Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' 2013 STATUE OF THE YEAR / DEADPO...

Thanks man, and for sure I will just won't be for a bit as I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me :) gotta do the fix first

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

No worries bro :hi5: can't wait to see the pics :rock

Great score on DP Andy. Definitely my statute of 2013

But it's your thoughts on the VII LSF which I'm really interested in hearing about. I know your been waiting for that one for along time, so I hope it turns up looking stellar & with no QC issues :)

Hey Stevie, thanks mate...I think you and Ant are the only ones to have seen the pic of my DP since I got him a few days ago :lol I can certainly see why so many collectors have him as their best PF of last year...it's awesome! Once Spazzys custom swords arrive it's gonna make it look even better if that's even possible :horror planning in displaying this guy alongside my Punisher PF :rock

As you know mate, the Iron Man LSF is my most anticipated piece of the year so I'd hate to be disappointed...not the best start as I've only recieved one box out of two :( the other is still stuck at Stansted Airport so that won't be with me until Monday now :gah:

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' 2013 STATUE OF THE YEAR / DEADPO...

Hey Andy great Hulk piece ! Congrats. Will be a awesome display when the set is complete. :horror. Hmmm am drinking a can of the mutipack cola as I post . :rotfl
Good call. Edit that I was at your Hulk post and got my post directed here weird. .?

Thanks so much for the kind words bro :clap not sure which Hulk your referring to? Is it the PF or the Iron Studios Avengers Diorama :dunno because both of them have the can of coke in the pic! :lol :lol :lol

etusuha5.jpg

a3e2a4u5.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LIFESIZE BUST PG 6

Hey Roberto !

Amazing Mark VII bust you have here, except for the flaws. I agree with all the comments above. :(

But I know what you could do ! Send it to me and keep the new one Sideshow will send to you ! :p

Anyway you did an excellent job on the Arc reactor, it give me some ideas for my Kotobukiya Fine art crappy ones.

Good luck for the next one. :)

Thanks so much my friend for a great post :clap indeed I wish I could send you my bust bro but this morning I have been given the go ahead by Sideshow to smash it up before they send my replacement on Monday :( I hate smashing up Collectibles :(

Wow great statue! He looks awesome! But for that kind of money I would not keep it. Get a replacement or a refund. Then buy a new one. Just too many flaws on it.

Thanks CBG, yep...a new replacement will be on it's way next week buddy so they've personally inspected it and fingers crossed it's a good'n :pray:

Great bust andy,don´t worry too much about the flaws,you are an artist

Thanks Sam :duff appreciate the kind comments my friend :1-1:

Really nice my friend!! Really nice!! :rock

Thanks Serg :hi5:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' 2013 STATUE OF THE YEAR / DEADPOOL P

Okay guys, so I'm pleased to announce that I have successfully recieved box 1 of my Iron Man MKVII LSF :) Enclosed are the 2 arms, the torso and the ammo shoulder guards and thankfully after close inspection, I have no breaks or damages on these pieces so it's a clean bill of health so far for the MKVII...phew!

gequvepe.jpg

4e5e2ygu.jpg

Okay, so there's not much I can review without having the entire piece I front of me but I can make some judgements on the colour.

The colour in my opinion is....pretty good!

blackguy.gif

Yep, you heard right! :lol in person, it's definately not the same colour as we saw in the proto pics from Comic Con last year...if anything, it's a heck of alot darker in regards to the red tones of the armour (my pics dont really show how dark the red tones are but they are a little darker than what my pics make out). So if your expecting the red to look like the proto when you take it out the box....

3ymy5uma.jpg

...then your going to be disappointed :( However, from what I've been hearing from here, aswell as the Statue Forum and Facebook, this darker shade of red is actually more movie accurate than the actual proto :horror as you can see from these pics taken from The Avengers movie:

y9ysuta5.jpg

hahu9yqa.jpg

mubate2a.jpg

u8e4a7up.jpg

so I guess it's whether your preference is the more vibrant red colour shown on the proto at Comic Con (in which case this piece is not for you) or if you want it more movie accurate in which case you'll definately prefer the paint apps on this LSF. Both look very nice in their own right and in all honesty, I would've been happy with either shades of red so it's all good from my end ;)

What I was really impressed with is the actual gold colour. After recieving the MKVII LIFESIZE bust a week or so ago, I was very disappointed with the gold colour of the armour...it was almost a yellowy-mustard colour and looked nothing like a metallic gold, BUT....on this LSF the gold looks 100x better! Now I'm not getting carried away here guys and I'm certainly not saying it looks perfectly metallic but the fact it looks as good if not better as what the gold on the MKIII LSF looked like, is a massive sigh of relief.

