Media Resident Evil REmake 2 basically confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like things are in motion as of today...

...but that of course could change

This is good news obviously, but I'm still holding my breathe until we get confirmation... if they go with another action based mechanic... ughhh.

If fans demand that it's like RE6, cause some fools relaly liked Chris's campaign most of all, I think we can give up hope on RE2make.

I really hope all the tracks from the original come back, but in the way it was done in REmake... making them more moody and scary.

With how successful the HD release of the GC Resident Evil and how positively all the reviews noted how refreshing it was to play an of the older style RE game again I find it hard to believe Capcom would remake 2 in the style of a later game. We're all but guaranteed a classic RE game with this. I could however see them building the environments in engine rather than as pre-rendered backgrounds hand have a few panning camera moments like they did with Code Veronica, and that would allow for more dynamic and modern looking story scenes but still allow the classic style gameplay.

As long as it's fixed camera angle, subjectively bad controls, cheesy voice acting and cutscenes, I'm good :lecture and Paul Mercier as Leon maybe? Though CV style would be fine, that did help

An RE4 style remake of RE2 wouldn't be bad per se...but I'd prefer a classic series version.

Hey it worked in RE4 at least! It only started to fail on RE5 onward.

It would actually be cool if we got both options...but I still want the classic camera angle only, to fit in with REmake as well.

RE4 could only work the way it was built... tank controls and awkward camera angles were fine as is in RE2. REmake would of been **** with over the shoulder.

I wouldnt mind Re 4 camera. I dont mind if its not pre-rendered, but aslong as you still have limited movement. Re 6 and Revelations 2 mobility would make the game a cake walk.

There must be no " item drops " from dead enemies. Unless of course, its in context like searching a dead police officer and getting hand gun ammo. I dont want a big shiney blue god ray letting me know ive got some gold to pick up off the corpse of a zombie i just downed

Hidden items are a most, and we can't have a metric ton of ammo in every corner. No melee either.

I could see them making the knife its own trigger like RE4-5 just so when the clip runs dry you can switch to the knife without having to jump into the item menu. Little changes like that would be rad and not blow the classic feel. Kind of like how they later included a reload button so you didn't have to manually go into the menu every time you took a few shots to make sure your gun was full.

2DeENp6.jpg

If fans demand that it's like RE6, cause some fools relaly liked Chris's campaign most of all, I think we can give up hope on RE2make.

That whole was a mess.... :lol Leon couldn't even save it. They should reboot 6.

Atari_E.T._Dig-_Alamogordo,_New_Mexico_(14036097792).jpg

:lol the gold makes sense in RE4 cause they're pesos, and Spainish region. Health? Ammo? Nah.
That whole was a mess.... :lol Leon couldn't even save it. They should reboot 6.

Atari_E.T._Dig-_Alamogordo,_New_Mexico_(14036097792).jpg
Some of the fans loved it though, probably being CoD children. Hell some of my viewers bitched at me for hating RE6 and I know most of them are into CoD! They even said "Chris's section was the best, Leon was the worst". I wish I was making this up :dunno

Back