Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she turned out pretty great overall. I have zero problem with them using PVC for the head and hands. I've seen what other companies such as Blitzway or Enterbay can achieve in terms of detail and realism with PVC, and while Sideshow still has a ways to go in reaching that level, I think they are getting better. My main criticisms are with the hairline not being as seamless and realistic as I'd like and she could use some more texture work in the face, but I do think it shows up softer in photos than it looks in person. The overall paint job, likeness, pose, and clothing work are all great IMO and I like the detail on the base and the exclusive helmet. Definitely happy with the purchase.

omg she's gorgeous :love I really want to get this but I don't have the space. :(

Is everyone's right foot completely flush with the sand? Once again I have a gap.......

Am I being to picky? Maybe I am.....

Rey1.jpg

Rey2.jpg

Mine has a hair of a gap with the sand on right foot, but I have to look really close to notice it. Your picture is showing may be a slightly larger gap compared to mine.

Thanks, debating if I should get an exchange or not. The rest of the statue came out really good so far. Would hate to get a complete exchange and get another problem. Any suggestions?

If it were me and that's the only issue I have, I would not return it. BTW, did you try pushing it down hard to see if it would go in?

Well I think she is absolutely gorgeous !! Yes, paint on the face could have been done a bit more with effort.. but I really like that statue.

The exclusive is def. worth it !

20171211_213605_zpsllbv0upf.jpg

Looks good in that cabin, did you print those posters behind Rey/Kylo yourself?

If it were me and that's the only issue I have, I would not return it. BTW, did you try pushing it down hard to see if it would go in?

After cleaning out some debris in the peg hole on the base and pushing a bit harder, I think I was able to minimize the gap a bit.

Rey3.jpg

I want someone to compare the hair roots along the front hairline so we can see closely whether the pvc heads are hand painted individually or factory mass production painted.

I want someone to compare the hair roots along the front hairline so we can see closely whether the pvc heads are hand painted individually or factory mass production painted.

Doubt it's individually hand painted but I am all for using PVC heads in the future. The sculpt looks awesome to me.

Doubt it's individually hand painted but I am all for using PVC heads in the future. The sculpt looks awesome to me.

The portrait is nice but it lacks any skin detail that Hot Toys usually adds to their PVC portraits... If Hot Toys has no issues doing skin details then I'm not sure why SS does, especially for the money their asking for...

Mine does not, it even had skin tone one the arms, like small frekkles.. i love it. She arrived today.. pictures do her no justice.. And the likeness is amazing. If they continue sculpting faces like this i dont mind the pvc at all.. besides it is mixed media :)

Thanks, debating if I should get an exchange or not. The rest of the statue came out really good so far. Would hate to get a complete exchange and get another problem. Any suggestions?

Not worth the risk.
Considering everything else is fine, I would keep that gap.

Back