Media Resident Evil Revelations 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2?

I didn't have the online adapter at launch and I got into it about a year before they took the servers down, but even by then it still had a pretty active community. What I loved about it was, you could get separated from the other players and you didn't have to go room to room with each other.

One time in particular in Outbreak 2, we were doing the 5th scenario, I took a wrong turn and the other three players went a different way... and I spent a good hour and a half trying to find them :lol

Never did though, they ended up completing the game without me. Outbreak 1 & 2 are probably, my favorite online experiences I've had, only downside I can think of was no mics.

My PS2 died on me before these games came out so I never got to enjoy playing them. From what I hear from people that did play them is that they were really awesome. I did read something a while back that some people were trying to revive the game by hosting their own servers to play, but I never did hear if they got it online or not. I'd definitely be interested in playing another game like these if they ever released.

My PS2 died on me before these games came out so I never got to enjoy playing them. From what I hear from people that did play them is that they were really awesome. I did read something a while back that some people were trying to revive the game by hosting their own servers to play, but I never did hear if they got it online or not. I'd definitely be interested in playing another game like these if they ever released.

It was revived online, but I believe you needed a JPN PS2 and a JPN version of the game. I think the group made their own servers, but I'm not sure they kept it going. If Capcom ever brings it back, I demand that you play it :lol

It wasn't like the greatest online game ever, and playing the single player felt mediocre, but having three other people with you made it such an experience. You could barricade doors together to keep zombies from getting in, each character had their own special perks (making special weapons, picking locks, carry more items). Each game had five scenarios each, most of which were based on previous areas from RE2, but there was plenty of brand new ones as well. My personal favorite was scenario "Outbreak" from the first game, since it was basically an escape from the Bar that every character happened to be at and you go from there trying to get out of the city.

The beginning of the "Outbreak" scenario.

Last edited:

Yeah I read about it and it sounds pretty fun. I prefer co-op games than multiplayer anyways because it's fun and more entertaining than the others.

Revelations 2 takes place on an island.

Maybe Rockfort island :D

Oh-My-God-GIF_1.gif

oh..Wait...

source?

“It (the E3 reveal) is soon yes, but I never said it’ll be Resident Evil 7″, said one of the forum users. He also added that “One thing is for sure, fans will scrutinize their screens during coming days and weeks and this is where the REVELATION will unfold "

They didn't show the game, but he clearly hinted it was related to Revelations, and now we have this Revelations 2 box art... the guy seems trustworthy

giphy.gif

Well I'm going by what was said on here when rumors were going around that RE7 was to be shown. I stopped going to THIA since there is too many pricks on there, Newsbot included.

Nahh no one said anything about re7

Newsbot has never been wrong. And he's one of the better users on thia. There's a **** load of stupid ****s on there ill give ya that.

A member on here said that NB said it, so yes someone said it and I took their word on it.

I remember first posting about it in the RE7 thread but even stated that Newbot said it wasn't going to be RE7. I'll try to find my post so we can spark more conversation :panic:

Here it is:

Reliable hardcore Resident Evil fan "News Bot" has posted hints towards the new RE game to be revealed at E3:

-It's not Resident Evil 7, but a spin-off like Revelations.

-There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven't been seen in over a decade in a canon game story and one has never had an "in-game" appearance.

-Regarding the one who doesn't appear in-game, I should be a little more specific. They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no "active" appearance yet. It's not someone from the canon movies/comics.

-Like Revelations, the game will center on these three but will also have a plethora of other characters.

This is all he'd say since he didn't want to lose his sources. Funny enough, his hints/rumors have appeared on several sites already. This guy runs Project Umbrella and only posts factual information, to include several interviews and histories regarding the RE franchise over the years. The guy doesn't bull ****, so here's hoping he's telling the truth.

My money is on Rebecca, Claire, and Alex Wesker or HUNK. Rebecca and Claire are two females that haven't been in a canon game story in over 10 years. HUNK has never been in a game story officially since RE2 and has since only been in mini-games (also had his own document in CV). Of course, there's Alex Wesker mentions in RE5's Lost in Nightmares but we've yet to see him (or possibly her?). Barry and Billy are also possibilities as they haven't been seen in 10+ years in an official capacity neither. I could say the same for Carlos and Steve I guess. As for a possible female never having an "in-game" appearance, my only guess is Veronica herself.

So, any guesses as to who the three characters will be?

I think this might be the best RE since 2/4 to finally come out.

Haven't seen **** but I have high hopes.

RE2/4 good? Nah, but it will be better than RE6... which isn't difficult at all since the bar was so low. I hope Hunk finally becomes a playable character.

Back