6e3ara7a.jpg

Again, I still haven't recieved the other parts including the faceplate (which has looked very orangy in some of the other inhand pics we've recieved already) so I'm not counting my chickens just yet! :lol At least, the gold actually looks like gold on this LSF...which is a great start!

The finish of the paint apps, like the MKVII LIFESIZE bust is extremely well applied in my opinion...it looks like armour and not overly like plastic (which a few of us were concerned abt)...the armour gives off a nice sheen to it when picked up by the reflections of the lighting in the room as you walk around it and this is what creates a spectacular metallic effect...again, I compare with the MKIII LSF which also had the same effects.

As I look at the Arc Reactor, it's basically a miniature version of the MKVII LIFESIZE bust and looks okay - not crazy about it but like I've already explained in the MKVII bust thread, it's an easy fix to change the Arc Reactor to a new design or to remove the outer blue tinge which isn't that nice looking in my opinion :( for those who haven't seen, here are a few alternative designs I made for my bust which I'll be eventually implementing on my LSF :)

ugemeqyh.jpg

e8e7ytev.jpg

ezyta6ym.jpg

Not much else to say really guys...so gutted I can't assemble this guy completely but in the meantime I'll get to work on making a new Arc Reactor design...oh, and I also have to have some fun and smash my MKVII LIFESIZE bust up this weekend before my replacement ships next week :yess:

If there's anything you need to know that I haven't covered so far then feel free to tell me guys and I'll do my best to help you out...but from what I've seen so far, I have to say that I am very happy indeed. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm purposely being really strict in my opinions towards this piece. I want to be blown away just like I was when I first saw the MKIII LSF in my collection...signs so far are very good :rock :rock

Here are some pics I took of what was in the box :)

a4ubysyb.jpg

sedavama.jpg

mygahysy.jpg

u6ysa6ah.jpg

mevedatu.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LSF REVIEW PART 1

Looks cool, Andy. Glad you're happy with it so far! I like the darker red better than the proto, too.

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SSC IRON MAN MKVII LSF REVIEW PART 1

Looking good. Sad to hear only one box arrived so far but at least it checked out fine. Keep us posted bro.

Great job Andy on this ½ review! :clap
I'm happy to read that your box1 is in perfect condition! Great relief! Let's all pray for the best for box2.

And I'm even more thrilled to see that you enjoy the paint color. Like you, I wished the red would have been like the proto, but seems like SSC decided to go the movie accurate version. This is fine by me since this is the reason that I've bought this piece:
avengers-movie-screencaps.com-12141.jpg

Wow looks awesome so far. Cant wait to see it built.

congrats andy,can´t wait to see the other middle :duff

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'COMING SOON' 2013 STATUE OF THE YEAR / DEADPOOL P

Okay guys, so I'm pleased to announce that I have successfully recieved box 1 of my Iron Man MKVII LSF :) Enclosed are the 2 arms, the torso and the ammo shoulder guards and thankfully after close inspection, I have no breaks or damages on these pieces so it's a clean bill of health so far for the MKVII...phew!

gequvepe.jpg

4e5e2ygu.jpg

Okay, so there's not much I can review without having the entire piece I front of me but I can make some judgements on the colour.

The colour in my opinion is....pretty good!

blackguy.gif

Yep, you heard right! :lol in person, it's definately not the same colour as we saw in the proto pics from Comic Con last year...if anything, it's a heck of alot darker in regards to the red tones of the armour (my pics dont really show how dark the red tones are but they are a little darker than what my pics make out). So if your expecting the red to look like the proto when you take it out the box....

3ymy5uma.jpg

...then your going to be disappointed :( However, from what I've been hearing from here, aswell as the Statue Forum and Facebook, this darker shade of red is actually more movie accurate than the actual proto :horror as you can see from these pics taken from The Avengers movie:

y9ysuta5.jpg

hahu9yqa.jpg

mubate2a.jpg

u8e4a7up.jpg

so I guess it's whether your preference is the more vibrant red colour shown on the proto at Comic Con (in which case this piece is not for you) or if you want it more movie accurate in which case you'll definately prefer the paint apps on this LSF. Both look very nice in their own right and in all honesty, I would've been happy with either shades of red so it's all good from my end ;)

I think most would agree the darker shade of red looks better and is more movie accurate. The bright red armor looks too much like something out of the comic books and although I agree both look nice, having a brighter version of red just makes the difference between owning a movie replica and owning a statue of a comic book character that looks too animated, if u know what I mean.

What I was really impressed with is the actual gold colour. After recieving the MKVII LIFESIZE bust a week or so ago, I was very disappointed with the gold colour of the armour...it was almost a yellowy-mustard colour and looked nothing like a metallic gold, BUT....on this LSF the gold looks 100x better! Now I'm not getting carried away here guys and I'm certainly not saying it looks perfectly metallic but the fact it looks as good if not better as what the gold on the MKIII LSF looked like, is a massive sigh of relief.

