Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quick pics of my T-800 Display

Thanks Sarvesh :) well after scouring online for months, the only fatboy replicas I could find we're either 1/6 scale or 1/3 scale, both being either too small or too big for the T-800 figure and would look silly. So then I noticed that there was a 1/4 scale radio controlled bike available online in various toy shops (can't remember the manufacturer sorry) and it looked close to a Harley Davidson fatboy. Unfortunately, these bikes were in the wrong colour (as I needed the main frame of the bike to be black, like in the movie). That's until I found a seller on eBay from Hong Kong who was selling these same 1/4 scale bikes but had customised the main frame in black! As it was the closest thing I was gonna get I decided to take the chance...as you can tell from the pics it turned out pretty well :)

That is seriously a cool acquisition. And totally worth the efforts you've put in searching for it. I have to agree that the overall display with the lights is by far the best one I have seen for a T-800 till now.
23lo1vr.gif

That is seriously a cool acquisition. And totally worth the efforts you've put in searching for it. I have to agree that the overall display with the lights is by far the best one I have seen for a T-800 till now.
23lo1vr.gif

Thanks for that Sarvesh, stay tuned for my next display which will be for the Rambo III Enterbay figure, arriving tomorrow infact! :yess: It may take a while but I'll post up some WIP pics...

No probs! :duff

Any plans to do a 1:4 enterbay batman and joker display?

No probs! :duff

Any plans to do a 1:4 enterbay batman and joker display?

Lol! You know what, I have only started collecting statues/figures since January and I already have over 30 premium formats all brand new and still in their shipping boxes...I would love nothing more than to do displays for all of them...I have spent so much cash it's unreal! The terminator display came about because the bike was so huge that it would take up a lot of space just sitting in it's box, also the fact that it took me so long to achieve that pose with Arnie on the bike that I didn't want to risk putting him back in the box incase I couldn't re pose him the same way! So in a way, I wasn't expecting to display any of my pieces until I moved to my new home...glad I did though. Im planning on doing displays for most of my pieces, provided I can make the space :pray: what with the Batman PF, Iron Man 1:1 bust and Iron Man LSB, R2-D2/C-3PO PF's, 1989 Batmobile 1/6 scale and the Galactus maquette Pre Orders coming, I seriously think I'm gonna have to sell a few pieces just to get the new ones through the door! :gah: Really looking forward to the new Hulk Maquette which I will really go to town with once that arrives :yess: to go back to your question though, I would definitely love to get the Dark Knight Enterbay figure not so much the Joker...infact I'll be going to see the new movie tomorrow when it released here in the UK :clap

Thanks for that Sarvesh, stay tuned for my next display which will be for the Rambo III Enterbay figure, arriving tomorrow infact! :yess: It may take a while but I'll post up some WIP pics...

Just reading your plans is making me excited. You are really putting passion into your collection which is very respectable. Looking forward to more stunning displays in the future.
23lo1vr.gif

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread

Just reading your plans is making me excited. You are really putting passion into your collection which is very respectable. Looking forward to more stunning displays in the future.
23lo1vr.gif

Thanks Sarvesh, i guess everyone has their own ways and views on how to display pieces - i for one am a perfectionist and absolutely hate being one. Its just that it seems that nothing ever looks right and i have to go through countless poses, futzing and ideas before i can actually settle on the right one, even then i start having doubts. Take this Terminator display, i am already getting second thoughts on certain aspects that i think i can make better...it can be very destroying at times as in the end nothing ever gets completed or you just lose interest in the subject altogether. Thats way i think its important to hear other peoples comments as if the feedback is good you know that you've done it right, if the feedback is a bit iffy or not very good then you know that there is still work to be done. I have always loved statues (based on Movie or Superhero characters) and so i knew one day that would collect some pieces of my own at some point...and that when i did i was going to make sure that they'd get the display that they truly deserve. Anyone can stick a statue on a shelf or on a cabinet (which is completely fine) but all it needs is a bit of thought and creativity to come up with something that screams WOW! :horror

I've got Rambo coming in today at some point which i'm really excited about so i should be busting some poses out at the weekend, but my next project is for my custom 1/6 He-Man statue which is based on the 80's FILMATION cartoon. Will list some pics soon.

