RIP George Steinbrenner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaMelnik

Super Freak
Reaction score
I may be a Yankee hater but to think of the Yankees without Steinbrenner around is unheard of. The man changed the game and will be missed.

RIP George.

RESPECT

I'm a Red Sox fan and I gotta say without him our rivalry with the Yankees would've been a lot less interesting. Got to give respect to the man, RIP George.

As a Yankee fan, RIP George. He might have been many things, but he was an amazing businessman, turned a 8 million dollar investment into a multi Billion dollar Empire.

Being a lifelong Yankees fan... this truly saddens me.

I cannot remember a time without George at the helm.

Through the worst times to the best... he was the man... coming from total opposite side of business to make this Empire what it is today.

Much respect. R.I.P. sir.

I am neither a baseball nor Yankee fan however, George Steinbrenner is a name that transends sports.

RIP to an icon and Yankee fans :1-1:

Another Sox fan chiming in.

Every year the Red Sox hold a telethon for the Jimmy Fund, which is working to cure kids of cancer. It's a great organization. Every year, George Steinbrenner would call in and donate a ton of money. I suppose this all one needs to know about the guy. Some things went beyond Sox-Yankees and GS, could differentiate.

RIP George.

I was shocked, but not surprised, he was a great asset to baseball and helped build what it is baseball today especially as many said the legendary Yankee/Red Sox rivalry

RIP

As a Yankees fan, I feel saddened by the lost of two great Yankees this week. Personally I want to thank George for making the Yankees bigger and better....

RIP and God Bless you George...Thank you...

I should note that as much as people vilified him during his reign, I would have loved for him to be the owner of my sports team.

I think this sums it up best. Every fan would kill to have their favorite franchise be owned by him.

RIP.

PS. I hate that this now gives that extra bit of motivation to the Yankees. :gah:

Back