RIP Bill Paxton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Star Wars nucleus was broken and now the "James Cameron nucleus" lost a charter member as well. Very sad, especially before his time. It ain't half fair.

Hey, the guy on the right looks like the dad from Twisted Sister's We're Not Gonna Take It video!

No, but he is kinda famous....he played the guy in X-files who had that silver needle thing and was trying to kill all Aliens.....
He has been in a few things...

The guy in the video os from the movie Animal House. That video and other TS videos are a tribute to that film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Star Wars nucleus was broken and now the "James Cameron nucleus" lost a charter member as well. Very sad, especially before his time. It ain't half fair.

We still have these to witness:

Lucas
Spielberg
Williams
Eastwood
Ford
Nicholson
Shatner
Stan Lee
West
Burton
Schwarzenegger
Stallone
Hanks
Hamill
Weaver
Weller
Keaton
Willis
Douglas
Burt Reynolds
Devito
Hamilton
Biehn

Lets just start there, imagine a world without those, yikes!

Honesly only modern actors that would really suck for me if they drop would be the LOTR primary cast, RDJ, Evans and Tobey and maybe a few more stragglers here and there.

I could care less when Vin Diesel or the Rock goes though, i'm not having a FF marathon weekend. :lol

Last edited:
Bill Paxton passing is like losing a piece of my movie enjoyment experience. Like 90% of movies I love have him in it!

RIP Mr. Bill Paxton, God bless you and your family.

Last edited:
We still have these to witness:

Lucas
Spielberg
Williams
Eastwood
Ford
Nicholson
Shatner
Stan Lee
West
Burton
Schwarzenegger
Stallone
Hanks
Hamill
Weaver
Weller
Keaton
Willis
Douglas
Burt Reynolds
Devito
Hamilton
Biehn

Lets just start there, imagine a world without those, yikes!

Honesly only modern actors that would really suck for me if they drop would be the LOTR primary cast, RDJ, Evans and Tobey and maybe a few more stragglers here and there.

Yeah. James Earl Jones, Gibson, Russell, and Peter Jackson too. Some hard goodbyes in the years ahead. Hopefully not very soon.

It must be sad to see your whole era disappear into history. But it happens to all if you live long enough...

...or you see yourself become the villain. Like Two-Face.... or Lucas.

This is so unexpected.
Bill Paxton was in almost every movie that was a major part of my youth, Terminator, Weird Science, Aliens, Predator 2, Navy Seals, True Lies, Twister, Tombstone, the man just made any movie he was in that much better. He had some great performances and great quotable lines. Aliens is my absolute favorite film and he was such a huge part of that movie, it's going to be hard to watch it now. Last year was the 30th anniversary for Aliens and watching the SDCC panel online last summer, Bill still had so much enthusiasm and energy that it's hard to believe he's gone.

RIP Bill.

It wasn't too late they had all day to add him. They mentioned Ken Adam the legendary Bond production designer but not Guy Hamilton who directed 4 Bond films. I mean the memoriam people have one job to do.

They showed a picture of a lady who is alive LOL.

They also did not mention Gary Shandling, Miguel Ferrer, and Robert Vaughn, one of the Magnificent Seven who was also Nominated in 1959 for a Academy Award for best supporting actor in The Young Philadelphians. They fail at the in Memoriam every year.

No, but he is kinda famous....he played the guy in X-files who had that silver needle thing and was trying to kill all Aliens.....
He has been in a few things...

The guy in the video os from the movie Animal House. That video and other TS videos are a tribute to that film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight! :)

Man, this guy was able to steal even the smallest scenes of any movie he was in. He had a ton of charisma. And although I immediately think of Hudson from Aliens when I think of him, he was in a ton of movies, and was great in all of them. He was like a Renaissance man of genre films, and had a very successful career in mainstream films as well. And it seemed like he wasn't slowing down at all. At 61, we lost him far too early.

A nice video of Conan talking about Bill Paxton.

[video]https://eachvideo.com/watch?v=XDWOQXgJwW4[/video]

Back