Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

Really? ****. :lol

You fight Nemesis at the end of RE3 though, don't you?

I thought that was just before you get rescued by the cavalry in the chopper..

Really? ****. :lol

You fight Nemesis at the end of RE3 though, don't you?

I thought that was just before you get rescued by the cavalry in the chopper..

You do fight Nemesis at the end, and the entire game as well. You fight him a good ten times through the entire game when you trigger certain events in the story.

Man, my memory is worse than I thought. :lol

I just watched that clip (thanks), & I totally thought that was the end of RE3 - shows how long it's been for me.

It's amazing how good RE1 was back in 1996 - still holds up beautifully.

I don't know if I'd say beautiful :lol but for 20 years ago, it's not bad.

I assume this is from the PC version since it's pretty clean looking.

Zj2q6e9.jpg

One thing I'll praise is how the pre-rendered backgrounds look. It's one thing through the PS1 era RE games that always looked great, even today.

Some RE2 images.

RCwR4Zz.jpg

FShBaAs.png

F6BDtMW.jpg

0Rmfat4.jpg

Well, you know what I mean I think. :lol

Yeah, those RE2 backgrounds are excellent - gotta get a copy!! :gah:

What I am, and have been confused about for awhile, is the RE2 was one of if not the most popular Resident Evil.....why isn't Capcom giving it an HD Remake as well?

I honestly think they believe Survival Horror is dead, and won't sell why. Which is why they went the COD route.

If you guys still own a physical copies, try downloading EPSXE for PC, it upscales and runs your PS1 games in HD and taking advantage of your GPU. The results can be truly stunning. I took some shots of RE2, and you'll never get this level of detail on the PS3, notice how the images are free from artifacts, aliasing and how much you can make out faces compared to any Sony hardware:

15922566162_2d6dc314c5_o.png

15735774268_dc024128ba_o.png

Dat clarity. I do have physical copies of all the PS1 games, but I need an original RE1 version since I got the Director's Cut with the awful music.

Dat clarity. I do have physical copies of all the PS1 games, but I need an original RE1 version since I got the Director's Cut with the awful music.

Great! All you need is EPSXE (It's free). It's not even demanding, I think even a crappy laptop could handle these. Gone are the horrible jaggies that plagued the PS1/2/3. :lol

resievil2_006-large.jpg

Great! All you need is EPSXE (It's free). It's not even demanding, I think even a crappy laptop could handle these. Gone are the horrible jaggies that plagued the PS1/2/3. :lol

resievil2_006-large.jpg

I guess my potato PC could run it :lol

I'd love to be able to record game playthroughs with commentary. So many old school games I would do.

Have you guys not heard of emulators before lmao?

Have you seen behind the mask or hazardous battle?

Emulators are the only way I'll play N64 and PS1 games now. Actually makes the games look crisp, clear, and HD.

I honestly think they believe Survival Horror is dead, and won't sell why. Which is why they went the COD route.

I hate COD for that fact. It seems like every game nowadays has to "be like COD or it won't sell" it's ridiculous.

I'm sure others have said it many times already, but I'd LOVE to own a remastered version of RE2 - that would be pretty damn cool. :cool:

:lecture Me too. Besides Code Veronica, it's still my favorite RE game. It was my first, and that's probably why I gravitate towards it more than the others.

I hate COD for that fact. It seems like every game nowadays has to "be like COD or it won't sell" it's ridiculous.

People acknowledge COD is redundant at this point, but still sells a ton. :huh

:lecture Me too. Besides Code Veronica, it's still my favorite RE game. It was my first, and that's probably why I gravitate towards it more than the others.

It's the most immersive I think, and the replay value never decreases. I've done dozens and dozens of playthroughs :lol

Honestly, I'd love it for Capcom to release every RE game in an HD remaster (up the last gen games). I'd buy those up in a heartbeat. I still have my classic consoles, but it's getting difficult to hook them up to the newer TVs and audio receivers and still achieve a decent enough picture quality.

Back