Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

That's a big IF and this essentially means buying this statue is like gambling. Hoping that there is no weight distribution problem (even if there isn't. Who knows whether it will stand the test of time). Sorry but as a consumer, you shouldn't have to buy a product and hope it isn't faulty (getting perfect tail and hoof balance).

That is a risk with ANY Sideshow statue, half or better of the ones I get are broken or parts don't fit out of the box. They have been good overall with sorting the problems, at least for me.

You need some reading comprehension. Who said I have a "who cares" attitude or there were only 3 cases? Maybe back when there WERE only 3 or so reported cases. I said buy it knowing it may happen and deal with it, your call. May happen, may not. You act like the sky is falling. I don't see a design flaw with a handful out of a thousand cracking. It is cosmetic until I see one fall, until then it is just that, cosmetic. If it was structural cracks all the way through they would be falling left and right and as of today I have not heard of a single one doing that. Not saying they won't but I want to see proof before I tell people to avoid at all costs like you are. Until then I stand by what I said, know the risk and make up your own mind.

There were actually more than 3 reported at that stage.
Saying that a handful out of a thousand cracking is an assumption. You're assuming that every person with a cracked statue has discovered it already AND has posted their issue here. Your logic makes no sense.

I am simply stating that unless you have a perfect tripod balance for this statue (highly unlikely) then you're already prone to the statue developing structural weakness over time. The statue has shipped with inconsistencies in weight distribution and buyers should know that buying one is a gamble. Even if you get a seemingly good one, cracks are still very possible. It makes no sense to have a heavy object balanced on three hollow parts. At least the Wolf predator had a metal rod reinforcing the legs (even then cracks still developed).

That is a risk with ANY Sideshow statue, half or better of the ones I get are broken or parts don't fit out of the box. They have been good overall with sorting the problems, at least for me.

If you're satisfied with a greater than 50% defective rate. Then I am sorry, your standards must be ridiculously low in general and you must be used to buying low quality products.

If you're satisfied with a greater than 50% defective rate. Then I am sorry, your standards must be ridiculously low in general and you must be used to buying low quality products.

There we go with the stellar reading skills again. I said they sorted out the problems.

There we go with the stellar reading skills again. I said they sorted out the problems.

That's not the point, and the fact that you're missing the MAIN focus of my argument shows that your standards for quality are incredibly low.

Doesn't it occur to you that if Sideshow are cutting corners on QC and allowing these design issues to be passed onto the customer that they are manufacturing these things at the lowest possible cost with very little priority placed on customer experience? If they are cutting corners on fundamental structural design, who knows how many more statues have issues just like this one that are waiting to be discovered? By standing by their horrible QC, you are supporting Sideshow's spiral into degrading quality and focus on profits above all else.

I was incredibly stressed and frustrated to discover this defect 2 months after I bought my statue. This was after spending hours setting mucking around with the robes to get them perfectly how I wanted and believing the statue would be in my collection for many years. There could be HUNDREDS of customers with this issue and do not know about it simply because they are not signed up to this forum and haven't read this thread. Your naivety at believing that only people with the issue are posting in this thread is astounding. I've lost HOURS going back and forth with my local retailer and Sideshow explaining to them the issues I've had with their statues. I've had to smash up one of my statues as well (which was a bloody annoying experience). This is hours of lost time and frustration spent trying to get a refund, hours I cannot get back and hours that are not "refunded". In fact I've had no official communication from Sideshow about this issue after emailing them numerous times. My local retailer initially didn't believe this cracked leg issue was a defect. I had to write up lengthy emails with photos to finally persuade them.

I then had the issue of transporting this massive statue (DROM) to a post office that would accept something of its size (two local post offices would not accept the statue). More lost time and frustration.

Its not rocket science that if a company is letting these things go without noticing them from the factory, then there are fundamental problems with how the company operates and what they believe is acceptable quality. 3 out of 3 Sideshow statues I have bought have had major defects upon delivery. There is no excuse for that whatsoever. There is no way in hell I would risk going through the frustration above by getting a replacement DROM and others should know the reality of what they're getting themselves into by purchasing the DROM.

What you are writing is not news to most here or SS collectors in general. Your arguments are based on the same small sample size as mine are based off. "hundreds" may have issues, come on man, and you say I make assumptions. How many multi-billion dollar companies have major problems all the time, nobody is perfect and SS may still address the issue(or at least they should, especially in the unlikely event it gets any worse). You are blowing this way out of proportion and trying to use it as something more than it is to attack SS as a whole because they caused you "HOURS" of hassle, which wow, how terrible. I don't appreciate lower quality recently by SS and some days I feel the same, but your ranting is kind of overkill.

What you are writing is not news to most here or SS collectors in general. Your arguments are based on the same small sample size as mine are based off. "hundreds" may have issues, come on man, and you say I make assumptions. How many multi-billion dollar companies have major problems all the time, nobody is perfect and SS may still address the issue(or at least they should, especially in the unlikely event it gets any worse). You are blowing this way out of proportion and trying to use it as something more than it is to attack SS as a whole because they caused you "HOURS" of hassle, which wow, how terrible. I don't appreciate lower quality recently by SS and some days I feel the same, but your ranting is kind of overkill.

I don't believe I'm blowing this out of proportion. Sideshow is NOT a multi-billion dollar company, they are FAR FAR from that. Terrible analogy.

