Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did MT ever recommend a specific body for their Ada kit?
I'd normally go with a TBL body, but since theres no exposed skin, I suppose it wouldn't really be necessary.
Dunno if they did but I would still get a tbleague body. Tight clothing like Ada’s looks way better on a more realistic body as you can subconsciously see joints underneath them. And the shape of the bodyparts are more realistic. TBL bodies are also a bit curvier, which is a lot sexier.

I used the Poptoys type bodies (which I believe is a copy of like 2013 black widow hot toys) on most of my female characters in my collection and I’m so sick of all the female characters looking the exact same, having the same silhouette. Unique heights and bodyproportions really bring figures to life.

I really like the headsculpt from Bring Arts out of the available options
Bring Arts? Dude that’s another company producing Square Enix figures🤣 it’s By Art, you can see the logo on the promo pics, or as people mentioned here, By Art
SW still has my favorite clothing set and value, but I think I like the standard ByArt sculpt the best.
I don’t get why people like it, of course it is subjective, but I can’t see the likeness on Ada there. It is a good pretty sculpt, but not looking like Ada the most.

I don’t get why people like it, of course it is subjective, but I can’t see the likeness on Ada there. It is a good pretty sculpt, but not looking like Ada the most.

I really fail to see Ada in any of those sculpts, so I'm just going off of which I think looks the best appearance wise. That smiling sculpt is a mess though.

IMG_20230815_214711.jpg
just curious does anyone do this with their 1:6 weapons before putting them back in storage when you swap out your figs poses?

View attachment 656419just curious does anyone do this with their 1:6 weapons before putting them back in storage when you swap out your figs poses?
I sometimes do, but it's usually to see what's gone missing. I swear I always find bits and pieces right after I've put the box back into storage. lol

always seemed to me that Asian likenesses are the easiest to get right but not one of these Adas looks very game accurate, not even the $80 unpainted sculpt 😅

Lol I think getting a good paint job can make all the difference, I might see if Pabs can show me what the painted is like.

Likeness looks really good but the hair looks like spaghetti. The hair texture is a bit too defined

always seemed to me that Asian likenesses are the easiest to get right but not one of these Adas looks very game accurate, not even the $80 unpainted sculpt 😅
Sculpt isn't doing it for me. Likeness just isn't there imo. Wrong head shape. Eyes look weirdly compressed and not wide enough. Nosebridge too wide. And the hair... yeah, that's just really bad.

I'd gladly pay 80 bucks or even more for a custom sculpt, but there should be a minimum level of quality and this one unfortunately doesn't have it.

1692310987000.png

Sculpt isn't doing it for me. Likeness just isn't there imo. Wrong head shape. Eyes look weirdly compressed and not wide enough. Nosebridge too wide. And the hair... yeah, that's just really bad.

I'd gladly pay 80 bucks or even more for a custom sculpt, but there should be a minimum level of quality and this one unfortunately doesn't have it.

View attachment 656771
While I don’t think this is necessarily the best sculpt atm, especially with that hair, the head shape isn’t wrong at all—In the 3D photo it’s facing straight on towards the camera but that sculpt is tilted down in comparison which just makes the chin appear longer due to the angle. The eyes definitely look small at face value, but that’s where paint comes in. Not to mention, nose contouring is magical and that sculpt’s nose bridge is in no way too wide lol??
IMG_9361.png

All the apparent issues, minus the hair, are really going to be unnoticeable with a decent paint app. This is exactly why most companies announce their unpainted sculpts with screenshots of it inside modeling software with really harsh shadows applied

While I don’t think this is necessarily the best sculpt atm, especially with that hair, the head shape isn’t wrong at all—In the 3D photo it’s facing straight on towards the camera but that sculpt is tilted down in comparison which just makes the chin appear longer due to the angle. The eyes definitely look small at face value, but that’s where paint comes in. Not to mention, nose contouring is magical and that sculpt’s nose bridge is in no way too wide lol??
View attachment 656783

All the apparent issues, minus the hair, are really going to be unnoticeable with a decent paint app. This is exactly why most companies announce their unpainted sculpts with screenshots of it inside modeling software with really harsh shadows applied
I agree with a lot of that, but for me the sculpt of the upcoming damtoys ada is just superior to this one, or any other ada sculpt I have seen. No reason to invest in a relatively pricey custom when the sculpt is worse than that one.

The Pabs is £80 so not $80, more like $100. Pretty much the average price for a custom sculpt.

do people prefer re2 remake or re4 remake ada wong face?
Personally I prefer RE4 remake appearance just in general but both of them are beautiful. I love how they aged up the models in RE4 instead of completely changing the appearance like many other games did. While RE2 remake and RE4 remake Leon look different u can tell they are the same person. Love that quality detail.

Also where's MT Leon? Just show something :monkey4 :monkey2

Back