Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

I've seen this piece in person. It is a full 1/4 Premium Format horse and rider.

It's huge!

Man, this is gonna be amazing to see pics of. Can't wait but I know it will be out of my range I think. Well, depends on what the flex payments are.

WOW, any idea when they will release the pics?

this can't be that far from being finished. I would imagine maybe we see this on PO the 1st qtr of next year and I think the Sauron LSF will be at SDCC

Thank God it's a full horse. When the half horse was mentioned it got me thinking. :horror
But in all honesty I wouldn't put it pass Sideshow to do something like that. :lol

Im wondering how much this bad boy is going to run...might put me out for owning this awesome piece. Just depends.

Hey guys can someone help in my search for this Lotro video?? It was a video contest/video parody, I think the contestants were supposed combine Aragorn with the "just can't wait to king" song from disney.

I remember seeing the winning video, but I can no longer find it on youtube or anywhere!! It opens with Aragorn fighting the Orc captain in Fellowship of the ring, where Aragorn gets his head pinned by the shield against the tree. When the Lion king disney song reaches the lyric "Everybody look left, Everybody look right" it shows the clip of the elven archers swiveling there heads from the two towerrs. When it reaches the the lyrics "everywhere you look I'm standing in the spot light" it shows the clip of gandalf basking in light inside fangorn forest from Return of the king.

I know how silly my post may seem, and I will more than likely get flamed. However if someone does have this video, trust me, all the Lotro fans on this board would absolutely adore that video.

I have literally been searching for this video for 2 years.

I cant see SS not sculpting the entire horse. I can;t imagine anyone even buying so clearly a half measure like that.

half a horse for none of my money. : P

We need the entire horse :exactly:

RunningHalfHorse.jpg

:lol:lol:rotfl

Idk, if choosing between Sauron and this, I think I would have to go with this. I think the Steed is going to breath taking in itself. Hopefully they can keep it under $1k :pray:

For sure, depending on Sauron's pose and switch out features too. If Sauron has a dyamic pose I may get him, or else possibly 2 of these : P

Man you guys kill me. That's a seriously disturbing photoshop. :)

Honestly, I'm surprised someone even suggested a half horse and another poster agreed. Have they ever done a PF like this? How about the middle third of the speeder bike only?? They'd have massive cancellations if they pulled that trick.

Seriously? It's not like I asked if anyone though they might just do one front leg, or half a head or something. All I did was ask if anyone else had wondered about the (granted, awful) possibility that they might try to find a way of reducing the size that way. I'm glad it's not the case, because I agree, it would totally ruin the piece. But at the same time, the notion of a 3/4 length horse and rider sculp really wasn't as laughable as you're suggesting. I mean, just because it hasn't previously be done, doesn't mean it couldn't/wouldn't be done in the future (plenty of statues are made in 3/4 length in other formats/brands - Gentle Giant have done loads, for a start). Plus, a 3/4 length horse and rider SS PF (while a major disapointment) would still have been an impressive, displayable piece, whereas the 'middle third of a speeder bike' wouldn't, so that analogy was unfair. :pfft:

Well to be fair, Akallabeth's theory was not THAT improbable : ok, it wasn't a PF but SSC released the Rancor diorama with one arm, no leg, no waist and half a torso :monkey1 And it was indeed badly received by lots of collectors.

Anyway, back to this monster PF :horror I can't wait to see the full reveal. Pose seems spectacular !
Shipping this to Europe is sure to cost a lot :gah:

Yeah I guess you are right. What an awful thing to do though. It would look like it was stuck in quicksand. I've seen those GG half men and, well, let's just say I've seen pictures of them because I'd never own one.

Josh, you can't declare you aren't buying a piece because of cost or else you forfeit all rights to criticize the months of sneak peaks we have ahead of us. :)

I have been away from my computer for a while, but this news has me alternately totally excited as I love what we have seen thus far, and really scared, as I am going to have to get a second job to afford this. I really don't want to miss this though, as the Ringwraith is the most iconic villian of the LOTR series for me. I would guess that this doesn't have an exclusive accessory (alternate arm, sword or print) but is rather a Sideshow site exclusive. I think this was the case with the Speederbike. I could be wrong as I stopped collecting SW by then, but I think I remember the speederbike being a site exclusive.

As a second thought, didn't sideshow offer the biker scout separately as a Premium Format a couple of years later? I would be okay with a standing wraith too if Sideshow pursues this route, as you could sub in more generic legs to avoid a crouched pose.

i might consider it if it's full horse in an action pose. Anything short of a full horse will be epic fail.

never that excited about the ringwraith on horse statue, it doesnt display well. When you look at it it's just a black block thing, you cant see much detail until literally inches away since everything is black (as it should be).

we will see how this one turns out.

Gagliya,
to clarify my post, as it was more of a train of thought and I don't think it read well, I will be looking forward to the PF as a full horse and rider, and a second PF of just a wraith alone would also be of interest to me. Sideshow pursued this route with the speederbike with biker scout and then a solo biker scout that was a reused figure. I would be okay with this too for the LOTR line. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't having too much of the conversation in my own head!!!:lol

This would be the only horse and rider I would want from the PF line, period. Same might be true for the maquette line too. I prefer the single figures, as they are more iconic and a little easier to be flexible with the displays. I can't say no to a gorgeous sculpt though!

Does anybody think this might pre-order during Spooktacular? That would be awesome!

Gagliya,
to clarify my post, as it was more of a train of thought and I don't think it read well, I will be looking forward to the PF as a full horse and rider, and a second PF of just a wraith alone would also be of interest to me. Sideshow pursued this route with the speederbike with biker scout and then a solo biker scout that was a reused figure. I would be okay with this too for the LOTR line. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't having too much of the conversation in my own head!!!:lol

This would be the only horse and rider I would want from the PF line, period. Same might be true for the maquette line too. I prefer the single figures, as they are more iconic and a little easier to be flexible with the displays. I can't say no to a gorgeous sculpt though!

Does anybody think this might pre-order during Spooktacular? That would be awesome!

That would be cool but i dont think they will go the separate horse + figure, the star wars speedbike was iconic and can be displayed on its own. Who is going to spend $$$ buying a bare black horse? (except the josh! :rotfl )

Back