RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

congerking said:
I just revisited your collection and it's still great. Question: I think I saw a john mcclain Die Hard figure next to jack from the shinning, am I correct? If I am, who made him?

That's the City Hero Johnny (John McClaine). He came in 3 versions (clean, dirty, and in an ugly outfit from the 2nd film). I have the clean version. He suffers a little from Medicom-tiny-toy-itus though. The same group made the first Brad Pitt from "Seven" and then used it for a "Fight Club" Durden. I'm looking for the "Seven" version if anyone has one.

DSC06259.jpg

Here's the box:

dashharder.jpg

Here's the production shot of the dirty version, but I've never seen one out of the box. I kinda like it better than the squeaky clean McClain, so if someone here has one--send me a pic!

BruceWillis2.jpg

The guy I bought mine from is FantAsiaToyz on eBay. He had one that didn't sell last week. Drop him a line--good dealer, I bought my Mr. Torrance off of him.

galactiboy said:
I just noticed that you've got a set of the Super Naturals now too? When did you get those? I've been trying to find a way to display mine for a while now but they never quite fit in anywhere... but they've always been some of my favorites.

I got those in Pittsburgh from a buddy, so I don't think I had them at Indian Valley. I'm actually thinking about selling them. They kinda bore me. But the 80's shelf is pimpin' boy!

My Jesus Collection:

DSC06231.jpg

DSC06178.jpg

This is my first Jesus figure, bought in 1994 at a Family Bookstore. The eyes are a little freaky!
DSC06183.jpg

Check out the club foot and blue eyes/red hair!
DSC06175.jpg

Yeah, a Resurrection playset! Can you believe it?
DSC06166.jpg

DSC06169.jpg

DSC06165.jpg

DSC06162.jpg

DSC06160.jpg

I like the Martini glass for the FG God figure... very classy :D

Part 2:
DSC06275.jpg

My least fav Jesus--Dollar Tree set from a few years ago.
DSC06290.jpg

Jesus as a MEGO--this set had a Peter, Paul, and Moses also.
DSC06280.jpg

This is the Jesus for the Rainfall series with the Resurrection playset.
DSC06282.jpg

This is the Jesus the Toys for Tots refused to give out this year. He looks like Gary Trudeau designed him.
DSC06286.jpg

And no Jesus collection would be complete w/o Willie Ames as BIBLEMAN!!!
DSC06288.jpg

My first post...and I must say Fantastic Collection..totally love the Jesus toys as well as...well everything else...

firefly2121 said:
My first post...and I must say Fantastic Collection..totally love the Jesus toys as well as...well everything else...

My 200th! Thanx and welcome Firefly. Are we talking Whedon or Hasbro?

That MC Hammer and the Jesus shelf crack me up. I really like how you've separated all figure collections by theme, it's a lot to take in but the fact that they are all on their own self make it easier to look at. Awesome collection though, I'd love to still have all of my Thundercats toys. :monkey2

I've added several new 1/6 figures to my collection recently The shelf is pretty much maxed out. In the Fall, Florida will get it's first IKEA and I plan on buying 4 Detolfs and putting them back to back in the middle of the room.

When I get the Detolfs, I plan on picking up the Fat Boy for the Sideshow T-800. I really like the Hot Toys version a lot more than I thought I would. I've broken the glasses TWICE NOW on the same side, but I like him better w/o.
DSC06334.jpg

DSC06337.jpg

This Deniro from the early part of "Taxi Driver" was a crappy kit bash attempt. The head on that Dragon body has no neck and the shirt and jacket are a little big (they came with the CRM Toys Travis Bickle--and those bodies are more of a true 1/6, whereas Dragon's are a little small). I bought him DML jeans for him and they were too big (like, rapper BIG), so I borrowed Detective Chow's jeans, but they look cheap. The cowboys boots I was really excited for--leather and handmade from War Toys. Well, again they're really big and look like Dutch clogs. And the head was one of those two-pack deals. Overall, I think it's a D+.

DSC06339.jpg

Thanks to Joe--I got myself a Mummy for X-Mas. You don't wanna know what he paid.

DSC06343.jpg

I know, I know--this shelf looks like a turd, but I want my effin' Detolfs. I got no more room to work with on this thing. But it will be nice shelf for smaller figures because it's only as deep as CD and I can put glass doors on it.

DSC06345.jpg

DSC06344.jpg

I got both these sets on the cheap @ Spencer's after X-mas. They're two of the most brillant pieces of television ever, so I needed a few figures. I'll open them eventually--they just stack nice in the box.

DSC06348.jpg

I moved all the military/political stuff to the top. I could do two levels here, but I have a platoon of first year G.I. Joes below and I don't want them to be hit with a falling Trump.

DSC06340.jpg

Like I said MAXED OUT! Logan has to chill with the Legends.

DSC06349.jpg

And as you leave the LOVE PALACE, OJ waves "Goodbye!"

DSC06352.jpg

Gotta love the OJ!

We just need to get him some ill-fitting black gloves :lol

Detolfs really are a great and relatively afforable option... I'm sure you'll be happy with them. But the funny thing is they are a lot bigger in person than you think they will be.

Slade, where do you live and how much is the tour of your house!?

Absolutely Jaw Dropping collection! :eek

Hey, you cna make short cuts in stopmotion as in Robot Chicken with so many figures:

robot-chicken.jpg

very nice collection!!!

:lol :lol :lol your collection has no end...great stuff

:rotfl :lol So I can see you've been doing your research on the shelves... that Mego collection is crazy :google

Back