Rick Deckard: Blade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom011

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Just finished modifying a Brothers Productions Deckard figure. Work done includes full repaint of headsculpt, replacement trousers and shoes (movie accurate adidas ), and a body upgrade to a Hot Toys True type. Still a piece or two to add to complete it (it didn't come with a jacket and needs an accurate wrist watch), but for now, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out...

Deckard1.jpg

Deckard2.jpg

Deckard3.jpg

Deckard4.jpg

Deckard5.jpg

Deckard6.jpg

Deckard7.jpg

Deckard8.jpg

Deckard9.jpg

Deckard10.jpg

superb job on the repaint :clap but something is weird with the coat and the shirt, my has different color and the coat is longer...where did you find the adidas shoes..?

Thanks, guys! Agree with you on the Harrison Ford likeness not being exact; still a good sculpt from a technical standpoint, imo.

Those shoes are from an old Dragon figure; not sure which one. Found 'em for sale on ebay... and they had to be modified: stripes removed and heavy distressing applied. Ford's in the film were pretty beat up.

how did you remove the stripes? did you slice them off with a blade then sand them down? Can we see a close up of the shoes? :)

Thanks guys!

Zenonithus: here's a pic of my shoes next to Ford's.
Deckard22.jpg
deckardshoes1.jpg

I dremeled the strips off, then sanded to roughen up the overall shoe surface. Then some paint detailing.

looking good! I actually never thought about using the dremel though would save alot of elbow grease ;)

I could never tell if his shoes in that pic were dirty or browned up as the laces do seem to be brown.

Yep; all the outfit is from Bros Prod. and yeah, it's a lot different than what I saw in the promo pics when I bought it. Including the fact that it didn't come with his jacket. Figured they changed things after the first production run, maybe...

Awesome repaint, man. Not totally sold on that sculpt myself but your paint work does it a service.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Yep; all the outfit is from Bros Prod. and yeah, it's a lot different than what I saw in the promo pics when I bought it. Including the fact that it didn't come with his jacket. Figured they changed things after the first production run, maybe...
Did you buy it from Storerooms? They were notorious for taking parts out from these kinds of figures, switching them with others, etc. I actually really wanted this figure before it was released, but couldn't find a place to buy it from where I felt comfortable doing so, knowing I would get what I was ordering. Storerooms was not an option, and eBay sellers wanted payment upfront with no guarantee of release date. By the time it was actually released, I saw nada. Anyway. . .don't mean to derail. Great upgrade. I personally think that Ford is as good as 80%+ of the others I've seen out there. Just not a likeness folks are able to capture very well. I think the Deckard attitude is reflected pretty well in that sculpt.

Back