RETURN of Slade's LOVE PALACE--Toy SeXXXyness since 1979

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SLADE'S LOVE PALACE FOR ACTION FIGURES

Great collection man... and to think I've helped to further it w/my own contributions to your sick habit!

Jesus shelf is still bumping hard... and bigger and better than when we lived together, but still hilarious to see that black shelving unit still in action :rotfl
But really great job and its much easier to see the collection here than on photobucket.

And for you guys that think the collection is impressive, he's nearly cut it in half over the past couple of years :google Dude is f'n hardcore!!!

galactiboy said:
Great collection man... and to think I've helped to further it w/my own contributions to your sick habit!

Jesus shelf is still bumping hard... and bigger and better than when we lived together, but still hilarious to see that black shelving unit still in action :rotfl
But really great job and its much easier to see the collection here than on photobucket.

And for you guys that think the collection is impressive, he's nearly cut it in half over the past couple of years :google Dude is f'n hardcore!!!

Thanks man! You have made some great contributions to this collection. My two favs are Huggy Bear and Deadwood Dick! And I appreciate your f'n eagle-eyes when it comes to seeing a good deal--mostly after you've already bought the figure! :D

Yeah, I've actually cut the collection down from 1,800 to around a 1,000 in the last year and a half. I sold a huge number of Power of the Force figures (I kept "buff" Luke), the new He-Man stuff (Mattel really irked me by abandoning this line, so sold it off), Spawn 3-18 (um...it's all worthless junk--along with Total Chaos, Wetworks, and Movie Maniacs), all the early Toy Biz stuff, a ton of G.I. Joes machines from the early years (yeah, I had the USS Flag), and a few great, rare pieces like the infamous Wrestling Mr. T on card. I plan to do some more grooming soon--Fist of the North Star anyone?

twistedfreak said:
Cool collection. That Bush and Osama.... HILARIOUS DUDE! Who made them?

The Bush is the bbi version. The Osama is the "Most Wanted" version that came in the plain black box that said "Most Wanted". No company is given on the box. The same people made the Saddam figure. I heard a rumor once that they had been made by the people at Armoury, but I've never confirmed that.

I love the Pogo figures! I used to have all of them as a kid. Now all I have is Albert Alligator. I'm not sure what happened to the rest. :monkey2

I wish I didn't have to surf blind from home (56K=images off for me). I can't wait to see what everyone loves so much. :pow :tap :D

sladesuperagent said:
The Bush is the bbi version. The Osama is the "Most Wanted" version that came in the plain black box that said "Most Wanted". No company is given on the box. The same people made the Saddam figure. I heard a rumor once that they had been made by the people at Armoury, but I've never confirmed that.
I believe Osama also came in a pink tutu version.

The good thing about the Osama and Saddam figures is that they are actually fairly good quality. Whether they are in bad taste (I've got Sadaam) or not is open for debate, but the figures were well made.

But the hero builder figures look pretty crappy, more trying to cash in on a quick buck than make a decent figure.

BTW, whats the cyclops figure with the other hollow plastic figures? Thats a pretty cool find!

First off, a freaking MacGyver figure, oh...my...freaking...god. I LOVED Mac when I was little, great figure, And I am surely feeling the love my friend, I'm feeling the love...

galactiboy said:
The good thing about the Osama and Saddam figures is that they are actually fairly good quality. Whether they are in bad taste (I've got Sadaam) or not is open for debate, but the figures were well made.

But the hero builder figures look pretty crappy, more trying to cash in on a quick buck than make a decent figure.

BTW, whats the cyclops figure with the other hollow plastic figures? Thats a pretty cool find!

Yeah, I've still never figured out where the Minotaur and Cyclops figures are from! I bought them from the same vendor at a flea market on two seperate occasions. They're most certainly old b/c the plastic is pretty thin and they are hollow. They both have springs in them. The Minotaur butts his head forward and the Cyclops can throw things. Anyone have any ideas..I'm stumped!?!?

congerking said:
First off, a freaking MacGyver figure, oh...my...freaking...god. I LOVED Mac when I was little, great figure, And I am surely feeling the love my friend, I'm feeling the love...

The MacGyver is a Brazilian figure made by Glasslite. I've seen them on eBay pretty cheap (no more than $20-$25). The figure looks nothing like him, but the card's artwork is great!

I think I had a Minotaur like that a long time ago .. I think the series was a "Creatures of Mythology" or something like that .. time to go do some detective work..

added: FOUND IT!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/40232

Crossbows and Catapults Battling Giants: Cyclops and Minotaur

Last edited:

ZombieReign said:
I think I had a Minotaur like that a long time ago .. I think the series was a "Creatures of Mythology" or something like that .. time to go do some detective work..

added: FOUND IT!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/40232

Crossbows and Catapults Battling Giants: Cyclops and Minotaur

That's AWESOME!!! Thanx man!!! I never thought to look for them in the board game world. And I honestly thought they were older than 1984 b/c the plastic is so hard (like, model car hard) and their shapes are so weird!

Great collection. Its sort of like one of those Where's Waldo books... There is so much to look at it that it takes a few sittings to even take one picture in. I love your Simpsons collection the best.

I have one question: With all that stuff why did you never bother to pick up series 2 of the Yellow Submarine figs?

Ok... I have another question... McGyver had a line of toys?!! MCGYVER??!!!!

Seriously awesome collection. I love Kytch. :D :duff

pixletwin said:
Great collection. Its sort of like one of those Where's Waldo books... There is so much to look at it that it takes a few sittings to even take one picture in. I love your Simpsons collection the best.

I have one question: With all that stuff why did you never bother to pick up series 2 of the Yellow Submarine figs?

Ok... I have another question... McGyver had a line of toys?!! MCGYVER??!!!!

Seriously awesome collection. I love Kytch. :D :duff

Thanx for the love! The Simpsons stuff has a few holes. I need Dr. Nick, Comic Book Guy, Agnus Skinner and few others from the final two series. I'd didn't go crazy for the variant Homers and Barts. I bought all the Be Sharp and Pin Pal versions, but ended up throwing them on eBay recently. Apu is talking on his own right this minute! That's the best part about them, they just go off by themselves at the weirdest moments. They scare the poo out of you sometimes!

The NECA John Lennon and McFarlane Animated Beatles were recent Xmas gifts...I just threw the Yellow Submarine stuff with it last week. That's why there's space on the shelf with the mixed tv/movie stuff. And the Sgt. Pepper Beatles came out when really I was burnt out on McFarlane. I mean, I went Spawn 1-18 (plus Total Chaos 1&2, Wetworks 1&2, Movie Maniacs) with him, WAAAAAAY back when he had the first 3 pages of ads in every Toyfare and his stuff was the new standard. I ended up selling all of it for pennies. :monkey4 :monkey2 :monkey4 :monkey2

And, at this point in collecting, it would have to take a really bad ass toy for me to buy something else by McFarlane. I've lost flavor for that scale and pretty much evolved into a 1/6 collector within the last year or two. I'm probably done with Marvel Legends at this point too.

Great collection you got there. LOTS of cool stuff!

AK :)

I just revisited your collection and it's still great. Question: I think I saw a john mcclain Die Hard figure next to jack from the shinning, am I correct? If I am, who made him?

I just noticed that you've got a set of the Super Naturals now too? When did you get those? I've been trying to find a way to display mine for a while now but they never quite fit in anywhere... but they've always been some of my favorites.

Back