Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

I didn't move my Rider around at all. Still got a nice big crack... The peg on the left leg fits very tight, the other however never really did from the beginning.

i never move the statue since the beginning.

Yeah the statue was never moved from it initial spot, not like it is an easy statue to keep moving around lol.

Checked mine last night and all is good. Everything sits firmly on the base.

checked mine as well had it sitting in the same place for the last 6 months, huge crack. mine only has one peg.

Damn do I get this or not, I've done a trade in order to get this but the crack thing is really worrying me do I risk it for such a great statue or get something else?

I had the opportunity to get this for 25% off, but given the issues noted here, and more importantly SS response (or lack thereof) I decided to pass.

I am going to coat the rear legs with epoxy and repaint for extra strength before a crack comes...otherwise I literally have to break the legs,drill,re-enforce, etc etc...a pain in the butt

well, I hope SS is putting together some kind of game plan to take care of their customers on this piece and that is hopefully the delay in their response. Even pieces with 2 pegs seem to also have the potential to crack in the legs. Now we know why almost all their statues have the same one leg up, one leg down pose.

Started a list on Statue forum as well ,please don't double up if you have already inserted info there, we will compile it later

Let, start a list shall we

Has your Drom Cracked?

Username [(REG/ex) (1peg/2peg) (months on display)] (describe damage)

example

SCmember [REG/2pegs/3months on display] (crack along one leg,leaning)

I sent an email to SS expressing I was interested in this piece but was wary of the problems been encountered, this is their reply.

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in our products and the time you took to contact our Customer Service Department.

We have been made aware of the issue and are production team is also aware. If you decide to order the item, thoroughly inspect the item and contact us if you have any issues with your piece. We have several here that have not displayed any signs of wear, but we know that every piece will vary

I sent an email to SS expressing I was interested in this piece but was wary of the problems been encountered, this is their reply.

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in our products and the time you took to contact our Customer Service Department.

We have been made aware of the issue and are production team is also aware. If you decide to order the item, thoroughly inspect the item and contact us if you have any issues with your piece. We have several here that have not displayed any signs of wear, but we know that every piece will vary

So, they display their unsold stock?

It's obvious they don't know how to respond.

This whole possible leg-crack BS is starting to take all the joy out of owning what was my most anticipated LOTR piece.:mad: Now instead of admiring it, I'm constantly focusing on the legs. Luckily no problems since June, but it's always on my mind when I look at it. It's to the point that when my Sauron PF arrives next month I might cut my losses and sell the DR ex.:dunno

I've moved mine about 5 times, by the base with the rest upright (presumably putting stress on the legs as I carry it).

I still have no cracks and I got one of the earliest one's. If the tail and legs are inserted correctly I find it hard to believe they would crack since it's like a tripod but I guess it's possible.

The Rider has no weight. The horse is just under support by itself on the tail and two legs.

It's sucks that this figure has this problem, and now reputation. I still like it a lot and will keep mine, I'll just display it in such a way to reduce stress if possible. Will watch to see how this plays out with SS though.

Back