Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever the cause, I was let down; I had hopes when I saw a veteran who had directed the best of the sequels was coming back, but it didn't pan out.

That is exactly the same thoughts and feelings I had about it.

And I thought it was utterly pathetic how they wrote themselves out free and clear from the perfect ending to Laurie Strode's character arc in H20, which was a fitting conclusion to Halloween and Halloween 2.

He did alright with Halloween 2, but whatever helped him to do well with that film was lost between H2 and Resurrection.

In Carpenters book it states that pretty much all the good stuff in Halloween 2 was stuff that John shot himself. Here's the excerpt on that. Also keep in mind that Rosenthal directed the TV sequel to Hitch****'s the Birds... which was as horrid as you can imagine.

https://centurysendsavior.com/CarpenterHalloweenQuote.jpg

In Carpenters book it states that pretty much all the good stuff in Halloween 2 was stuff that John shot himself. Here's the excerpt on that. Also keep in mind that Rosenthal directed the TV sequel to Hitch****'s the Birds... which was as horrid as you can imagine.

https://centurysendsavior.com/CarpenterHalloweenQuote.jpg

Interesting, thanks for sharing that, I only knew enough to connect Rosenthal to H2 and like I said, that sequel, while not as good as the first, was still a good film, and as far as the story goes, having H1, H2, and H20 stand as a trilogy story would have been best, especially when the Myers story was supposed to go on and the last chapter failed. I think the biggest downfall of the Halloween series, which I love and is my favorite but that doesn't changed that it's flawed, is that the sequels all seem to be random decided upon. H1 and H2 were made and it was decided that Michael would be gone. They attempted another film on the same name with a Halloween premise, and it failed. They knew the sucess of Halloween movies was Michael Myers, so they wanted to make another film and went that way, but due to probably JLC's lack of interest coming back, they went off on a new story line with the whole Thor curse plot, which was weak and after 3 films, died. The best sequel decision was to have a 20th anniversary special, it was a solid story, the tone was very reminescent of the original, the arc of Laurie was nice and fitting. That should have been the end, but amidst the Freddy and Jason splurge at the start of the millenium, they felt Michael had more story, so they brought him back but once again attempted to move on from Laurie and attempted to introduce a new heroine. Ultimately, as I think about Halloween typing this out, I think that Michael Myers is not a sequel character. The original Halloween premise was the boogie man stalks and kills baby sitters with no rational rhyme or reason, and Michael Myers and The Shape were simply names and visuals to give a sense of reality to the boogie man, and Carpenter ended the film to leave the audience with a sense the Myers was a force, not a person. I think that's why sequel attempts have failed; you need a personality and a sort of rationality to justify continual killing by these monsters, but the force which Michael stood for is a very worldly thing and it could strike in other ways than what Michael did, so that concept was lost and abandoned for sequels and that's why the original will always stand so well.

I'd go after some of the movie cash cept I own every one of them on DVD already and I don't have Blu-Ray or HD player so no point buying the upgrades just yet.

With all the movie-cash re-releases going on, did they happen to make a Halloween 6 with anamorphic transfer?

I got my Movie Cash to go see Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN!:winkpumpk

It it is inside some of the HALLOWEEN DVDS when you buy them for now!!!!:rock

:D Same! I recently bought the 25th anniversary "Bonus Material" 2 disc set, Halloween and Evil Dead. I am taking my brother and nephew so I now have 3 coupons worth almost $33 total.

Makes sense to me.

Agreed! I heard it was way better than the original version. Hell even on the bonus material they (can't remember who) mentions why they haven't released such an edition yet.

:confused:

The "producers" cut is better but it's really not better by much. That movie is more annoying than most. I still can't believe they wouldn't hire Danielle Harris to reprise the role of Jaime because they didn't want to pay her the 10 grand she asked for.

Now that's sad. Penny pinchers.

The "producers" cut is better but it's really not better by much. That movie is more annoying than most. I still can't believe they wouldn't hire Danielle Harris to reprise the role of Jaime because they didn't want to pay her the 10 grand she asked for.

Now that's sad. Penny pinchers.

Wow, and that's not even a lot of money, and look at her now, doing another Halloween and even showing off her goods. Definitely would have liked H6 better with Danielle in it, but for how short-lived the Jamie character was in it, it doesn't make a huge difference.

I have a VHS bootleg of the producer's cut. It is better (but as stated above, not by much), and would like it to be released on DVD some day. I'm not sure why it hasn't yet.

It'll probably always be available on bootleg only as Dimension apparently has no interest in releasing that cut.

Workprint:cool: Suppose to be quite brutal!

Originally posted by darkhorizons.com

This leak is more interesting in that it's the film's 'work print,' the version shown to test audiences back in June which was panned and lead to a rushed week of reshooting to change the ending and "beef up" the gore quotient (allegedly six more deaths were added in).

Not only does it imply somebody in the production process leaked it (rather than exhibitors or audience members with cameras), but also gives insight into the test screening process as to what about the film has been changed.

Right off the bat for example, the 'sample clip' being offered with the torrent shows off a disgustingly brutal gang rape by guards on a female prisoner in front of Michael. It's a scene that is non-existent in the final film in theatres, replaced by a thankfully tamer 'escape scene'.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070828i.php

Last edited:
I'm starting to watch the leaked version now. :chew

It's starting to pop up all over the place. I'll be seeing this one in the theatres regardless, but I can't wait :lol

im listening to some ofthe dialogue on the soundtrack. so far im not that impressed. hopefully im just over a nalyzing it and all will be fine come friday when i go to see it.

Dude you need to remove that. Your not allowed to post links to movies, especially ones that arent released. Its against board policies. :eek:

Back