Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

Your assessment, is empty speculation at best. I mean if Weta had a fully sculpted Gandalf on a rearing Shadowfax, what makes you think that SS couldn't do the same? Especially when their recent production trend is to gut the sculpts (material wise), & render them hollow shells.

For me, this is another example of SS inflating price, & boosting profits by using $5.00 fabric, instead of the extremely skilled sculptor ,who's horse sculpt is a masterpiece. A pity they didn't allow him to complete the job!

Ok, it is called my opinion. Just as your opinion was that the piece is not up to par. Deal with it.

I love how condescending people here come on the forum and act as if their opinion is king, but when other people post theirs, their statement gets called "empty speculation."

Ok, it is called my opinion. Just as your opinion was that the piece is not up to par. Deal with it.

I love how condescending people here come on the forum and act as if their opinion is king, but when other people post theirs, their statement gets called "empty speculation."

No, it was unfounded, therefore empty speculation, not opinion. You stated that SS possibly could not pull off the pose with a fully sculpted rider, but past sculpts/releases prove you wrong, regardless of what 'opinion' you may have.

As for dealing with it(?), I have, by not ordering. How are you doing?

And no, my opinion is not king, but logically sound. nothing more. Now can you deal with that? Obviously not.

Buddy you can brainwash yourself into believing anything you want, but here is the secret, it doesn't make it necessarily true.

Good luck, & happy collecting.:peace

At any rate, I'm glad everyone who got this PF is happy with it, as he is an awesome piece.

I am on the fence with the Sauron piece. While I love the art it's based on, I'm nervous as to how the lava paint effect will turn out.

They will either nail it, making it a superb piece, or it will end badly and completely ruin the piece.

I am hoping Sideshow has one of their top factories working on him, taking their time, so that he does end up coming out awesome!

I would love for Sideshow to do a Saruman PF as well.

Agreed. I think while fully sculpted would have looked awesome too, I don't know if all of that extra weight could have really worked on this pose. I feel fully sculpted would have made him too heavy for the horses legs to support, and then they would have to done a different pose, which would have probably ended up looking just like the Weta version.

But, I will say, that after getting my robes into place, the different sets of fabric they used, in addition to the weathering and different textures, makes him one amazing piece.

No, it was unfounded, therefore empty speculation, not opinion. You stated that SS possibly could not pull off the pose with a fully sculpted rider, but past sculpts/releases prove you wrong, regardless of what 'opinion' you may have.

As for dealing with it(?), I have, by not ordering. How are you doing?

And no, my opinion is not king, but logically sound. nothing more. Now can you deal with that? Obviously not.

Buddy you can brainwash yourself into believing anything you want, but here is the secret, it doesn't make it necessarily true.

Good luck, & happy collecting.:peace

When someone states that "they think . . . " or "they feel . . . " that is their own personal opinion. Never once did I state it was fact that Sideshow could not possibly pull off fully sculpted, that's just you putting words in my mouth to try and prove your point.

In all honesty, your negative attitude shines through in your posts, and I find it amusing that you come into this thread and imply that because people (or myself) like a statue that you don't, that they are somehow brainwashed. That is insulting to everyone here who loves the piece.

Have a fantastic day, as I'm done wasting my time discussing with you.

It usually happens in the Marvel and DC sections. I'm surprised it made its way into the LOTR section :lol

I think fully sculpted would have been to much for me. It would have completely blown my mind. It would have been really, really amazing.

I absolutely love this piece but I can just close my eyes and see a fully sculpted piece, robes flowing and wow.

Also, I'm glad the robes weren't fully sculpted. After seeing all the issues with the TWK statue, I'd rather have fabric for something this big

It usually happens in the Marvel and DC sections. I'm surprised it made its way into the LOTR section :lol

I know I was shocked. In all honesty, each time I log onto this website, I have been heading to the LOTR room first because most of you guys are so nice and polite, where the other rooms are often filled with bad attitude.

I really appreciate most of you guys who post here! It's been a really nice change of pace, especially for someone like me who is new to LOTR pieces. I've loved the movies since day 1, but never collected statues from them.

At any rate, I'm glad everyone who got this PF is happy with it, as he is an awesome piece.

I am on the fence with the Sauron piece. While I love the art it's based on, I'm nervous as to how the lava paint effect will turn out.

They will either nail it, making it a superb piece, or it will end badly and completely ruin the piece.

I am hoping Sideshow has one of their top factories working on him, taking their time, so that he does end up coming out awesome!

I would love for Sideshow to do a Saruman PF as well.

I think he's going to be great Northern and I think you'll find a way to end up with one.

I still haven't ordered but I'm hoping to get one somehow.

I think he's going to be great Northern and I think you'll find a way to end up with one.

I still haven't ordered but I'm hoping to get one somehow.

