Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF..Link to buy in 1st Post.

I was wondering what the directions looked like. Looking at those I admit it makes me a bit nervous putting all this together.

What is the key mentioned in the instruction booklet in step 4??

Don't worry Josh :wave...I'm sure you will be fine. :)

When you have it in-hand, I'm sure you will be able to work it out. :monkey3

Let's hope so. I'm going to take my sweet time setting this up and making sure its futzed the way I want.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that this may be able to fit in a Detolf, I have a Detolf set up with my Morgul Lord and it would be great if this could go in the same one.

Anyone had a go at displaying him in one?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that this may be able to fit in a Detolf, I have a Detolf set up with my Morgul Lord and it would be great if this could go in the same one.

Anyone had a go at displaying him in one?

It say's 14" wide and I think a detolf is about 15" from memory. I think it would look squashed in though. On top of the Detolf would be a better spot I think.

I'm thinking of getting two corner shelfs and mounting them up high. I'm thinking it'll look cool with both the DR and Sauron looking down from above.

I'll display it in a Detolf once I get it and yes it will/should fit in.

31" H (787.4mm) on the DRoM and Detolf has 790-800mm space for the first 2 platforms depending on how strong you mounted the metal holdings.

I have 3 Detolfs but it would only fit into one tho because I screwed the other two too strong :)

Still not sure where I can put him. Pretty sure he won't fit in a detolf so that's out. It's going to take me a little while to get it figured out.

Thanks for the pics Fremen and Congrats! :duff

A couple questions for you:
Is the Dark Rider's base any bigger than the Morgul Lord's? My curio is only 11-3/4" deep - the ML's base barely fits, the handle of his morning star just touches the back mirror and the tip of his sword almost touches the front glass.
So basically my question is: Will the DR fit in a curio that barely fits the ML in terms of depth (height and width isn't a concern)? I probably will be using the regular hand and not the sword.

Any info would be much appreciated. -Thanks

The directions while they are too dark are not that difficult to follow. But what was difficult was re-packing the piece. I decided to disassemble it so that it would not get damaged in the process of waiting for my new display case. This is defiantly an amazing PF!

I'm curious about the width and depth to have him displayed properly as well. I'm going to building some custom shelving this year and I'm trying to figure out what depth to give them.

This guy is heavy once put together. That's why I haven't taken any pics with other statues yet or put him up on top of a detolf. I needed a break from hauling it around.

Once you put him together, I think most of you will decide not to try and fit him in a detolf. If he does fit, and that's a big if, he would be to confined in there. He need room to expand and breath. On top is the best option.

I think the bases of the Morgul Lord PF and this are very close in size. If this one is bigger, it's not by much.

The key to putting this together is to totally take you time.
Make an evening out of it. Relax, enjoy it. Don't worry about putting the swords on the right way if you have trouble.
I just wrapped mine around the waist over the first layer of clothing and tied it in a loose knot. Looks great with the other robe over it.

The hood is strange. I got the button done up and looking correct by doing it up around the neck before I put the hood up. This made it easier.

The hood is strange. I got the button done up and looking correct by doing it up around the neck before I put the hood up. This made it easier.

Top tip Fremen :wave...thanks for sharing :hi5:...I'll keep it in mind when I get mine. :wink1:

He should arrive sometime next week...can't wait. :impatient:

Love your video by-the-way. :clap

I'm not even a LOTR collector. But I still want this. I need more money...(sigh)

I did a quick overexposed vid of it while I wait for my camera battery to charge.

And ya, for anyone who watches this, I fixed it already. Good as new.

Thanks for the vid. It's great to be able to see it from all angles and helps put the size into perspective.:clap

I must say that you're very cool in the midst of disaster.:horror:thud: I don't know if I would have been swearing, crying, throwing the camera or all the above.:rotfl

From all the pics that I've seen, it appears that SS really stepped up the weathering on the armor pieces in comparison to the Morgul Lord.

I'm a very calm person. Plus, this wasn't so much a break as I just broke the glue where it was originally glued to the hilt.

Thanks for watching :) The video is very over exposed and I found this piece too big to be able to properly move around my kitching to get some good shots.

I think they did a better job of the weathering on this compared to the Morgul Lord as well.
This guy is a beast.

Thanks for sharing fremen.

Only her can post pics? Bring me more. I would be happy to see better clothing pics. Looks like a big rag.

The statue is great but not sure about the wraith. Looks better from the production pics that we saw. Hope someone will be able to fix it correctly .

Last edited:

Nothing is too heavy to place on top of a detolf. I have huge heavy things on them.

There's some good pics by another member a few pages back joblain. Go look at those and see if you feel any better about it.

Back