Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

Honestly, I'd love it for Capcom to release every RE game in an HD remaster (up the last gen games). I'd buy those up in a heartbeat. I still have my classic consoles, but it's getting difficult to hook them up to the newer TVs and audio receivers and still achieve a decent enough picture quality.

That's why you use emulators.

Speaking of games & emulators, I've got a DVD filled with old arcade ROM games. Any game you can think of, I've got it - it's magic. :monkey2 :rock

Unfortunately, I can't run them at the moment, because I've since installed Windows 7 professional onto my dinosaur PC - & the games won't work properly.

I think it's got something to do with the video card that the guy put in - it's garbage. I was better off keeping Windows XP (even though Microsoft aren't providing updates for that anymore). I could've just kept the dinosaur for old games & some storage. :gah:

why not just get the Code Veronica X HD version on PS3 & Xbox360 instead.

or PS2/Gamecube version should run better on emulator.

If you guys still own a physical copies, try downloading EPSXE for PC, it upscales and runs your PS1 games in HD and taking advantage of your GPU. The results can be truly stunning. I took some shots of RE2, and you'll never get this level of detail on the PS3, notice how the images are free from artifacts, aliasing and how much you can make out faces compared to any Sony hardware:

15922566162_2d6dc314c5_o.png

15735774268_dc024128ba_o.png

RE2, might be the most bellyached by fans in need of some kinda remake. RE2 did everything right, in a lot of ways it's superior to every other game in the series.

Hard to believe they built the original version of RE2 to somewhere around 70% and scrapped it, and then built a new game from scratch. Reason was, it was too similar to the original game. Although a lot of what was in the prototype spilled over into the later games. Locations, items, weapons, monsters etc.

I don't get why people saying RE2 is the best among all, to me the gameplay is pretty similar to your newer COD gameplay instead of focusing on surviving & avoiding combat they give you tons of guns & ammo to blast your way through. They did have good enemies like Lickers. It lacks the isolation & horror the original had, Remake really did a good job at improving RE1 overall, i would rate Remake the best in terms of graphic/gameplay/music. haven't tried Remake HD.

A Zero HD would be on higher priority, unless it's limited to Nintendo only.

I don't mind Outbreak + Outbreak 2 HD on PC with Multiplayer.

I'm sure others have said it many times already, but I'd LOVE to own a remastered version of RE2 - that would be pretty damn cool. :cool:

I don't get why people saying RE2 is the best among all, to me the gameplay is pretty similar to your newer COD gameplay instead of focusing on surviving & avoiding combat they give you tons of guns & ammo to blast your way through. They did have good enemies like Lickers. It lacks the isolation & horror the original had, Remake really did a good job at improving RE1 overall, i would rate Remake the best in terms of graphic/gameplay/music. haven't tried Remake HD.

But blasting through monsters is every RE :dunno

But you don't get explosions everywhere and an army of infected shooting guns at you. RE2 is great because the characters were the most interesting of the series, for me anyway. And the story and location was so far removed from what the first game was without it being a carbon copy, but still kept the formula. Although you could compare the RPD to the Mansion in a lot of ways. REmake is great, but it really comes down to personal preference on being the best. The majority of the fan base sides with RE2 over the rest.

But blasting through monsters is every RE :dunno

But you don't get explosions everywhere and an army of infected shooting guns at you. RE2 is great because the characters were the most interesting of the series, for me anyway. And the story and location was so far removed from what the first game was without it being a carbon copy, but still kept the formula. Although you could compare the RPD to the Mansion in a lot of ways. REmake is great, but it really comes down to personal preference on being the best. The majority of the fan base sides with RE2 over the rest.

To be fair you don't really blast every monster in sight in RE1 or Remake, the scarcity of ammo & guns discourages you to do so, until mid-end game where you stockpiled all the ammos & big guns.

RE2 on the other hand requires you to blast your way tru tight corridors although it's possible to avoid them. Lots of ammo to waste. But the difficulty is higher on RE2, and also RE3.

I don't know much about the characters in RE2, they don't really tell you much about Leon, Claire & Ada, Leon's the typical rookie cop, Claire a finding lost brother sister, Ada the mysterious spy, maybe Hunk & Wesker are abit mystical but i don't really have strong impression compared to RE1. Remake has much deeper character like Barry the Gunnut who prefers revolvers & forced to join Wesker againsts his own will, Wesker the backstabber traitor we all know, The farmhouse area was scary. People who complain RE4,5,6 becoming action oriented don't realize alot of elements were inherited from RE2. Outbreak 1 & 2 are more original to RE1.

To be fair you don't really blast every monster in sight in RE1 or Remake, the scarcity of ammo & guns discourages you to do so, until mid-end game where you stockpiled all the ammos & big guns.

RE2 on the other hand requires you to blast your way tru tight corridors although it's possible to avoid them. Lots of ammo to waste. But the difficulty is higher on RE2, and also RE3.

