Premium Format Rey and BB-8 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rey and BB-8

I think the left arm positioning is better on the drawing rather than the sculpt.

I disagree. In that pose your arm would most likely be straight to support weight. Especially since her leg is bent.

I just think the drawing with the bent arm looks awkward.

Anywho, face sculpt in the photos looks good. I understand the photo quality is poo, but I like it so far. Sideshows response to us (mostly me hahaha) complaining about no light up sabers on Kylo and maul? Haha

1125x682_previewbanner_Rey_BB8.jpg

HD!!!!!

Not likely, but how amazing would it be if both arms came off and were replaced with a two handed saber arm pose? Haha

I know it's not in the film or anything, but. Light sabers are cool! Haha

This could be very expensive...I think i´m wait for a PF of Rey as Jedi (with lightsaber).

Man...I didn't think they'd do a Rey, as they seem to have distanced themselves from doing actor PFs and focused more on those with just helmets or droids and such. It looks really good so far, and I'm quite tempted...but unlike Prime 1's delivering exactly what the protos show in the final product, past actor resemblances have been sketchy with SS (Evans as Captain America, Thor, etc...)

I could see this prototype looking like a pretty solid representation of Daisy Ridley; however, it'd be hugely unfortunate to put in the $550+ that this will no doubt be, and have it look like a random girl in a Rey outfit over Ridley herself.

I do have my fingers crossed though, as I'd love it if it all turned out. Eager to see a reveal come Fall.

Man...I didn't think they'd do a Rey, as they seem to have distanced themselves from doing actor PFs and focused more on those with just helmets or droids and such. It looks really good so far, and I'm quite tempted...but unlike Prime 1's delivering exactly what the protos show in the final product, past actor resemblances have been sketchy with SS (Evans as Captain America, Thor, etc...)

I could see this prototype looking like a pretty solid representation of Daisy Ridley; however, it'd be hugely unfortunate to put in the $550+ that this will no doubt be, and have it look like a random girl in a Rey outfit over Ridley herself.

I do have my fingers crossed though, as I'd love it if it all turned out. Eager to see a reveal come Fall.

I just realized the " Fall 16" estimate is on there. I'm an idiot.

BB-8 being sold separate is totally feeding off of the huge success they had with Lobo and Dawg. I could see BB-8 being an additional $200 on top of whatever Rey ends up being.

I'd drop 550 ish, if it included a saber, swap out snow base, Poe Jacket, and BB-8 included with her.

With Kylo being $569.99 on his own, I could see Rey being $574.99 or even higher a couple of months from now. That's a serious investment without the guarantee that it'll come out looking like Ridley. The sculpt looks good so far, but most of their prototypes do. Their recent Winter Soldier Cap ended up terrible, which would be my fear for this.

I REALLY hope I'm proven wrong, as I don't want to be a negative nancy here. My Spider-Man PF turned out superb, Machiko looks fantastic, and I have faith that the upcoming Red Sonja will turn out just as nice as their prototype...or close enough to it that I'll be happy. But when it comes to a PF resembling an actor, that's a different ballgame. And for the cost that this'll no doubt be, that's a lot to wager on it turning out like Ridley and not like this "Chris Evans" portrait:

marvel-captain-america-premium-format-figure-3003771-01.jpg

Lol, was just talking yesterday about how SS had dissapointed me by doing 5 DC PF's and no new Star Wars PF's...and now this!!!

I can't wait to see a proto, but I wish it wasn't a Jakku base. I'd prefer a snowy Starkiler Base...uh base. I'm just not a fan of sandy or brown earth tones. Espically since her outfit will be shades of the same color as the base. I want some contrast.

Reguardless, I'll be picking this up IF it looks good. Sideshow's PF's based on actor's faces hasn't always been spot on. So we'll def have to wait and see what it looks like.

What is the cut out portion at the bottom of the base?

Hopefully the paint ends up being on par with the sculpt. I'm not in love with the pose, but if this ends up looking like Daisy then I will absolutely PO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Kylo being $569.99 on his own, I could see Rey being $574.99 or even higher a couple of months from now. That's a serious investment without the guarantee that it'll come out looking like Ridley. The sculpt looks good so far, but most of their prototypes do. Their recent Winter Soldier Cap ended up terrible, which would be my fear for this.

I REALLY hope I'm proven wrong, as I don't want to be a negative nancy here. My Spider-Man PF turned out superb, Machiko looks fantastic, and I have faith that the upcoming Red Sonja will turn out just as nice as their prototype...or close enough to it that I'll be happy. But when it comes to a PF resembling an actor, that's a different ballgame. And for the cost that this'll no doubt be, that's a lot to wager on it turning out like Ridley and not like this "Chris Evans" portrait:

View attachment 280003
WTF!!! Who dat? :lecture :rotfl :rotfl

WTF!!! Who dat? :lecture :rotfl :rotfl

:exactly: That's what I mean. It's so hard because I'd be so sad to put down a huge payment on this and then end up with a random girl dressed as Rey. As much as the sculpt may be on par from the looks of it, final product paint and mass produced sculpts will likely be off the prototype. I'm hoping it hits the mark, but I fear that it'll follow the same trend, and what'll be close to $600 is too much to pay for something that ends up like that Cap.

:exactly: That's what I mean. It's so hard because I'd be so sad to put down a huge payment on this and then end up with a random girl dressed as Rey. As much as the sculpt may be on par from the looks of it, final product paint and mass produced sculpts will likely be off the prototype. I'm hoping it hits the mark, but I fear that it'll follow the same trend, and what'll be close to $600 is too much to pay for something that ends up like that Cap.

What's SS return policy on "final product not as advertised"?

I guess this will be close to c3p0-r2ds pf price range, or even more. Yikes! They better get the face and sculpt right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshows response to us (mostly me hahaha) complaining about no light up sabers on Kylo and maul? Haha

Who or where did you hear or read Kylos saber doesn't light up? It lights up in the PF video and I'm betting the base will light up on the round red pieces.

Sorry I'm assuming you are referring to the PF Kylo

I guess it's just BS for the video but they have enough time to light it up. That's a hefty price with no light up features.

I was hoping Phasma was released instead so great. Well maybe I'll be done paying things off to get this or maybe just BB8.

Back