I hope so! His price tag is a lot to handle too. :lol

It is but it could have been soooo much worse. Wolf Pred for example.

I'm not really looking for anybody to agree with my point of view, nor am I trying to bash those who find this appealing. I've never been one to get sucked into the hype of any statue, though I came damn close on this one. Guess I posted this because I was truly horrified at the results, which meant no order for me, & I really, really wanted to order. This thing is worth no more than $400.00, & at that price I would have ordered, dumped the rider, & showcased the horse.

P.S. The only way to possibly prove my stance, would be for a talented sculptor to replace rider with a fully sculpted version. At that point, I would think that most would agree on the opportunity that was obviously missed, for me.:peace

That's fine but from watching multiple threads the consensus seems to be this piece was a hit. I get you don't think so and that's all wonderful but it's Internet hyperbole at best to say the results were horrifying. You may not feel its worth more than that price but I can venture to say most of us who have it would say it was worth the price of admission.

I generally prefer statues but this PF is one of the coolest pieces I've ever seen or had in my collection. This piece just does such a great job of blending the two areas. It's a worthy piece for any fan of Middle-earth to add to their collection.

I totally agree. This is the piece to own to represent LOTR.

Agreed. I think while fully sculpted would have looked awesome too, I don't know if all of that extra weight could have really worked on this pose. I feel fully sculpted would have made him too heavy for the horses legs to support, and then they would have to done a different pose, which would have probably ended up looking just like the Weta version.

But, I will say, that after getting my robes into place, the different sets of fabric they used, in addition to the weathering and different textures, makes him one amazing piece.

Fully sculpted would have been cool but I will say I think this is one piece that calls for multiple formats if you're going to do it in 1:4. It's an amazing piece IMO.

Your assessment, is empty speculation at best. I mean if Weta had a fully sculpted Gandalf on a rearing Shadowfax, what makes you think that SS couldn't do the same? Especially when their recent production trend is to gut the sculpts (material wise), & render them hollow shells.

For me, this is another example of SS inflating price, & boosting profits by using $5.00 fabric, instead of the extremely skilled sculptor ,who's horse sculpt is a masterpiece. A pity they didn't allow him to complete the job!

It really appears as if your single purpose for posting your comments was to come in here and **** all over this thread.

Congratulations...you have officially become "that guy".

Last edited:

It's not going to happen here often. That's a guarantee. :)

If the current trend continues posts are going to get deleted and if I have to ill hand out infractions. People are not going to come in here and start crap. Calling someone's opinion speculation when yours is no better and trying to stir up crap is going to get on my bad side quickly. :)

Fully sculpted would have been cool but I will say I think this is one piece that calls for multiple formats if you're going to do it in 1:4. It's an amazing piece IMO.

I agree! I'm so glad I decided to get him. I know I would have been missing out on a superb piece if I had not chosen to add him to my collection.

The fabric of the rider, along with the leather straps and metal chains mixed with the sculpted horse, armor and base is just incredible.

It really appears as if your single purpose for posting your comments was to come in here and **** all over this thread.

:exactly::goodpost:

Then you'd be dead wrong, as well as way overly sensitive. Read my posts again. This time, carefully.

This thing is worth no more than $400.00, & at that price I would have ordered, dumped the rider, & showcased the horse.

You're post has some reasonable points but you're living on another planet if you think this could have been $400 - even for just the horse. Looking at the prices and ranges that Sideshow offer EVERYTHING is relative.

This is almost as big as the Wolf LSF and certainly more detailed than the Wolverine LSF both which retail at thousands. The standard price for a PF now is $400 for a regular sized statue.

If you have indeed witnessed it in person you'll realise how massive it is and it's also very heavy and incredibly detailed. Not that size should = money but really I think everything sideshow offer is overpriced.

This is one of the best PF's ever done no doubt about it and I think the majority would agree.

Then you'd be dead wrong, as well as way overly sensitive. Read my posts again. This time, carefully.

Why don't you go back and read your own posts....carefully...any valid points you may have had get lost in your overtly condescending tone. That tends to happen when you classify others comments as "empty speculation" while deeming your own comments to be "logically sound". It's not a matter of being overly sensitive...nobody wants to have their opinion casually dismissed. You could have easily constructed a post which disagreed with Northernlad without coming across as if you are God's gift to collecting.

Get over yourself man....

Since you have made it very clear you do not care for this piece, why are you still posting in this thread??? You have made your point that you feel the piece is disappointing. However, you have also made it clear that you are not interested in listening to any contradictory opinion to your own. If you do not like the piece, and anyone who voices an opinion different from yours is engaging in "empty speculation"...why are you still involved with this thread??

After careful consideration, I can only "logically" assume my original assertion was accurate....your primary goal is to **** on this thread.

Last edited:
Back