Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow everyone here seems to like this piece since the last batch of uploaded pics.

But to my eyes I still don't think the face sculpt is good enough; heck maybe I'm blind or expecting too much. It's sort of good that many here are pleased with it, but I'm probably passing on this piece.

The face likeness is defiantly off... That said it still looks like her just not 100% more like say 85% IMO and that number could drop after we see the production version.... That's pretty typical for SS... Now Iron Studios on the other hand nails the likeness factor in their production pieces, as good as any Hot Toys I've seen... Gentle Giant did an awesome job likeness wise on Sucker Punch Girls, Scarlet Johansson and Eva Green Statues...

All I need from TFA is Rey and BB8. Rey was the main character of the film and BB8 is too cool to pass up plus he was her side kick for most the film.

Pretty much my thoughts to. I have never been a completionist when it comes to collecting stuff and with all the Star Wars movies (and collectibles) that are going to come out from now on, I'm really glad I'm not. :)

The pics of this are great. I think the likeness is great. Could be a bit better but really good enough for me.

I do like the way the cloth fits and wraps around here, leather wristlet is cool, all in all the mixed media is done well.

I don't like it. Better than HT though.

Quite a few people have said it's better than the Hot Toys version, but I just don't see it.

The Hot Toys version is following their current run of average (or below) female head sculpts, but imo it's still better than the SS.

Wow everyone here seems to like this piece since the last batch of uploaded pics.

But to my eyes I still don't think the face sculpt is good enough; heck maybe I'm blind or expecting too much. It's sort of good that many here are pleased with it, but I'm probably passing on this piece.

Same. I can wait for the next Rey PF, which hopefully looks better in the face & comes with a lightsaber.

What I'm really wanting is a Captain Phasma PF from TFA and a Shoretrooper PF from RO.

So Groot and Rocket came out today, and since Marvel is the closest thing to Star Wars pricing, it could be a good idea of what these'll cost. I'm hoping these are cheaper, as the detail in Groot and Rocket are a lot more complex, but with Kylo's pricing, I'm not overly hopeful.

Groot is $599.99 and Rocket is $279.99...if you buy the bundle, you get $50 off. $829.98 is the cost to pick up the pair...that'd be just insane, really, for these two. BB-8 isn't near as complex as Rocket, so he shouldn't be on par with him. Him being $200 would be reasonable, but I don't think that'll be the case either. Rey will at least match Kylo at $569.99...I have a feeling this is going to be a painful price to see when she goes up.

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for BB-8, and imo Rey's pricing should in the $500-520 range. They said Kylo's fabric was super hard to recreate accurately at that scale, and also it's most likely going to have a light up saber. So let's "explain" his price with that. But for Rey, no way, even if the face is obviously harder to paint, just... no. She should be closer to the new Maul PF.

$600 seems like a bargain for Groot compared to Kylo, considering the size, the awesome base (those crystals, so cool) and the very nice EX.

Any word on a possible hood w/goggles alternate sculpt?

star-wars-the-force-awakens-daisy-ridley.jpg

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for BB-8, and imo Rey's pricing should in the $500-520 range. They said Kylo's fabric was super hard to recreate accurately at that scale, and also it's most likely going to have a light up saber. So let's "explain" his price with that. But for Rey, no way, even if the face is obviously harder to paint, just... no. She should be closer to the new Maul PF.

$600 seems like a bargain for Groot compared to Kylo, considering the size, the awesome base (those crystals, so cool) and the very nice EX.

That's what I'm hoping...I think BB-8 at $150 would be ideal, and Rey coming in at around $499.99...I could see her being in the $549.99 range though. We've said it many, many, many, many times before, each time the prices go up; but there really is a limit on how much will be spent on these. With BB-8, the pair should still land no higher than $700. Even that sounds crazy to write. :lol

$519.99 plus $199.99, $20 off to bundle= $699.98

That's my guess and it really CAN'T be more than that. It just can't, basing it on factors of other characters already created and priced.

Here we go again. This is starwars guys. Although we are all hopeful for a decent price, result will always be overpriced [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back