Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly what do you have to lose going to see this, from the looks of the preview it will kick ass! I love the way Dr. Loomis looks, cool beard! This is a must for me too!

It seems the way part one ended that part 2 was always intended to be made, but I guess not.

Well, in typical hollywood, Halloween does have that sequel setup type of ending, but in DVD extras, Carpenter states that his intent with Michael being gone below, and Loomis' "I'm not surprised" face along with going back over all the locales of the murders with Michael's breathing was to end the film with a message of evil being everywhere and that it can't simply be killed and it's an unstoppable force and ultimately, giving the impression that Michael is not a man. The sequels ultimately made him more and more a man that just wouldn't go down, where Carpenter's original concept was more that Michael was just a physical embodiment of evil so that evil could be something tangible as it stalked the girls.

As for Zombie's vision, you will never better the original film, but I am glad to see a good ammount of Zombie's version staying true to the original, and with hearing more dialogue, I'm feeling more that Malcom McDowell will bring strong acting to the film much the same as Donald Pleasance did, and sentimentally I will always cherrish DP's Loomis, but I think McDowell's will be enjoyable in it's own right.

I just watched the trailer today.

I must say at first... I wasn't happy about the cast. But after seeing the trailer... this movie is going to be different enough to make it Great. I got chills from watching this and will definately be there to view it.

I agree with a couple on here. The more I watch the trailers the more I like it. No it may not be in the league of the original but I think it will be good enough to stand on its own. Besides it puts Michael back in the spotlight and its about time if you ask me.

I agree with a couple on here. The more I watch the trailers the more I like it. No it may not be in the league of the original but I think it will be good enough to stand on its own. Besides it puts Michael back in the spotlight and its about time if you ask me.

True! Halloween had a WAY better story base and even success rate compared to the Friday the 13th's and Elm Street flicks. I think Halloween costed like $325,000 to make in 78' and it grossed over 50 Million.

It was for a long time the most successful film ever!

From what I understand about the Halloween franchise, it was supposed to be a different movie every Halloween under the Halloween banner. Part 3 was supposed to do that but it failed, so they went back to Myers.

It was for a long time the most successful film ever!

I'm not sure it was ever that, Gone With the Wind is high on the charts and it's ancient, but they did state in BTS clips on the Halloween DVD that it was the highest grossing independent film for a good while, kinda weird to think that was an independent film back in the day.

I'm not sure it was ever that, Gone With the Wind is high on the charts and it's ancient, but they did state in BTS clips on the Halloween DVD that it was the highest grossing independent film for a good while, kinda weird to think that was an independent film back in the day.

Ya wouldn't $325,000 be a big budget in 78'?

It was the most successful indy film ever and I believe made the most in relation to its budget. It was surpassed in '99 by the Blair Witch Project.

It was the most successful indy film ever and I believe made the most in relation to its budget. It was surpassed in '99 by the Blair Witch Project.

Ahhhhhh Balir Witch, that movie really pissed me off, tricking us all in the end! I have to admit I was freaked out prior to learning the B.S. side of the story!

I think that movie costed around $200,000 and grossed over a hundred mill or something.

I know it's probably not his style, but I think it'd be a great homage to the original if Zombie opens with the Halloween theme and the Pumpkin with logo like the original, that's what marked true Halloween films. 1 & 2 had it and fit together, 5 tried to go back to it, but basically, the sequels felt pretty departed from the original, while still being in ways entertaining having the core character of Michael involved. I think, as far as a strong sequential story arc, Halloween should be 1, 2, and H20, it would be a solid trilogy with those works. The only thing I'd remove from H20 is the whole 17 year old logic to Michael's killing of his siblings, it was enough to just make his core driving force being an inexplicable urge to kill off his siblings. I wasn't a fan of finding a deep reason for his actions, it makes him all the more threatening when there is no pattern, when you think no matter what, everyone's ****ed. Really looking forward to this movie, I don't expect to walk away thinking it's a masterpiece or even competes with the original, but I do think it will rank very well among the Halloween sequels.

This movie is now getting REALLY NEGATIVE buzz from those I know who have seen it.

:(

I have heard quite the opposite. I have only seen and read possitive reviews about Halloween 07'.

This film will probably set the bar as far as remakes are concerned. I think come 8-31-07 we are gonna have a winner of a film here. Tyler Mane is the most badass Michael Myers ever.

Ahhhhhh Balir Witch, that movie really pissed me off, tricking us all in the end! I have to admit I was freaked out prior to learning the B.S. side of the story!

I think that movie costed around $200,000 and grossed over a hundred mill or something.

I think Blair witch is either 20 or 30,000 in budget. It's really low and it made all that money while borrowing the premise from Cannibal Holocaust.

Back