Resistance 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KmxKXq_c478?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KmxKXq_c478?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

I like the way you do math.

I like the way you like the way I do math.

But it is correct, the first was my first PS3 game and I had a blast with it. The second one didn't live up to the hype and expectations. The 2nd one set the bar so low again, how could this one not be better right?

But it is correct, the first was my first PS3 game and I had a blast with it. The second one didn't live up to the hype and expectations. The 2nd one set the bar so low again, how could this one not be better right?

I agree. The first resistance was also my first PS3 game. Me and a buddy blazed through it on Co-op and had a blast. The second one...after it was finished just sort of left me with that "huh..." feeling

I'm hoping this one can bring it back around.

I also feel that Resistance is like the PS3's "great white hope" for FPS games. I got the first one with my PS3 because I kept hearing how awesome it was, and how it was better than anything I had played to that point. After playing through the first game I was really uninspired by what the game left me. It wasn't that it sucked, but I just feel that it was just average to what was currently available.

When part 2 came out I thought they would advance the game to complete A list status, but after playing that game for quite a while I'm afraid that it actually took a step backwards from the first game. From what has been shown to us from the third game it looks very promising, but I won't get my hopes up for anything spectacular.

I also feel that Resistance is like the PS3's "great white hope" for FPS games. I got the first one with my PS3 because I kept hearing how awesome it was, and how it was better than anything I had played to that point. After playing through the first game I was really uninspired by what the game left me. It wasn't that it sucked, but I just feel that it was just average to what was currently available.

When part 2 came out I thought they would advance the game to complete A list status, but after playing that game for quite a while I'm afraid that it actually took a step backwards from the first game. From what has been shown to us from the third game it looks very promising, but I won't get my hopes up for anything spectacular.

I would agree. I will stay firmly planted in my belief that the first game was only better than the ____ty library the ps3 had to offer at the time. Taken outside into the rest of the gaming world it was below average. The 2nd was more of the same only this time the ps3 offered more and the blinders came up.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="288" id="viddler"><param name="movie" value="https://www.viddler.com/player/a339c3aa/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="https://www.viddler.com/player/a339c3aa/" width="437" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYpN4sgaTxY"]‪Resistance 3 Survivor Edition Trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I think the survivor edition is UK only cause I cant find it for order anywhere in the US.

So looking forward to this one! Just a tad disappointed that they're making the amount of players far lesser than Resistance 2 in the multiplayer matches. That was a big draw for me, I mean come on 16 vs 16? The amount of chaotic fun with those numbers running around the map was legendary!

My thoughts exactly. Its hard for me to gets excited for this series any more but I am sure I will give it a try one day and it might change my mind. However unlikely :dunno

Nobody playing the multiplayer beta around here?

I downloaded it Tuesday night and finally gave it a try this morning. I only played one match but it didn't do much for me. Even if I really liked it I know I'm going to be putting a lot of time into Gears, Battlefield, and Uncharted mp in the coming months.

Resistance is a game I feel like I should like, but never really do. Not sure why. Part 3 hasn't even been on my radar because of all the big titles coming soon.

Nobody playing the multiplayer beta around here?

I downloaded it Tuesday night and finally gave it a try this morning. I only played one match but it didn't do much for me. Even if I really liked it I know I'm going to be putting a lot of time into Gears, Battlefield, and Uncharted mp in the coming months.

I did but only played it once. Didn't really like it. I like the larger number of players they had before.

Back