I don't know much about the characters in RE2, they don't really tell you much about Leon, Claire & Ada, Leon's the typical rookie cop, Claire a finding lost brother sister, Ada the mysterious spy, maybe Hunk & Wesker are abit mystical but i don't really have strong impression compared to RE1. Remake has much deeper character like Barry the Gunnut who prefers revolvers & forced to join Wesker againsts his own will, Wesker the backstabber traitor we all know, The farmhouse area was scary. People who complain RE4,5,6 becoming action oriented don't realize alot of elements were inherited from RE2. Outbreak 1 & 2 are more original to RE1.

Like I said it comes down to preference. I mean, if I had to pick a second favorite it would definitely be the REmake. I can't wait to get it on PS4 with the purdy visuals. I'm just not keen on the character models.

It's a little hard to explain on why we all love RE2 so much, but it did help set some standards for the series and had a lot of replayability. I still want to replay it myself, in particular to experience the infamous Nightmare difficulty. Anyone ever try it? I've watched playthroughs, it's pretty crazy. Enemies kill you so easily, and zombies need more than a full clip.

You mean in REmake? RE2 just has normal and rookie right?

And nah nightmare mode is dream cast only. Might be on pc too but I dunno.

It's weird, some versions of RE2 on PC have Nightmare, some don't. I think it's the foreign ones that do.

I know Dreamcast does as well

It's weird, some versions of RE2 on PC have Nightmare, some don't. I think it's the foreign ones that do.

I know Dreamcast does as well

Get out! I didn't know that there was a Nightmare mode for RE2 on any system. I completed RE2 on the PlayStation, N64 & GameCube but I had no idea that the Dreamcast version came with this added difficulty extra. This has come as a bit of a shocker.

I've never owned a PS3 but I'm guessing that this difficulty wasn't added to the PS Network downloadable version? Can anyone confirm this, please.

Get out! I didn't know that there was a Nightmare mode for RE2 on any system. I completed RE2 on the PlayStation, N64 & GameCube but I had no idea that the Dreamcast version came with this added difficulty extra. This has come as a bit of a shocker.

I've never owned a PS3 but I'm guessing that this difficulty wasn't added to the PS Network downloadable version? Can anyone confirm this, please.

My PS1 copy of RE2 has nightmare mode. I unlocked it after finishing the campaign on Normal. Not sure if it's only mine or not? I did buy the copy sealed off of eBay a LONG time ago......

It is not on the PSN copy, I can confirm this. What version of the ps1 do you have jroe? I read only pc and dream cast had nightmare

Then I don't understand why you folks whom adore RE2 so much can end up hating RE4 & 5 so much, the only difference other than non-tank controls & ability to aim is you get crowds of enemies to balance out the new targeting system, but don't forget they added Lost Nightmare to give you some RE1 vibe. I figure the tank system adds more suspense and the headshot is based on luck and can turn the situation around but RE4 & 5 pretty much inherited most things from RE2. RE6 is less refined but the environment paid alot of tribute to the older RE games but yes RE6 plays like poo so i can understand why people hate it, along with Operation Raccoon City.

Like I said it comes down to preference. I mean, if I had to pick a second favorite it would definitely be the REmake. I can't wait to get it on PS4 with the purdy visuals. I'm just not keen on the character models.

It's a little hard to explain on why we all love RE2 so much, but it did help set some standards for the series and had a lot of replayability. I still want to replay it myself, in particular to experience the infamous Nightmare difficulty. Anyone ever try it? I've watched playthroughs, it's pretty crazy. Enemies kill you so easily, and zombies need more than a full clip.

Yet nobody seems to like Outbreak series, it's much more difficult than the rest in the series, mainly due to the infection rate which forces you to rush. also it has much more enemies & way less ammo & guns.

Difficulty doesn't equal fun, not all the time. RE2 had aspects such as sense of atmosphere, and presence. And RE5 had NO aspect of horror at all, or that much that made the series what it is to us. Even if it did, it was dropped before the half way point of the way with the cover system and enemies getting guns.

No one here hates on RE4, so where you got that from, I don't know. :lol RE4 blended horror and action together while revitalizing the overall system. It did drop horror right in the last two chapters, but that's fine. You could say at some point in the climax, the RE games aren't really scary at that point.

Difficulty doesn't equal fun, not all the time. RE2 had aspects such as sense of atmosphere, and presence. And RE5 had NO aspect of horror at all, or that much that made the series what it is to us. Even if it did, it was dropped before the half way point of the way with the cover system and enemies getting guns.

No one here hates on RE4, so where you got that from, I don't know. :lol RE4 blended horror and action together while revitalizing the overall system. It did drop horror right in the last two chapters, but that's fine. You could say at some point in the climax, the RE games aren't really scary at that point.

Lost Nightmare had tones of Atmosphere & Horror in it.

RE4 horror? All i see is madmen running around trying to hack you alive, the background offers somesort of small vile vibe but that's it.

In terms of Atmosphere, you guys should fall in love with RE6, 1st part is very RE2 like.

Back