6e3ara7a.jpg

Again, I still haven't recieved the other parts including the faceplate (which has looked very orangy in some of the other inhand pics we've recieved already) so I'm not counting my chickens just yet! :lol At least, the gold actually looks like gold on this LSF...which is a great start!

The finish of the paint apps, like the MKVII LIFESIZE bust is extremely well applied in my opinion...it looks like armour and not overly like plastic (which a few of us were concerned abt)...the armour gives off a nice sheen to it when picked up by the reflections of the lighting in the room as you walk around it and this is what creates a spectacular metallic effect...again, I compare with the MKIII LSF which also had the same effects.

As I look at the Arc Reactor, it's basically a miniature version of the MKVII LIFESIZE bust and looks okay - not crazy about it but like I've already explained in the MKVII bust thread, it's an easy fix to change the Arc Reactor to a new design or to remove the outer blue tinge which isn't that nice looking in my opinion :( for those who haven't seen, here are a few alternative designs I made for my bust which I'll be eventually implementing on my LSF :)

ugemeqyh.jpg

e8e7ytev.jpg

ezyta6ym.jpg

Not much else to say really guys...so gutted I can't assemble this guy completely but in the meantime I'll get to work on making a new Arc Reactor design...oh, and I also have to have some fun and smash my MKVII LIFESIZE bust up this weekend before my replacement ships next week :yess:

If there's anything you need to know that I haven't covered so far then feel free to tell me guys and I'll do my best to help you out...but from what I've seen so far, I have to say that I am very happy indeed. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm purposely being really strict in my opinions towards this piece. I want to be blown away just like I was when I first saw the MKIII LSF in my collection...signs so far are very good :rock :rock

Here are some pics I took of what was in the box :)

a4ubysyb.jpg

sedavama.jpg

mygahysy.jpg

u6ysa6ah.jpg

mevedatu.jpg

Well if anyone can make this good it is you Andy as the job u did on the Arc Reactor u did on bust looks quite good! :clap

Very amazing acqusition, big congrats my friend Andy, but more pics....lol

I think I would have rather received the other box first :)

Awesome news, Andy. Getting the first box in perfect condition kinda makes up for the 1:1 bust. Let's hope it all comes together ASAP and without any problems. Look forward to seeing the completed piece.

Damn that LSF already looks smokin can't wait till you get the othet box.

That's some nice packaging, it looks great Andy :hi5: I think the darker red looks nice but I know how you feel when you are expecting a lighter red. Glad it arrived in good condition :)

Looks cool, Andy. Glad you're happy with it so far! I like the darker red better than the proto, too.

Thanks Kris :) Yea, to be honest I'd have been happy with both shades of red but having closer to what we saw in the actual movies makes more sense I guess ;)

Looking good. Sad to hear only one box arrived so far but at least it checked out fine. Keep us posted bro.

Hey Nabil, yea...this weekend has been a bit tough just sitting at a half complete box :( but only a few. Ore hours to wait until the rest of it gets here : yess:

Great job Andy on this ½ review! :clap
I'm happy to read that your box1 is in perfect condition! Great relief! Let's all pray for the best for box2.

And I'm even more thrilled to see that you enjoy the paint color. Like you, I wished the red would have been like the proto, but seems like SSC decided to go the movie accurate version. This is fine by me since this is the reason that I've bought this piece:
avengers-movie-screencaps.com-12141.jpg

Yes, so far so good Marc...but like I said a few days ago, the most vital pieces like the headsculpt and the base are still to arrive :horror so I'm praying that it arrives in the same way as the first box did :pray:

Wow looks awesome so far. Cant wait to see it built.

Thanks Matt :hi5: Yea, really excited to get this guy completed ;)

Looks great Andy.

Thanks Yoga :duff

congrats andy,can´t wait to see the other middle :duff

Thanks Samuel :hi5: just had an update from FedEx that the next box wont arrive now until tomorrow :gah: :(

I think most would agree the darker shade of red looks better and is more movie accurate. The bright red armor looks too much like something out of the comic books and although I agree both look nice, having a brighter version of red just makes the difference between owning a movie replica and owning a statue of a comic book character that looks too animated, if u know what I mean.

Well if anyone can make this good it is you Andy as the job u did on the Arc Reactor u did on bust looks quite good! :clap

Yea, great post Steve :clap I do agree in that as its a movie collectible that the darker red would be a better choice and that's exactly what I've received so things are pretty positive so far :) thanks for the kind words regarding the AR :duff i'll try my best :)

Very amazing acqusition, big congrats my friend Andy, but more pics....lol

Thanks Adam...just waiting for the arrival of the second box my friend and then I can put everything together :) the wait is killing me! :gah:

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' SS IRON MAN MKVII LSF REVIEW PART 1 P

Nice so pics soon?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back