Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Yea, it sounds like he is trying to bypass the local retailer.

Which as a consumer you are legally allowed to. I.e. If you buy a Microsoft device from a retailer that fails under warranty, Microsoft cannot refuse to help you directly.

Sideshow refusing to help are in breach of consumer law, that's my point.

You're entitled to buy whatever you want from whoever you want. All I'm saying is that I've been dealing with Sideshow since 2003 and the only product I have an uneasy feeling about is the Black Rider. I'm talking about at least 100+ statues, etc over that time. They are one of the better companies I've ever dealt with. But feel free to join the Sideshow Sucks Facebook page or the Sideshow's horrible petition. This is only my personal opinion and experience.

You're entitled to buy whatever you want from whoever you want. All I'm saying is that I've been dealing with Sideshow since 2003 and the only product I have an uneasy feeling about is the Black Rider. I'm talking about at least 100+ statues, etc over that time. They are one of the better companies I've ever dealt with. But feel free to join the Sideshow Sucks Facebook page or the Sideshow's horrible petition. This is only my personal opinion and experience.

With all due respect. Just because you have chosen to be loyal to Sideshow does not change anything about their below average customer service and horrible QC (coupled with slowly inflating prices for less statue). I also find it hard to believe that a hardcore collector like yourself has only had issues with ONE statue out of hundreds. No offense, but that reeks of BS!

I don't have Facebook and I don't join 'groups'. I give credit where credits due and I constructively criticize when I believe its warranted. I will leave it at that as I don't want to drag this thread further OT.

I've received statues with unpainted pieces, brush bristles and fingerprints stuck in the paint, scrapes and flakes, etc. There's only I think two SS collectibles I own that don't have any defects.

Seeing the leg cracking issues on this $800 piece and the $2000 Wolf LSF make me sick. No one should have to worry about something like that. At least you're getting a refund.

They've become a shady and greedy company. It is what it is. Never be afraid to show disappointment and constructive criticism for a collectible. As a customer, it's your right to do so and you may end up saving an unsuspecting buyer his money.

Finally got an exclusive can't wait to display him, I wasn't going to get one due to the leg issues but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Finally got an exclusive can't wait to display him, I wasn't going to get one due to the leg issues but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Yea, this PF is too good to pass up worrying about a problem that may and probably won't ever come. SS should do something though for those affected people.

Yea, this PF is too good to pass up worrying about a problem that may and probably won't ever come. SS should do something though for those affected people.

Disagree with this and its irresponsible or you to try and cover up such a major issue. Its been well documented that this issue is due to an inherent structural design flaw with the statue. Everyone concerned should refer to pages 410 onwards of this thread.

Some peoples lean more than others but the lean is there due to SS not taking steps to ensure correct and equal weight distribution of the rider. Even worse, not everyone's statue has 2 pegs (one on both hooves). My statue only had one peg. The crack on mine started off small then became larger.

There is far too much weight placed on one leg (which is hollow). Knowing this, its clear the statue will not stand the test of time and makes it a MASSIVE gamble to buy the statue and keep it for a prolonged period. Also keep in mind, not everyone who has the cracking issue will know they have it and not everyone who had the issue and returned their piece posts on this forum. My guess is this issue is much more common than this thread indicates.

Not sure about others but even if I got one without a crack, knowing there's a chance it could develop one would take away all joy of owning it! Just another case of SS stuffing up and screwing its customers!

Well, that's it then...

ch7.jpg
:lol

Seriously though, for anyone who already has this there's not a helluva lot you can do at this point. Mine's been bought, paid for and displayed for two years now with no issues (though I check the legs every so often).

Last edited:

mine cracked after three weeks on display, the second is perfect it has been on display for two years with no signs of cracks
the issue with mine was the peg on his tail it didn't fit properly . it pushed all the weight of the horse to the left that was the cause of the crack on mine, also another sign is a gap between the right hoof and base. if the pegs fit properly on the base as show in the picture that i posted yours should be fine.

IMG_1063.JPG

With all due respect. Just because you have chosen to be loyal to Sideshow does not change anything about their below average customer service and horrible QC (coupled with slowly inflating prices for less statue). I also find it hard to believe that a hardcore collector like yourself has only had issues with ONE statue out of hundreds. No offense, but that reeks of BS!

I don't have Facebook and I don't join 'groups'. I give credit where credits due and I constructively criticize when I believe its warranted. I will leave it at that as I don't want to drag this thread further OT.

If you read what I said it's that the DROM is the only statue I have an uneasy feeling about. In regards to having issues, again, if you actually read what I posted it was that I have had issues with some items but the issues were handled to my satisfaction by customer service. But I'm not trying to change your mind, plenty of others share your opinion. Sideshow isn't perfect but they've done ok by me. And for the record just because I don't share your disdain for Sideshow it doesn't mean I'm blindly loyal. As a matter of fact since they're not doing any more LOTR PF's, I won't be buying any more things from them. So by all means, hate away, Sideshow produces expensive crap and they should die and go to hell.

If you read what I said it's that the DROM is the only statue I have an uneasy feeling about. In regards to having issues, again, if you actually read what I posted it was that I have had issues with some items but the issues were handled to my satisfaction by customer service. But I'm not trying to change your mind, plenty of others share your opinion. Sideshow isn't perfect but they've done ok by me. And for the record just because I don't share your disdain for Sideshow it doesn't mean I'm blindly loyal. As a matter of fact since they're not doing any more LOTR PF's, I won't be buying any more things from them. So by all means, hate away, Sideshow produces expensive crap and they should die and go to hell.
He's had problems with all of his statues from SS, and he's paying a lot of money for them. He's rightfully disappointed and voicing his disappointment. He certainly hasn't said anything like "Sideshow should die and go to hell". :cuckoo:

Just because he has justified complaints doesn't mean he's an irrational hater.

