Robert Rodriguez to do a new Predator reboot...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man.. I said that before on here and barely survived the melee. :lol But it's the truth. I like both (P1 & P2) but some people make one or the other or both out to be like some cinematic classic or something.

Exactly. I get a kick out of people complaining about how the AVP franchise is crap when the originals aren't exactly masterpieces. The first two alien films were much stronger in terms of content, directing, and visuals. To me the aliens series was smarter thriller...were predator was just an Arnold movie with great one-liners and a cool looking alien.

That's what makes the film are the now classic lines from Ahnuld and gang, and the sweet creature design. If you honestly heard everyone raving about it and all the hype it gets and watched it, you would be like..."That's it?"

That's BS it is a great movie in it's genre, containing innovative camerawork and great suspenseful direction. I don't think it's cheesy and mindless it's just a comic-book style movie, it reminds me a bit of Frazetta. It's also a very honest movie, it doesn't pretend to be anything other than it is; Survival of the fittest translated in a pulp story with pure craftmanship, great movie.

What was innovative about the camera work? Cuz...I dont really remember anything amazing in that department.

Not that i'm trashing the movie....I just want to know where you're comment comes from.

What was innovative about the camera work? Cuz...I dont really remember anything amazing in that department.

Not that i'm trashing the movie....I just want to know where you're comment comes from.

Mctiernan almost got fired for using european camera shots, (allot of moving etc) that was pretty much unseen at that time in Hollywood. He even had to hire a different editor if i remember correctly.

Robert Rodriguez:

"We're hiring new writers and a director and I'm going to produce it over at Troublemaker with Fox to try and reboot the series in a really great way," Rodriguez told IGN. "So I'm not sure if we're going to follow the old script or keep that title. At this point, it's still early on."

The multi-hyphenated filmmaker also revealed that the non-sequel will go back to the franchise's origins and will have little to do with the Alien vs. Predator films of the last few years.

"This is something else," he said. "This is more like the first movie, but in a new way. Just rebooting the series in a whole new way. Not a remake, but more like what they did with the Batman series. They just started over. You know? Let's just start over using a different approach to it. We'll take the character everybody loves, but let's rethink it and make it for the time. Because the first one was made 20-plus years ago. So you want to do something more updated."

https://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/980/980078p1.html

they seem to be going in the right direction with this but im not sure if they can pull it to be honest, this is fox were talking about after all. the biggest ****** bags in the film industry :lol

No, this is going to be bad, i read a crap director called McG showed interest in directing.

Back