Revenge Of Sith Lightsaber Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dooku sabers had problems with the rubber grips peeling off after awhile. The glue that MR used must not have been good for long term. A lot of the sabers have grips that are falling off or have fallen off completely.

Just some things off the top of my head

this is one of the reasons that i hate master replicas. for the prices they charge they gave sub-par customer support, turns out they had really crappy quality, not always reliable products, and the fact that they double dipped on products all the time. they are what got me into the serious collector's world before i found out about sideshow so i guess its just one step before the next, but im just really disappointed that they started out so promising with the luke and obi wan lightsabers and now they are ending on such a low note.

this is one of the reasons that i hate master replicas. for the prices they charge they gave sub-par customer support, turns out they had really crappy quality, not always reliable products, and the fact that they double dipped on products all the time. they are what got me into the serious collector's world before i found out about sideshow so i guess its just one step before the next, but im just really disappointed that they started out so promising with the luke and obi wan lightsabers and now they are ending on such a low note.

Disagree on their customer support. MR's customer support beats out Sideshows IMO. It doesnt take them 2 weeks to answer your email inquiry, and they had a fairly easy going replacement policy until just last year. Even now you can return things no questions asked, and they will pay for your shipping label. Sideshow makes you pay your own shipping unless there is damage to the item.

Also, I disagree that MR is ending on a low note. The Luke V2 and Mara Jade sabers were hits.

Disagree on their customer support. MR's customer support beats out Sideshows IMO. It doesnt take them 2 weeks to answer your email inquiry, and they had a fairly easy going replacement policy until just last year. Even now you can return things no questions asked, and they will pay for your shipping label. Sideshow makes you pay your own shipping unless there is damage to the item.

Also, I disagree that MR is ending on a low note. The Luke V2 and Mara Jade sabers were hits.

We won't know about that "final note" until people start receiving those two sabers, but I agree that the product selection was well-received.

My experiences with MR customer support were the best I've ever received from a toy/collectible company.

Well, hopefully I don't have to return anything to MR assuming I buy more. Cause I've heard the same thing from dealers and normal buyers that MR CS sucks. If I do buy something and have to return it I can only hope they're even close to as good as SS is.

The only dealing I have had with MR customer service was recently. I am getting a Gree helmet off the wait list. Amy from MR called me Saturday, left a polite message to call her back Monday, which I did, left a voicemail, and she got back to me a few hours later and placed the order for me over the phone. I checked my online account this morning and the order was listed. I'm satisfied.

Well, hopefully I don't have to return anything to MR assuming I buy more. Cause I've heard the same thing from dealers and normal buyers that MR CS sucks. If I do buy something and have to return it I can only hope they're even close to as good as SS is.

Dont know where you heard this, but either your sources are biased or very misinformed.

Ive been dealing with MR for 4 years now and never one bad thing to say about their CS. But I've got a couple complaints about Sideshow's....mainly the long wait period just for a response.

As much as I despise the people that run MR right now, I can't help but give credit where due, and that is their CS department.

That may be. I'm just going on what I've been told until I have to deal with it myself. I've never had to wait with SS. Maybe the longest I've waited is like 24hours. So I guess it all depends on the person. :)

I use to have mostly all of the minis, but pretty much sold them all. I still have the Episode III Obi-Wan and the Episode V Darth Vader (which is on sale now on their website for only $15, which is a steal).

Thanks! I did get a shipping email on my Maul CC mini. So I will add that to my collection.

I just got mine today (minus the ANH Luke which has now suddenly Sold Out even though I ordered it 10 days ago) and I have to say they are pretty sweet and even a little bigger than I thought. Now I may need the ROTS Set as well.

I just got mine today (minus the ANH Luke which has now suddenly Sold Out even though I ordered it 10 days ago) and I have to say they are pretty sweet and even a little bigger than I thought. Now I may need the ROTS Set as well.

Yeah, the ROTS set is nice. I'd get it if you want three of the coolest characters of the PT.

Back