SS have NOT addressed the issue, as I purchased my DROM only months ago. My time is as precious as the next persons, and SS should not be putting its customers through so much frustration. I've never, ever experienced such a high rate of defective products with any other company I've ever purchased from. DROM was a particularly nasty experience given the amount of money it cost me and the stress and frustration of discovering the defect after owning it for a couple of months.

I find it amazing that collector's like yourselves buy so many SS products and accept such a low standard of quality (regardless of whether you are given a refund or replacement).

Anyway, I am just lucky to get a refund for all my dramas and am moving on with my life. I will no longer be posting on this forum (as I will no longer be purchasing from Sideshow).

To the rest of you, you have been warned. Good luck and godspeed.

Of course they are not a multi-billion dollar company, the analogy was SS WITH a billion dollar company, saying that even they have problems(GM, Toyota, etc...) with all their resources. If I did not buy products based on the fact that I may have a problem I would never buy anything. Even the higher end stuff has issues. 1st world problems dude, some people have real problems. Be glad this is the only stuff that gives you the stress and frustration and take it easy.

Sideshow Dont care...Even with them cutting huge corners on products with zero quality standards. They will always make millions and millions every year. Biggest collectible company on the planet.

Seems all companies are cutting corners, just when technology has advanced to make sculpts better. Here is my brand new Weta Rivendell that really has me peeved. Clearly the green paint guy was pissed that day. All the green is done this way. Entire trees trunks and all covered in thick green paint. IMG_8115.jpg

But to the DROM's issues, this is why I won't buy the piece. I tend to believe in the smoke and fire theory when it comes to issues like this. I think its mostly a matter of time for all of these to crack because they weren't engineered correctly. We are seeing leaning issues on other pieces as well and any tendency in a piece seems to amplify over time. Then again, this isn't new to SS. Lots of older Weta piece have known issues with cracking. Ironically the original RWOS has a front left cracking issue, original balrog has many issues, etc.

He's had problems with all of his statues from SS, and he's paying a lot of money for them. He's rightfully disappointed and voicing his disappointment. He certainly hasn't said anything like "Sideshow should die and go to hell". :cuckoo:

Just because he has justified complaints doesn't mean he's an irrational hater.

So when I say I'm satisfied with my dealings with Sideshow it's BS but someone has problems with "ALL" statues from Sideshow...

So justified complaints don't equate to irrational hater but justified compliments equate to me being loyal to Sideshow...

I'm going to bow out of this conversation with these final thoughts. I've had my DROM for almost two years now and a crack hasn't formed and it hasn't fallen. But because of the design/lean/weight and reported issues, it makes me uncomfortable. If you have a DROM that has the cracking issue you shouldn't be happy about it and take the appropriate steps to get it resolved/replaced/refund. And with that, I'm out. If my DROM develops a crack or falls, I'll be back in the thread with photos for all to enjoy.

I have said in other threads that I think people are a little to accommodating when to forcing pegs into bases or uses heat to get the piece to sit. This to me is asking for cracking in the legs later on. So maybe with DROM those with cracks had less than perfect before upon arrival. It's sometimes hard to tell what an acceptable tolerance is.

So when I say I'm satisfied with my dealings with Sideshow it's BS but someone has problems with "ALL" statues from Sideshow...

So justified complaints don't equate to irrational hater but justified compliments equate to me being loyal to Sideshow...
Whether you've had good or bad experiences with Sideshow, you've been on the aggressive and accusatory side with this guy since he said he was done buying from Sideshow, before you started quoting each other. That's likely why he thinks you're blindly loyal to Sideshow.

Whether you've had good or bad experiences with Sideshow, you've been on the aggressive and accusatory side with this guy since he said he was done buying from Sideshow, before you started quoting each other. That's likely why he thinks you're blindly loyal to Sideshow.

I guess I'm not out. :lol You might want to read your own posts before accusing someone else of being aggressive and accusatory...

I've received statues with unpainted pieces, brush bristles and fingerprints stuck in the paint, scrapes and flakes, etc. There's only I think two SS collectibles I own that don't have any defects.

Seeing the leg cracking issues on this $800 piece and the $2000 Wolf LSF make me sick. No one should have to worry about something like that. At least you're getting a refund.

They've become a shady and greedy company. It is what it is. Never be afraid to show disappointment and constructive criticism for a collectible. As a customer, it's your right to do so and you may end up saving an unsuspecting buyer his money.

Also, you might want to go back to around post 4517 and reread from there before implying that this all started by me being aggressive.

Again, it sucks getting a statue that's damaged expensive or not so I have no issue with that. I'm merely trying to provide and alternate view of Sideshow that's not as bleak as some view it to be.

For the record, I hold no hard feelings, it's just forum talk, it's not personal. :peace

^Can you post pics?

Frankly, I am just waiting for a cheaper / cracked one to go up for sale, for a fix-em-up project.\

I have gotten a few rarer, more expensive pieces for a decent discount due to damage.

Frankly, I am just waiting for a cheaper / cracked one to go up for sale, for a fix-em-up project.\

I have gotten a few rarer, more expensive pieces for a decent discount due to damage.

Yah, that's not a bad mindset at all. I do that a lot with og car parts. Same can be applied to this and if the end product is the exact same or better, no harm no foul. Even museum prices need restoration at some point.

Do it, when my DROM leg cracked I Mixed some quality epoxy paste together filled in the crack its the same now.

Back