As for future projects, in my current collection i have all the classic comic Marvel Avengers such as The Hulk PF, Captain America PF, Thor PF, Black Panther PF and the Classic Iron Man Comiquette, hoping to get a display with all of them together in a case. Looking forward to displaying the upcoming 1/6 1989 Batmobile - really excited about that! Then there are my movie characters such as Lord of Darkness PF, Indiana Jones ROTLA PF, Iron man and War Machine Maquettes, Vader PF with 2 Stormtrooper PF's plus the upcoming R2D2/C3PO PF! So lots to work with :)

By the way, do you know how to change the thread title? Its just that if i'm going upload more pics of my work i'd rather change the title. Thanks again Sarvesh :wave

Last edited:

By the way, do you know how to change the thread title? Its just that if i'm going upload more pics of my work i'd rather change the title.

This should dot he trick:

Click on 'Edit' at the bottom right corner of your post > Go Advanced > Here you can change he thread Title.

Glad I could help. Btw what material did you use to build the road patch? Is that an ABS sheet, Black/Pink Foam or something else?

Well, here is a quick cheap tip for those trying to recreate any road like texture or scenery (even thinking of using this method for my upcoming Hot Toys 1/6 1989 Batmobile seeing it turned out so well for the T2 display). There are 2 types of materials you can use, firstly try using sandpaper. Here in the UK we have one called wet and dry sandpaper and is almost perfect to use for a road patch (however, i would recommend this for maybe 1/18 scale diecasts/models as its quite hard to find a large piece of sandpaper for full coverage of larger scaled vehicles. Therefore the second method, and the one i used for my display, is using a sheet of roofing felt. This material can be found in most DIY stores and is used to protect the roofing of sheds, garages, etc... it's also pretty much spot on to what a patch of road would resemble. I then needed to attach this sheet to a harder surface which would fit the motorcycle and arnie and also take the weight, in my case a ceramic floor tile (although any piece of wood would suffice as long as you spray paint the edges) and hey presto, you have yourself a base. So then all you need to do is add the final touches for example: add the yellow sign road markings, add a few tyre skid marks with your girlfriends eyebrow pencil and then finally a few stone chips by hammering down on some loose stones found in the garden and sprinkling a few over your desired patch....e voila! How does that sound mate? :dance

Also a lot of people have PM'd regarding the display card i used. I basically took this idea from how Sideshow use them for their displays - pretty much the same principal for me using the black crush velvet for the base of the display also...you'll notice for the majority of Sideshows displays at each annual Comic Con that they place their statues on black crushed velvet material...these little touches gives the viewer the sense of like your at a musuem and oozes quality, hence why i pinched their idea! :)

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread

Resourceful! :bow

Love the way you use almost everything you see around and make the end product look so good.

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *NEW UPDATE* REPAINTED G1 OPTIMUS PRIME LSF PI...

hi guys, as promised...here are some pics of my very first posing of the new arrival Rambo III 1/4 figure from Enterbay. It really is a fantastic figure (not worth the retial price IMO but still fantastic!) Ive gone for the Captain America Premium Format theme with the leg raised and foot on a soldiers helmet, athough in my case a piece of rock. just initial posing to begin with but already the ideas are coming thick and fast! Watch this space....:panic:

by6y6ugu.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 49141

these poses are literally the first 2 attempts after removing him from the box and already i have some great ideas in mind. Thanks for looking, good to hear your thoughts...:wave

These Enterbay products are really great, i couldnt recommend them more, however they for me are a little overpriced. Yet what you get wil give you years of satisfaction due to the detail in the sculpt and the accessories included. As mainly a Premium Format collector i was very sceptical about these articulated figures but i do believe there will be a huge significant rise in 1/4 scale figures and believe that these will only become as popular as the Hot Toys 1/6 scale.

Rambo looks sharp! It is a nice figure indeed.

My eyes keep getting drawn back to the T-800 display though :lol You have captured the film's lighting brilliantly. I don't think i'll get tired of looking at it ! :lol

Rambo looks sharp! It is a nice figure indeed.

My eyes keep getting drawn back to the T-800 display though :lol You have captured the film's lighting brilliantly. I don't think i'll get tired of looking at it ! :lol

:rotfl thanks Platty, I'm thinking next to incorporate a picture of the original T2 movie poster inside the display but don't know where exactly it will go and what size to use?

:rotfl thanks Platty, I'm thinking next to incorporate a picture of the original T2 movie poster inside the display but don't know where exactly it will go and what size to use?

Congrats on the Rambo. It is looking great.

Just adding my uncalled for opinion... but the T-800 display is classy the way it is. I think poster might not do any justice. The small plate at the bottom is just perfect and more than enough. Accordingly to me you have nailed the display. Now concentrate on Rambo :lol

Back