 2014...AND YES, IT'S ANOTHER IRON MA

Awesome update it is looking really good :)
Can't wait to see the new paint job on this one

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FIRST BUY OF 2014...AND YES, IT'S ANOTHER IRON MA

Awesome mate, congratulations ! You really love Iron Man :p

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FIRST BUY OF 2014...AND YES, IT'S ANOTHER IRO...

OMG if the I don't even like Iron man but if the Maquette had the right color and shading as this I would of bought it! It looks like it is from right out of the movie!

ry7e7y2u.jpg

a5uqy5a9.jpg

So going back to my original concerns of the colour scheme, I have decided to have a go at repainting mine and to try at least get it closer to the proto as I possibly can...as soon as I have some WIP pics then of course i'll post them up for you all to see...here are the comparison pics to show you the vast difference between the proto and the production piece...

yqypa6ah.jpg

tyzu2a5y.jpg

ve4y4yvy.jpg

If anyone can nail the color accuracy it's you Andy, and your Mark Vi Iron man Maquette is proof of that! ;)

Last edited:
Back