RIP Irvin Kershner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, if only Lucas had let him make the other movies...Irvin was a master story teller. I will miss him greatly. Now hurry up George and produce some more crap to sell toys.

Wow, I came back to SSF as soon as I heard about this. I can't believe it. :(

And to think that Irvin Kershner was one of George Lucas's film professors...

Not only is Irvin behind Empire Strikes back, but in a huge way he made George Lucas the man he is today.

George Lucas may have created Star Wars, but Irvin Kershner helped to create George Lucas, and so if Lucas is the father of Starwars, in a way Irvin Kershner is the Grandfather of Star Wars.

I recently saw a painting by Norman Rockwell from George Lucas's personal collection called 'The Shadow Artist.' I think it fits so well as a memorial to Kershner, as the painting is all about telling a story, and he has done just that.

1920-02-07-The-Country-Gentleman-Norman-Rockwell-cover-Shadow-Artist-no-logo-400.jpg

sigh. terrible news. empire is among my favourite films of all time. and i am probably one of the few who loved robocop 2. :monkey2

the force will be with u always, mr kershner.

Thanks for Making the Most Awesome Episode of Star Wars~
You Deserve an Eternity of Peaceful Rest~

Back