Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally rediscovered this thread - huzzah.

I've a couple of new bodies on the way for my Leon and Wesker, so can finally show off that Moetoys STARS set.

In the mean time, I've been setting my eyes on finally getting Chris, and also starting work on Barry. I'm going for REmake appearance for all of my STARS members, except maybe Rebecca (if anybody knows where I can get one...), which will of course be Zero. Currently, two Chris figures are available, but thinning in supply: MomToys, and ZC Toys. My question for you all: which do you prefer? What do you think of them? I'm probably going to order the ZC Toys purely for that Samurai Edge and knife, maybe the Momtoys to make Barry? Let me know your opinions, I might not know something y'all do! Having missed out on Rebecca and Jill, I'd really rather not miss out on Redfield too!

Finally rediscovered this thread - huzzah.

I've a couple of new bodies on the way for my Leon and Wesker, so can finally show off that Moetoys STARS set.

In the mean time, I've been setting my eyes on finally getting Chris, and also starting work on Barry. I'm going for REmake appearance for all of my STARS members, except maybe Rebecca (if anybody knows where I can get one...), which will of course be Zero. Currently, two Chris figures are available, but thinning in supply: MomToys, and ZC Toys. My question for you all: which do you prefer? What do you think of them? I'm probably going to order the ZC Toys purely for that Samurai Edge and knife, maybe the Momtoys to make Barry? Let me know your opinions, I might not know something y'all do! Having missed out on Rebecca and Jill, I'd really rather not miss out on Redfield too!

Both have pros and cons. The ZC toys vest has STRAS on the vest and the MomToys the color of the vest is very light. I had to repaint mine.

9e78ac51a57cfe5bdd250de88d8e27a8.plist

MomToys Chris with upgraded knife holster from the HT ones and I used the ZC pouches and shirt. And other changes I made like holster, repainted vest.

c52c11d0509facd1aa39d41b21416977.plist

The ZC Chris turned into classic Chris. I used the ZC headsculpt for my code Veronica Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both have pros and cons. The ZC toys vest has STRAS on the vest and the MomToys the color of the vest is very light. I had to repaint mine.

9e78ac51a57cfe5bdd250de88d8e27a8.plist

MomToys Chris with upgraded knife holster from the HT ones and I used the ZC pouches and shirt. And other changes I made like holster, repainted vest.

c52c11d0509facd1aa39d41b21416977.plist

The ZC Chris turned into classic Chris. I used the ZC headsculpt for my code Veronica Chris.

IMO the original ZC Chris sculpt is pretty good has that dracula feel on Remake Chris. you will just need a better holster.

I've been replaying RE4 and it's probably the game I played most in my life. Now I'm older the ridiculousness of so much of it really strikes me...(why the hell do people lock doors and then open them after you kill bad guys?)

However! IMO the best thing about RE4 is the sound design. I think the person who did the sound should win an award. From the villagers shouts, to the howling wind it is all excellent. Particularly good is the creepy music and sounds the regenerators make. Even the save music is iconic!

I hope they keep the sound authentic for the new version.

Looks like I'll be ordering a ZC Chris very soon, then~

Meanwhile, I've been fettling a bit with Shapeways; for those not aware, 3D printing is a thing and yet, isn't something we see much of in 1/6 scale. Shapeways is a service that prints your 3D model files, in whatever scale and material you desire. I currently have two Zero guns in my basket: Billy's handgun, and the magnum. I can get models for other RE0 weapons, too. I would love to add more from the series but can't find much. Will update if I decide to put the order in.

In the meantime, here's something I put together a while back but didn't show off; Barry's Samurai Edge, made from a 4D kit M9, some Milliput, and a piece of tactical rail! Still nudes iron sites and the grips need work, too. photo_2020-04-28_22-52-37.jpgphoto_2020-04-28_22-52-36 (2).jpgphoto_2020-04-28_22-52-36.jpg

I got mine in today and I have to say I'm fairly impressed for a third party figure. The likeness is excellent IMO and the costume is decent enough, apart from the STRAS but then he'll be in a case front on for the most part so I can live it it.

20200502_135600.jpg

I also got around to swapping Leon's body with a Phicen seamless and I'm loving the results.
20200502_135652.jpg

I got mine in today and I have to say I'm fairly impressed for a third party figure. The likeness is excellent IMO and the costume is decent enough, apart from the STRAS but then he'll be in a case front on for the most part so I can live it it.

View attachment 484323

I also got around to swapping Leon's body with a Phicen seamless and I'm loving the results.
View attachment 484324

did not notice about the stras until you mentioned it.

also you need a better holster and vest buckle to make it closer to the game.

I'd probably switch out the knife sheath too while I was at it, but for right now I'm happy enough with the figure that those are all pretty low priority fixes. I might get around to them, I might not, he makes a pretty nice display piece either way.

For right now I'm more focused on diorama projects.

Man, for how popular the game is, there is almost no RE4 merchandise.

I?d love an i game a curate figure, or even a 3D printed headsculpt from RE4

Man, for how popular the game is, there is almost no RE4 merchandise.

I?d love an i game a curate figure, or even a 3D printed headsculpt from RE4

I know RE4 definitely needs more (and better) official merch. I doubt we will get an accurate figure unless the rumours of a 4 remake are true however that would be a figure based of the remake, even then we might not get anything since we haven't seen anything for 2 & 3 remake...yet! fingers crossed.

There is a more accurate RE4 Leon sculpt in the works, see page 1229

I have the RPD Leon from 4 and honestly, I don't think it's a terrible looking figure.

Just got a BSAA Chris on Ebay for just north of $300. Elbows are torn, but most likely not an issue in my display. If I wanted to change out the body, does anyone have any recommendations?

I have the RPD Leon from 4 and honestly, I don't think it's a terrible looking figure.

Just got a BSAA Chris on Ebay for just north of $300. Elbows are torn, but most likely not an issue in my display. If I wanted to change out the body, does anyone have any recommendations?

I had success swapping Leon with a Phicen/TBLeague 32 body, and I've heard people swapping Chris with a 34 or 35 body. You might need to find or make a wrist peg adaptor. (I was able to just cut down a couple wall anchors and hot glue them into Leon's hands and they work perfectly, so it isn't too difficult to find something that works)

I had success swapping Leon with a Phicen/TBLeague 32 body, and I've heard people swapping Chris with a 34 or 35 body. You might need to find or make a wrist peg adaptor. (I was able to just cut down a couple wall anchors and hot glue them into Leon's hands and they work perfectly, so it isn't too difficult to find something that works)

but nobody swapped Stars Wesker a new body.

He's got the electronics in his neck, right? I wonder if there's a way to just swap his arms to hide those seams and leave the light mechanism intact.

He's got the electronics in his neck, right? I wonder if there's a way to just swap his arms to hide those seams and leave the light mechanism intact.

maybe not seamless arms but there is a version of the TT that comes with old skool torso & neck but updated ball joint arms which is what we see on the newer TT body. if you want seamless you would need to give up the lights effect and plug the head directly. I mean how many people actually play with the lights apart from testing and taking photos? i already took the batteries out.

@Snake Plissken - Thanks for the great videos Snake! I think your Hunk looks really good. If we don’t get a hunk from hot toys for the RE remakes I’ll try and make my own.

Back