Riddick 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Furya was already destroyed. Wasn't it completely wiped out by the Necromancer army before the start of Chronicles?

Furya wasn't destroyed, but you are right that according to the second film the Furyan race was wiped out by the Necros.

I guess it's possible that they missed a few of 'em. :dunno

...maybe there was a furyan planet B, or something. i kinda remember the necrolord saying he wiped out the furyan world.

perhaps a furyan settlement refugee planet?:lol

I looked it up and yeah, Furya was definitely wiped out by the Lord Marshal in Chronicles. A seer had told him that a Furyan would cause his downfall so he had them all killed.

Maybe some survived and resettled on another planet.

It's only smart if it makes a crap load of money and the last two didn't. Pitch Black only made 30 Million worldwide and Chronicles made even less (about 10 Million). Both were panned by critics and both were considered domestic box office failures.

Pitch Black was not panned. Did it get great reviews, no, but for the genre of film it was and its lead actor it got decent reviews. 55 percent on rottentomatoes. I loved the movie. It was intense and scary. I am glad this one is going back to that dark place.

Panned - to criticize severely

On its release, the film was met with mainly mixed reviews, and it received a 55% rotten rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 101 reviews with an average rating of 5.6/10 (with a 38% approval rating from top critics).

When almost half the reviews a movie gets are negative, and the other half rate the movie average while STILL criticizing it.. that's called being panned.

Again, even the majority of "positive" reviews the movie got were pretty bad. Try reading some of them and you'll see what I mean.

But then there's still plenty of good films that get mostly poor reviews.

Of course. Just look at the Audience rating to see the difference (79% to 55%). But that doesn't change the fact that the movie (both actually) were panned by critics.

Regardless, I enjoyed/still like both (Pitch Black more so).

I actually just watched Chronicles. I still enjoy it.

I don't always need a masterpiece. Hell half the movies of the 80's and 90's were crap but fun crap and in the end that is all that matters to me.

I enjoyed Chronicles for what it was and thought at the time if they made a sequel I'd check it out. Don't really remember Pitch Black all that well... seemed like a pretty ho-hum flick.

Of course. Just look at the Audience rating to see the difference (79% to 55%). But that doesn't change the fact that the movie (both actually) were panned by critics.

Regardless, I enjoyed/still like both (Pitch Black more so).

remember all critics for the most part crap on movies. even the good ones. they don't have much good to say. Pitch Black is an awesome movie. but it got bad reviews. actually if you watch the Siskel and Ebert reviews on youtube, some of the best movies ever made they gave just an average rating.:cuckoo:

if you like to watch movies, never listen to critics, judge for your self.:lecture

Back