Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potatoes being a potato again

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

me thinks the hairstyle is off, totally like Kid Connor. at least from the front view. like he just got a new haircut.

mouth also not thick & wide enough.

me thinks the hairstyle is off, totally like Kid Connor. at least from the front view. like he just got a new haircut.

mouth also not thick & wide enough.

Might be the paint throwing you off - little lighter colour here and there and it's basically the right hair. Mouth could be wider, but he's really not far off at all.

leon sculpt comparison

Edit: attachment is tiny so replaced.

Yes, just like I said above, the highlights are not painted yet. For the mouth, I need to check the sculpt again, I remembered it was wide enough, probably the paint, or the bad photos causing perspective distortion. Or, it really is not wide enough :)

Thank you for the appreciation :)

Might be the paint throwing you off - little lighter colour here and there and it's basically the right hair. Mouth could be wider, but he's really not far off at all.

leon sculpt comparison

Edit: attachment is tiny so replaced.

The shape of the hair is off, the top is not roundish enough, top side too thin, and the long side is too long instead of sloping up more (exactly hair as T2 John).

IMO Leon's hair gives the soft feel, i know it's not possible with hard sculpt but maybe the strands can be made thinner to let it have a "floating" feel? i felt the hair shape on the HT sculpt is more accurate this one feels more like RE2 remake style which is more realistic.

Face wise, i don't know, i guess it's like RE1 Remake Jill, very hard to capture especially the eyes & mouth? the eyes in the game makes him look sharp and is more roundish than the sculpt and the eyebag is slightly thick (nearly half the thickness of the eyes).

Sorry for the bad photos, but here's the progress on Leon. Still need to paint the highlights on the hair, and touch ups for the finishing

It's amazing to see how far this sculpt has come from the beginning, I appreciate all your hard work, this sculpt once finished is defiantly a must have for me. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update.

Anybody looking for the Dragon 1/6 Code Veronica set? Letting go of mine, mint condition except some cracks on the bodies.

2760d0fcc0789169b42197c1c0c2cd63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, just like I said above, the highlights are not painted yet. For the mouth, I need to check the sculpt again, I remembered it was wide enough, probably the paint, or the bad photos causing perspective distortion. Or, it really is not wide enough :)

Thank you for the appreciation :)

I agree with the others that the head sculpt looks good. It's going to be an unpainted piece anyway right? So as long as the sculpt is correct, however the prototype is painted, is not really going to impact how it looks in the end. I feel like the mouth is wide enough as is, but that's easy enough to correct with paint if it's not, so I don't really mind one way or another. Great work, regardless. Can't wait to paint mine! I've been waiting for an accurate RE4 Leon head sculpt for years. :)

Thank you all for the inputs and appreciations. I will try to do better, for the projects and works to come. I spend all night to try and learn photography, it's quite hard and I haven't understand it all yet, but here are the result. I hope you like it :D

Leon Proto1 (1261x1280).jpg
Leon Proto 2 (853x1280).jpg
Leon Proto 3 (921x1280).jpg

Those are very nice photos, SigitoSutasmano, the head sculpt looks as accurate as it can get without printing the actual 3D models they used in the game and that probably isn't ideal. I have trouble with photography myself so I'm probably not the best to give criticism on the subject, but I think you capture the sculpt very nicely in your photos. If I hadn't already jointed the group order, I would want to purchase the head now just based on those. :)

Those are very nice photos, SigitoSutasmano, the head sculpt looks as accurate as it can get without printing the actual 3D models they used in the game and that probably isn't ideal. I have trouble with photography myself so I'm probably not the best to give criticism on the subject, but I think you capture the sculpt very nicely in your photos. If I hadn't already jointed the group order, I would want to purchase the head now just based on those. :)
Thank you, about the actual 3D models from the game printed, I don't really think it can work like that. Probably could, if the studio that created the game also have their own toy/collectibles company. But mostly it's not. The toy company only provided with the models they can look or rotate as a reference. That's what I think. 3D models have different formats, the in game models are low poly compared to the actual model like in zbrush form, it won't be as detailed when imported. Some work must be done with it and the sculptor have to work as accurate as possible. It will kill the creative process too if you can just import and done. It's not magic :D So as a sculptor I always do it from scratch and use the models as references and the result is this sculpt. I will try another method of photography, I think it's a skill we must have as collectors

is the gap between the nose & lips slightly bigger than game?
I don't know who you're addressing for that question. If it's for me, I don't think it's bigger. It looks okay to me, I did the sculpt, it's not perfect like you said, but it's done and I can't revise it to perfection like your inputs are. But my supporters/buyers like my sculpt and it's enough for me. They are happy with it and that is what matters the most :D

Looks fine.

Yup, that's RE4 Leon alright. He looks fantastic!

Thank you all! :D:bow:bow:bow

Thank you, about the actual 3D models from the game printed, I don't really think it can work like that. Probably could, if the studio that created the game also have their own toy/collectibles company. But mostly it's not. The toy company only provided with the models they can look or rotate as a reference. That's what I think. 3D models have different formats, the in game models are low poly compared to the actual model like in zbrush form, it won't be as detailed when imported. Some work must be done with it and the sculptor have to work as accurate as possible. It will kill the creative process too if you can just import and done. It's not magic :D So as a sculptor I always do it from scratch and use the models as references and the result is this sculpt. I will try another method of photography, I think it's a skill we must have as collectors

I don't know who you're addressing for that question. If it's for me, I don't think it's bigger. It looks okay to me, I did the sculpt, it's not perfect like you said, but it's done and I can't revise it to perfection like your inputs are. But my supporters/buyers like my sculpt and it's enough for me. They are happy with it and that is what matters the most :D

Thank you all! :D:bow:bow:bow

Sorry, if it sounded differently than what I meant. I meant that the only other way to get a more accurate sculpt than yours, would be printing the head from the in-game meshes/3D-models and that wouldn't be ideal for many reason. I am very happy with how your 3D sculpt turned out, and as you mentioned, the only thing that matters is that the people who are actually purchasing the head are happy with it, and it seems we all are happy with it, so that's all that matters in the end. :)

Hi, can anyone advise on a suitable phicen body with matching skin tone for Hot Toys RE4 Ada headsculpt? Thinking of a new kitbash.
Thank you!

Back