Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like PureArts got permission to make a better sculpt for their Jill statue after all.
I remember them talking about how they were disappointed that Capcom wouldn't allow them to make something with more expression.
Screenshot_20231104_225139_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20231105_023930_Instagram.jpg

I’m curious why do people want a CV remake so much? Only played CV once a few years ago and did not enjoy it.

The most common reasons I see for a remake is “ I didn’t play it” or “ it needs a remake more than other games” RE4 specifically but does anyone actually like CV?

I kind of feel like they're gonna go with a remake for RE5 next, then maybe RE9. I'd be surprised if they showed anything regarding an RE1 remake within the next two years. Code Veronica is the only game I haven't played in the series, so I'd definitely be on board for that remake. I can't really see them do any more remasters though, since we've already gotten remakes for most of them. Unless Capcom will start shifting their focus to the Revelations series. I kinda doubt it though. A Code Veronica remaster might be possible instead of a full remake. Would be darn shame though.
They eveb teased the RE5 ship at the end of RE4. Its pretty much confirmed

I’m curious why do people want a CV remake so much? Only played CV once a few years ago and did not enjoy it.

The most common reasons I see for a remake is “ I didn’t play it” or “ it needs a remake more than other games” RE4 specifically but does anyone actually like CV?
It was a stepping stone in RE canon and lore; the return of Chris Redfield as a protagonist, Wesker risen from the dead and being the big baddie. Not to mention the first to be outside of the Arklay area. As well as this, it tells us about the founders of the Umbrella Corporation, the Ashford family, and their impact on the world.

It was let down massively by the anime storyline and ridiculous characters (whicj affected the series BADLY) and deserves better for what the game represents, not necessarily because of how the game actually turned out. I enjoy playing it, but will admit that is profusely awful... I like it as a RE nut not just because it sucks so bad it's fun, but because of what it contains.

Can you imagine what they could do with the Ashfords these days? They'd be awesomely creepy. The mental health of Alfred was never looked into properly and there's a cracking opportunity for character development there alone. The island and the Antarctic facility are both great backdrops for not just horror, but the action that comes with it.

Of all the RE titles, CV is the one that feels like an epic adventure to me. It needs it's chance to shine with a remake so good it completely eclipses the original, like they did with RE1.

How are Master Team's figures, close to prototype? Are they usually available after release? I don't know if I should order their Leon or if a better one might pop up.

How are Master Team's figures, close to prototype? Are they usually available after release? I don't know if I should order their Leon or if a better one might pop up.
Theyre identical to proto. Face paint is always very nice quality. Their figures sell out fast but will be available a until few months after release day for sure.

I don’t know how limited they are but they sell out fast. Depending on the character. I did notice they go up in price months later. They hardly get broken down on eBay and some US retailers hardly carry them. With MT you get what you see when it comes to their prototypes. They’re consistent.

I wonder if Swtoys has a Leon planned as well. They have Ashley and Ada but no Leon, same goes with Super Duck. If want a cohesive so far it’s Hot Heart and MT with Leon, Ada and Ashley.

Theyre identical to proto. Face paint is always very nice quality. Their figures sell out fast but will be available a until few months after release day for sure.

I don’t know how limited they are but they sell out fast. Depending on the character. I did notice they go up in price months later. They hardly get broken down on eBay and some US retailers hardly carry them. With MT you get what you see when it comes to their prototypes. They’re consistent.

I wonder if Swtoys has a Leon planned as well. They have Ashley and Ada but no Leon, same goes with Super Duck. If want a cohesive so far it’s Hot Heart and MT with Leon, Ada and Ashley.
Thanks! If their Adas and Ashleys are anything to go by I won't like SW or Super Duck Leon. I ordered MT Leon, who knows if there'll be a better RE4R version.

I think that's mostly due to the paintjob and horrible eye decals. Sculpt itself is the closest of all the Ada sculpts I've seen so far.

A good repaint could make it shine.
Im shocked Damtoys released her in this state. Not even third party headsculpts look this bad. Claire and Leon don’t have a stellar paintjob either but atleast there’s some nice skintexture and detail in the eyebrows.

Ada hurts to look at. She looks very uncanny valley. It’s what I’d expect the aliexpress recast to look like. I do agree sculpt wise she looks very accurate. Hopefully someone can repaint it and show us the real potential this sculpt has.

Im shocked Damtoys released her in this state. Not even third party headsculpts look this bad. Claire and Leon don’t have a stellar paintjob either but atleast there’s some nice skintexture and detail in the eyebrows.

Ada hurts to look at. She looks very uncanny valley. It’s what I’d expect the aliexpress recast to look like. I do agree sculpt wise she looks very accurate. Hopefully someone can repaint it and show us the real potential this sculpt has.
It's just a matter of time until somebody sends it over to 357partment. 🙂

1699578015098.png

This is my collection if anyone is interested

The spiders really like them too, I constantly have to keep brushing off the webs lmao

If anyone has Ada from Damtoys, be careful when changing the hands with the head on, head flew off whilst taking a hand off from the force of it, luckily got no damage as far as I can see but it landed on my headphones which was on my bed and I heard fairly loud tap and my heart sank but luckily nothing happened, in fact I think it loosened the hair that can be changed which probably goes in my favour because I think it was quite stiff at first.

Attachments

• IMG_20231110_005447.jpg
    IMG_20231110_005447.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231110_005449.jpg
    IMG_20231110_005449.jpg
    695.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231110_005453.jpg
    IMG_20231110_005453.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231110_005455.jpg
    IMG_20231110_005455.jpg