Disagree with this and its irresponsible or you to try and cover up such a major issue. Its been well documented that this issue is due to an inherent structural design flaw with the statue. Everyone concerned should refer to pages 410 onwards of this thread.

Some peoples lean more than others but the lean is there due to SS not taking steps to ensure correct and equal weight distribution of the rider. Even worse, not everyone's statue has 2 pegs (one on both hooves). My statue only had one peg. The crack on mine started off small then became larger.

There is far too much weight placed on one leg (which is hollow). Knowing this, its clear the statue will not stand the test of time and makes it a MASSIVE gamble to buy the statue and keep it for a prolonged period. Also keep in mind, not everyone who has the cracking issue will know they have it and not everyone who had the issue and returned their piece posts on this forum. My guess is this issue is much more common than this thread indicates.

Not sure about others but even if I got one without a crack, knowing there's a chance it could develop one would take away all joy of owning it! Just another case of SS stuffing up and screwing its customers!
Who is trying to "cover up" the problem? You obviously did not even take your own advice about reading the thread, I was the one who posted in the ask SS section when the first ones appeared. It has not been documented what the problem is, only speculation that I have seen. I still have yet to see one fall or develop anything other than cosmetic issues. No product is perfect, and until I see a steady stream of cracks/falls I stick with what I said.

We are probably not getting another Nazgul in PF form so there is not much choice if you want a complete lineup and the odds seem to be in favor of the majority being ok. I hope it stays that way, only time will tell.

Who is trying to "cover up" the problem? You obviously did not even take your own advice about reading the thread, I was the one who posted in the ask SS section when the first ones appeared. It has not been documented what the problem is, only speculation that I have seen. I still have yet to see one fall or develop anything other than cosmetic issues. No product is perfect, and until I see a steady stream of cracks/falls I stick with what I said.

We are probably not getting another Nazgul in PF form so there is not much choice if you want a complete lineup and the odds seem to be in favor of the majority being ok. I hope it stays that way, only time will tell.

I have read your comments in this thread and what started off as a list of 5+ cases was changed to 3 by yourself (misinformation). That doesn't include all the cases of people who haven't reported their issues on this forum. The problem has been clearly documented multiple times. The statue has an innate lean due to improper weight balance. Your comments in this thread have slowly changed from "concern" to "who cares", which I think is wrong. It seems you are trying to dilute the issue to falsely reassure yourself that the statue does not have a structural design flaw.

I find it ridiculous that you believe deep cracks in a hollow polystone leg are "cosmetic issues". You are kidding yourself and others on the forum if you believe that. Buying a statue because there may not be another like it is a bad reason to buy. You buy so you can enjoy a statue day in and day out without worry about it having a critical design flaw, developing a weakness and potentially collapsing in future. Given the price of this statue, having this design flaw ship from factory is completely unacceptable. Not to mention the randomness with one or two pegs on the hooves it sounds like Sideshow attempted to quietly resolve the flaw without informing the public (people still had issues even with two pegs).

Mine is perfect, no leg issue

mine cracked after three weeks on display, the second is perfect it has been on display for two years with no signs of cracks
the issue with mine was the peg on his tail it didn't fit properly . it pushed all the weight of the horse to the left that was the cause of the crack on mine, also another sign is a gap between the right hoof and base. if the pegs fit properly on the base as show in the picture that i posted yours should be fine.

View attachment 173959

That's a big IF and this essentially means buying this statue is like gambling. Hoping that there is no weight distribution problem (even if there isn't. Who knows whether it will stand the test of time). Sorry but as a consumer, you shouldn't have to buy a product and hope it isn't faulty (getting perfect tail and hoof balance).

I have read your comments in this thread and what started off as a list of 10+ cases was changed to 3 by yourself (misinformation). That doesn't include all the cases of people who haven't reported their issues on this forum. The problem has been clearly documented multiple times. The statue has an innate lean due to improper weight balance. Your comments in this thread have slowly changed from "concern" to "who cares", which I think is wrong. It seems you are trying to dilute the issue to falsely reassure yourself that the statue does not have a structural design flaw.

I find it ridiculous that you believe deep cracks in a hollow polystone leg are "cosmetic issues". You are kidding yourself and others on the forum if you believe that. Buying a statue because there may not be another like it is a bad reason to buy. You buy so you can enjoy a statue day in and day out without worry about it having a critical design flaw, developing a weakness and potentially collapsing in future. Given the price of this statue, having this design flaw ship from factory is completely unacceptable. Not to mention the randomness with one or two pegs on the hooves it sounds like Sideshow attempted to quietly resolve the flaw without informing the public (people still had issues even with two pegs).
You need some reading comprehension. Who said I have a "who cares" attitude or there were only 3 cases? Maybe back when there WERE only 3 or so reported cases. I said buy it knowing it may happen and deal with it, your call. May happen, may not. You act like the sky is falling. I don't see a design flaw with a handful out of a thousand cracking. It is cosmetic until I see one fall, until then it is just that, cosmetic. If it was structural cracks all the way through they would be falling left and right and as of today I have not heard of a single one doing that. Not saying they won't but I want to see proof before I tell people to avoid at all costs like you are. Until then I stand by what I said, know the risk and make up your own mind.

Back