Revoltech Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was processed this morning as well, although I have my pile of loot on... hmmm, might just have to get it shipped now, don't know if I can wait...

Of course, once finally getting this in hand, the anticipation for the Queen, the Predator and JP T-Rex is only going to escalate.

Couldn't resist this little chap. Ordered through BBTS. Thanks for the reminder guys, it was a rough day at school and I wanted to reward myself.

Can't wait to see him here, but will probably just display him in packaging.

Yeah, well, I'm sure I'll break him open at some point. Like when I'm done with this semester. But the packaging looks so nice too. I may end up with two of these, like others.

Got my Revoltech Alien!!!

Here's a mini review:
Great packaging!
Awesome paint job!!! The paint has a metallic quality to it, you may not see it that well in my pics but in hand, it looks fantastic.

Egg & Facehugger are nice accessories. You also get a stand with a nameplate.

I seldom buy revoltech figures because I never really like how the click joints work. With revoltech you either get extremely good & tight joints or you get extremely loose joints. I always felt like I'm gambling whenever I'm buying revoltech figures cos you never know what type of joints you get.

For my Alien fig, the left arm socket is so tight, the joint fell apart the first time I move it....luckily it was an easy fix, simply have to snap the other half of the joint back. I also found it very awkward to pose due to the way the click joint works.

The body is split into 3 parts, with two revolver joints in between the parts. This allows a great deal of articulation in the
body.
4493855344_ea73112dd8_o.jpg

4493218911_a354999c4e_o.jpg

Nitpicks:
4493855822_a96c3a2571_o.jpg

The dome is removable for you to look at the skull detail...but it tends to come off a little too easily. Casual posing of the figure can make the dome drop off.

Tongue/2nd mouth is poorly implemented. It's a tiny tongue, I think it's too short. Doesn't stay in place when you want it too and you can see it protruding under the head when the mouth is closed.

Bendy tail is good with strong wire. But I felt that it should be slightly longer, just seem too short as compared to usual Alien figs.

I actually ordered two figures but decided to get just one due to short of funds after getting Medicom Kaneda+Bike. I have to say I'm pretty glad I just got one, cos I found the figure really hard to pose due to the joints (maybe I'm just impatient)

That said, this is still a fun & decent alien figure. The sculpting, details & paintwork are topnotch and very true to Giger's original design. Despite the nitpicks that I have with this figure, I still think it's definitely worthy of a purchase, especially if your a fan of the original Alien design.

ok no more words, onto the pictures!!!
4493213993_a7091b05d8_o.jpg

4493214569_36dfdbb179_o.jpg

4493217997_6369808f5b_o.jpg

4493220303_c212095bc1_o.jpg

4493857824_e98a620138_o.jpg

4493221601_67951f680a_o.jpg

4493859628_f620883315_o.jpg

Awesome pics and review kazuki!
The poses you got look fantastic and the backdrop is gorgeous.
Can't wait to get my two Alien revoltechs.

Awesome pics and review kazuki!
The poses you got look fantastic and the backdrop is gorgeous.
Can't wait to get my two Alien revoltechs.

Thks Abake!
I'm glad I finally found a use for Li II, Giger's artwork really compliments each other.

Do share your pics when you get them!

Back