RIP Ron Glass

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeesh. Too many great artists have passed this year. Just sad. Cannot wait until this stupidass year is over.

Yeesh. Too many great artists have passed this year. Just sad. Cannot wait until this stupidass year is over.

I doubt that next year will be any better. All the people that we admired when we were younger are getting up there in age, though it seems to me that so many are dying years before their time. What happened to this "we're living longer" nonsense. Sure doesn't seem that way.

Man, this is depressing. Love Firefly, it's my favorite show ever and Ron Glass always seemed like a pleasant, kind man in interviews. God bless him and his family.

Sad news. :( Glad I got the chance to meet him and get a signed pic when almost the entire cast was in Dallas a few years ago. He was really nice and took the time to talk for a bit to each person that came to his table. Man, the losses in 2016 have been brutal.

Sad news. :( Glad I got the chance to meet him and get a signed pic when almost the entire cast was in Dallas a few years ago. He was really nice and took the time to talk for a bit to each person that came to his table. Man, the losses in 2016 have been brutal.

That's amazing! It's definitely a cherished memory for you now that he's gone.

That is awesome! I always hoped theyd make one more Firefly movie centered around where he really came from, with him acting in flashbacks. Like maybe it was someone else that killed him etc. They made comics- guess I gotta read them. First thing I ever saw him in was Houseguest with Sinbad. Lost Phil Hartman also from that movie. Havent even seen Sinbad around in a million years, hope hes doin good.

That is awesome! I always hoped theyd make one more Firefly movie centered around where he really came from, with him acting in flashbacks. Like maybe it was someone else that killed him etc. They made comics- guess I gotta read them. First thing I ever saw him in was Houseguest with Sinbad. Lost Phil Hartman also from that movie. Havent even seen Sinbad around in a million years, hope hes doin good.

Definitely read Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale. It's written by Joss and Zach Whedon and gives a decent look at Book's past. It's a good story but still leaves you wanting more. I'm always surprised that there haven't been more books and comics based on Firefly. Seems a shame to leave so many potential stories untold.

He was on an episode of Good Times were he played a blind encyclopedia salesman who turned out to be a con man. Great episode.

And I didn't see anyone mention his work as Sgt Harris.

Definitely read Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale. It's written by Joss and Zach Whedon and gives a decent look at Book's past. It's a good story but still leaves you wanting more. I'm always surprised that there haven't been more books and comics based on Firefly. Seems a shame to leave so many potential stories untold.

I'll give it a shot, just gotta find the time- its been disappearing lately

need to read that, but not a fan of more open ended stories where he is involved. Just wanna know what his past was and that's it..
Sad to see him go, really seemed like one of those great kind souls.

Back