Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

He did fit in my Detolf (had to remove one glass plate) BUT for me only in a way I didn't want it presented.

EDIT: Ex Version with the sword def. won't fit into a Detolf

Awesome piece this staute. What do these things go for now? Saw the cheapest on Ebay for around 750$. Is that where they sell for now?

Wishing I hadn't broken and sold mine. Waiting around for a good deal on the EX but it's also one of the latter PFs I feel the need to get.

Awesome piece this staute. What do these things go for now? Saw the cheapest on Ebay for around 750$. Is that where they sell for now?

That is pretty close. They are sold out now, so don't expect a steal on one anymore.

Got a question for everyone. My DROM has a crack on one of the legs which I filled with some very strong super glue. There is a tiny bit of discoloration as per these pics:
wee - Album on Imgur

Do you think its worth returning this piece? I have no idea whether there is reinforcement inside the leg or whether its hollow and could snap completely. I'm almost certain the retailer (Popcultcha) will not offer me a replacement (only a refund).

Problem is, I've only noticed this issue after roughly 2 months. Would you attempt to return and get a full refund or live with it?
Need some opinions!

Thanks

I haven't seen a crack in mine but I can't shake this uneasy feeling that one day I'm going the come home from work and see it in pieces on the floor. I'm just not comfortable with the way it's supported.

I haven't seen a crack in mine but I can't shake this uneasy feeling that one day I'm going the come home from work and see it in pieces on the floor. I'm just not comfortable with the way it's supported.
I am sure it has metal reinforcement, so it won't fall/completely break. Just cosmetic.

It's a shame such a great figure has this issue, even potentially.
At this point I think it's a return if you can get it or your stuck with what you've got.

Posted this a while ago but here it is again.
PC-7 Epoxy 1/2 lb can
This will fix any crack and can be used on a number of items.

I am sure it has metal reinforcement, so it won't fall/completely break. Just cosmetic.

I know a guy who had to break his DROM for replacement. The Steed is hollow, the legs are solid poly but no metal whatsoever

yea, I'm curious how much of the legs is exactly solid......maybe all these people with cracked legs didn't have as much "solid" poly as others.

Its a tricky one as I really like the piece and have spent literally hours getting the robes all nice :(

Update! Popcultcha is allowing me to return the statue for full refund.

So that's 3 out of 3 defective items for me from Sideshow.

I've now returned 2 of them and kept one (Arthas bought in 2012).

I can say without a doubt I will never again be buying a Sideshow product again, its like playing russian roulette!

I'm strongly tempted to super glue the tail and right hoof to the base for support. However, I'm hesitant to do this because it will destroy any chance to re-package and sell this in the future should I need to liquidate my PF's for any unfortunate reason.

I'm strongly tempted to super glue the tail and right hoof to the base for support. However, I'm hesitant to do this because it will destroy any chance to re-package and sell this in the future should I need to liquidate my PF's for any unfortunate reason.

The mere fact that you have to consider this after spending the large amount of money required to attain the piece is the primary reason why I will not be buying from Sideshow ever again. I had to spend hours fiddling with my Arthas statue just to get the light up feature working.

If anything, Arthas stands as a constant reminder for me not to invest in Sideshow again :)

The mere fact that you have to consider this after spending the large amount of money required to attain the piece is the primary reason why I will not be buying from Sideshow ever again. I had to spend hours fiddling with my Arthas statue just to get the light up feature working.

If anything, Arthas stands as a constant reminder for me not to invest in Sideshow again :)

I wouldn't go that far. I have bought many Sideshow statues and PF's and this is the only one that I'm concerned about. Even the few figures I've had issues with were handled very satisfactorily by customer service.

I wouldn't go that far. I have bought many Sideshow statues and PF's and this is the only one that I'm concerned about. Even the few figures I've had issues with were handled very satisfactorily by customer service.

I would go that far. Its an expensive statue, and I've read about many cases of this issue (there's probably a lot of customers who have this issue and are simply not aware). "Satisfactory" is not high praise for a company, its the equivalent of "average". I would go far as far to say I found their customer service below average. Any questions and queries I had were immediately disregarded and I was told to fill in a form or told to go back to the retailer.

They're the first manufacturer I've dealt with that refuses to address customer queries themselves. A customer has every right to go straight to a manufacturer to get issues resolved. In fact its against Australian Consumer Laws for the manufacturer to refuse to help a customer.

Back