Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

I just don't get it personally,I mean,to each his own and all that...but how can you not like THIS???!!!!!

08237048-5a96-4ffc-ad08-ae1d67c9f5f5_zps5e8eb39a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not going to hand out any troll biscuits to diva, but anybody who has assembled this piece and felt the weight of the cloak knows the quality and layering of the cloth on this piece. Opinions are like, well you know, everybody has one and some are just plain wrong.

Then you'd be dead wrong, as well as way overly sensitive. Read my posts again. This time, carefully.

Maybe there's a way to post and communicate without being rude?

Anyway, if the ringwraith were sculpted, it would be a 1/4 scale poly stone statue, or maquette. As its a mixed media premium format, a cloth cloak makes sense. It also makes sense that the horse is fully sculpted, as it would be hard to put real horse meat and horse hair on the piece ;)

I'm glad this will be around for quite a while so I can figure how the hell to acquire it :gah:

Two of my favorite PF's are:

The Thing - I generally like fully sculpted so just having his shorts as fabric works out great, but then again that's all there is.

RWOS - This one is almost all fabric and the cloak turned out really, REALLY good. This one SS engineered very well and the stichwork was spot on. The bar was definitely raised with this one.

That Diva dude obviously doesn't know what he's talking about or is pissed off cause he can't afford it. It's been said many times already that a lot of people that got him, think it's their best statue to date, including me....and we're not just talking people with one or two staues here.

400 dollars no way 600-700 would have been more reasonable. But who cares about reasonable when you have a big *** horse on display

I don't think there has been a member here who received it and was disappointed with it to be honest.

Diva or no diva :dunno...all you guys and gals with your enthusiastic reactions have actually convinced me to pull the trigger now on the Dark Rider! It is time! :yess:

And I admit I was so very determined to stay clear from this one and restrict myself with buying PFs in general... But following this thread for the longest time, I must realize I had no chance really! :lol

Put mine together over the weekend, enjoyed putting it together.
Water treated his robes layer by layer as i put him on the horse, the hardest bit for me was getting the hood looking right.
belts werent too bad, i just looked at the aragorn PF and looped them the same.
At one point while trying to lift the rider off, the horses tail lifted and popped out, crapped myself, but luckily it was fine, goes to show how strong and well made this is.
Missus walked in and started touching and poking the horse, 'whats this thing called again?' rider, cloaked what?'.......... DONT TOUCH!
mother in law came over next day all i could hear from the other room was missus... 'mumm dont touch!!!' HAHA.
This thing is amazing, well worth it and will only increase in value over the next year.
out of about 30 of my remaining PF's this is the ONLY one i currently have on display, all others have been boxed up.
Im very happy with the quality, presence and size of the rider.
Top marks for this SS!
(its even made me go buy the Morgul Lord again!)

Diva or no diva :dunno...all you guys and gals with your enthusiastic reactions have actually convinced me to pull the trigger now on the Dark Rider! It is time! :yess:

And I admit I was so very determined to stay clear from this one and restrict myself with buying PFs in general... But following this thread for the longest time, I must realize I had no chance really! :lol

Knew we would get you in the end Petrolos!! :lol

But seriously,congratulations man!! :hi5: :duff

Better clear a BIG space for this guy :lecture

Knew we would get you in the end Petrolos!! :lol

But seriously,congratulations man!! :hi5: :duff

Better clear a BIG space for this guy :lecture

:duff Thanks guitarmandan! I feel happy but weak at the same time tbh! :lol

I have a place for him in mind, but that will involve moving other statues around and find new places for them...and I still have no idea where to put that monstrous box! Well that's the fun of collecting isn't it! :panic::lol

Congrats man!!

Everyone at my work had to touch and poke it as well.

The statue is perfect, and if you enjoy the character, then it helps to appreciate it even more. For me the ringwraiths are the best vilains in the lotr trilogy, they are powerful, scary, mysterious and the kind you wouldn't want to deal with.

Its a really great statue, and if you enjoy the character, then it becomes a masterpiece.

The statue is perfect, and if you enjoy the character, then it helps to appreciate it even more. For me the ringwraiths are the best vilains in the lotr trilogy, they are powerful, scary, mysterious and the kind you wouldn't want to deal with.

Its a really great statue, and if you enjoy the character, then it becomes a masterpiece.

Agreed, the Ringwraiths and Witch King are definitely my favorite villains in the movies, followed closely by Saruman.

Back