Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

Seriously this is amazingly bad, I can't help but laugh each time I see those pics :lol

There is no way Sideshow is letting that happen again (I hope), especially not on Rey. The number of complaints/returns/cancellations they must have been getting for that Cap statue... Pretty sure they never want to go through that again :lol

I'm so glad that my Winter Soldier Cap didn't turn out like that.

Appeasing the Statue Gods with a bucket of KFC never fails! :lecture
a6348227-76-thumbs-up-smiley.gif

You know, I only own one statue from another company (Iron Studios Ultron Cap), but the more I look at that statue compared to my Sideshow PFs, the more unhappy I am with the latter. How does IS reach that level of quality, particularly when it comes to the paint, but Sideshow still seems to struggle?

That's why I'm really hoping Iron Studios releases some 1/4 Star Wars pieces. They have the license... I'll be keeping a close eye on this piece, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

You know, I only own one statue from another company (Iron Studios Ultron Cap), but the more I look at that statue compared to my Sideshow PFs, the more unhappy I am with the latter. How does IS reach that level of quality, particularly when it comes to the paint, but Sideshow still seems to struggle?

That's why I'm really hoping Iron Studios releases some 1/4 Star Wars pieces. They have the license... I'll be keeping a close eye on this piece, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

That would be amazing. I know that based on XM's style and prices, I will have little interest in their line. More than $1k on a 1/4, it would have to be absolutely incredible and very few of their comic book pieces have impressed me so far. Their Boba is nice but nowhere near the awesomeness that would make me spend that kind of money.

On the other hand, Iron Studios is the exact type of company I want SW statues from and they are so much easier to get. Wish they would get on it FAST.

Yeah, someone posted these pics of an in-hand Chris Evans Captain America. I mean, this is a few months off...but, yeah, hopefully it doesn't turn out anything close to this. It'd be so disappointing. I think this is actually the only statue I'd want of an actual character/actor, so I really hope they nail it.

View attachment 281201

View attachment 281202
Daaayam! This looks like Dark Captain America. Like he was exposed to kryptonite with some Tar in it.

He looks like he's ready to go burn, rape, and pillage! WTF Sideshow?! :panic:

I really hope by October we see something .. its practically done except paint ...

I hope we see something too. I'm afraid that this will be amazing and I'll have to have it.

My hope is I don't like it, and I can wait for her next PF which will have a saber staff.

na.. I really want a scavenger Rey.. this is perfect to me !

I hope we see something too. I'm afraid that this will be amazing and I'll have to have it.

My hope is I don't like it, and I can wait for her next PF which will have a saber staff.

Now that is true collector mentality! I think that all the time: "I really hope this sucks so I can save money for..." :)

na.. I really want a scavenger Rey.. this is perfect to me !

Yea I prefer the Scavenger look as well. If he comes with a cool EX then that's just a bonus. We can save the Jedi look for when/if she becomes one.

If this looks good once it's painted up then I'm in. Need something to pair up with Kylo.

I still worry about the final product whenever SS tries to sculpt an actor's likeness. :pray:

Scavenger Rey all the way, but still... I need to see what pose they end up going with. The likeness has me worried too. :)

Back