RIP Ray Harryhausen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I somehow missed this... Such a bummer. I love Ray Harryhausen. I love his films and I love the man himself. Not just a great F/X artist but a great story teller (through his work).

I brought my boys up on his films as I believe it is important to see those films before they watch the more modern FX. Funny thing is. My kids imagination have always been more captured by Rays work then ILM or Weta.

RIP Ray!

Well, I was going to do a Ray Harryhausen appreciation thread, but I see there's already one about him. Sadly, it's on his Passing.

My personal favorite is Jason and the Argonauts.

Rest in peace Mr. Harryhausen. Your contribution to cinematograph was phenomenal.

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, The Eye of the Tiger and Clash of the Titans will always be my favorite.

Yep - the original COTT is still brilliant - as well as the other two RIDDICK mentioned. :rock

The Sam Worthington remake was embarrassing - not even Qui-Gon could save it. :monkey4

I've got J&TA too, but still need to get 7thVOS. :monkey2

Yep - the original COTT is still brilliant - as well as the other two RIDDICK mentioned. :rock

The Sam Worthington remake was embarrassing - not even Qui-Gon could save it. :monkey4

I've got J&TA too, but still need to get 7thVOS. :monkey2

I remember being so blown away and scared by TALOS!

talos-in-jason-and-the-argonauts.jpg

Rest in peace Mr. Harryhausen. Your contribution to cinematograph was phenomenal.

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, The Eye of the Tiger and Clash of the Titans will always be my favorite.

Funny, those are literally my thee favorites as well. The blue dragon vs. the Cyclops in 7th Voyage was beyond epic back in the day and many years since.

cyclopsvsdragon.jpg

Mighty joe young, first men on the moon, Mysterious Island, Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Seventh voyage of Sinbad, it came from beneath the sea, the beast from 20,000 fathoms ,one million BC, 20 million miles to earth, The three worlds of Gullivers, earth vs the flying saucers,Jason and the Argonauts, those are my favorites saw 1/2 of em in the theater

Last edited:
Back