Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta (post 32)

I guess that is good news for the future of the line when they sell out in about 48 hours.

Guess I'm going to have to start tracking the older ones down. Anyone have a list of all of them? Or a list of all Weta stuff overall; I'm interested in some other stuff, too.

Check the tracking threads above those should have everything.

Sold out already?? Good. Hopefully Weta starts making the next 10 helms on that list right away.

This looks great! I have almost all of them...only missing King Theodens helm. The base looks just like the ones from the Sideshow/Weta partnership.

Definitely pick up King Theodens helm. It's one of, if not THE most beautiful helm in the entire line.

These are Sold out,congrats to those who bagged one :)

I guess that is good news for the future of the line when they sell out in about 48 hours.

That is great news, indeed!

Sold out already?? Good. Hopefully Weta starts making the next 10 helms on that list right away.

:lecture:lecture

I proudly have every helm.....and it's great to see this get sold out...love the matching base that is shown so far

Still really bummed that they doubled the price and they're not even metal anymore.

Frankly that was one of the coolest things about the original line was that they were made of real metal.

Sigh . . .

Still really bummed that they doubled the price and they're not even metal anymore.

Frankly that was one of the coolest things about the original line was that they were made of real metal.

Sigh . . .

And my breakfast bars are getting smaller by the day as well. Sign of the times I guess. Has anyone priced a candy bar at Walmart lately? Used to be 44 cents, now 74. Percentage-wise that is awful. I caved and bought one of these new helms because frankly the dimensions seem really big to me.

The price is to be expected. The first helms came out almost 10 years ago. Metal is cool but i can't tell they are made of metal unless i pick them up. And i never do. They stay in a cabinet. And since i didn't know the new helm wasn't metal until somebody told me, what difference does it make?? Can't tell by looking at it.

I was bang on the price. Like you said its many years past the first one and one shouldn't really expect the price to be the same. The piece from what we can see in the pics looks to be worth it.

Sigh . . .

Does polyurtherane cracks on prolonged exposure to strong light.?.. I wonder how does the paint goes with this material in the long run... No storage conditions was ever suggested huh..

Last edited:

No we can't afford it. I'm not willing to pay any more $ for a little helm since Weta already doubled the price and halved the material quality.
There should be a vote on bringing back metal helms on the same price (50$). Weta's statement on the cost point is simply a lie.
I know enough other companies which are producing on the same cost/price level since years.

Or have you seen any company doubling there prices just because they do use metal?

If Weta wants a true point to justify the price point they should start thinking about paying their chinese workers more money which are working the whole day in factories..

The helm line has always been a nice side line to collect beside big expensive statues.
But increasing the price even more would make it a main line to many ppl.
And that ain't worth it anymore.

Last edited:
I have a lot of the originals one of my favourite lines, glad I got Sauron was really hard to find, though I missed the Gondorian's.
I will watch this line closely but not being metal is a major downer & makes the new line a pass for now...

I still like the fact that it is truly a Limited Edition...500 makes it the rarest helm with the witch king crown...

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the limitation.
I really disliked Weta's policy of open editions with the last statues.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the limitation.
I really disliked Weta's policy of open editions with the last statues.

Bag End and Rivendell made sense, and possibly Orthanc, because when The Hobbit comes out, new collectors will want to get them, so let them have a spending spree then close the open editions!

I really see no reason why metal cannot be used... maybe if we write enough they will hear us and change their mind... afterall its only 500 of them...and they are going to have more in the pipeline right?

The pic of this helm is in the collector book recently released, argo, other unreleased pieces will be able to see the light of day....one day..

like Moria cementary!

Not knowing how much money it takes nowadays to produce metal helms compared to 6 years ago, I wonder why Weta perceives the economy to be so bad that they decided that it was simply not an option to bring the helm line again in original metal materials.
The furor for LOTR items may not be the same that it was years ago, but 500 helms sold like hot bread for them. My poll at the other forum so far indicates that 50% of collectors are willing to spend just a little more to get a helm made out of metal, but not more than $25 extra or $75 per metal helm. 25% of collectors are simply not willing to pay more for a metal helm having to settle for the new polyurethane material.

Wonder if the problem is that Weta can no longer trade with the same company that did metal helms replicas for them in the past, or if it is the economy within NZ what is not right? Or is there a new CEO at Weta? After all Sideshow/Weta were able to make nice profits with only a $30 price tag for metal helms just 6 years ago.

Honestly I could not resist paying up to $100 per helm if the material is metal again, and my fear is that no matter how good it may look from the distance, there is going to be large disappointment when collectors finally lift the new helm and compare it's quality with the old products mostly missing its metal weight.

Back